Thread: Fido $60/month new activation, voicemail doesn’t works.

Feedback Score

Fido $60/month new activation, voicemail doesn’t works.

Hi,

I got a new line activated on my existing IPhone s plus unlocked device with there BYOP $60/mon plan. I did ported the number from Koodo mobile.

For some strange reason my voicemail is not working & being on hold yesterday for 3/12 hours & today for another 1 1/2 hour with there customer service.

Both the times I was unable to get hold of anybody who could help. (Which I think is intentional as they don’t want to switch any customers to $60/mon plan.
    So they are keeping there lines busy.)

Did anybody else having problems with there voicemail after porting in?.
    Whenever I try setting up voicemail, message comes that my number isn’t valid.
    My number was ported in just fine & is working normal.

Also, is there anyway I can add $5 Value pack myself without calling them?.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Carrier(s)
    $60 Fido 10gb plan (Canada)
    Feedback Score
    Honestly at this point wait until tomorrow once the promotion is over. I didn’t even port in and just changed from a grandfathered plan to this one and I had issues with my VM too. I also made sure to get the $5 value pack in order to take advantage of Visual Voice Mail for iPhone and initially it didn’t register on the plan. I went back to the Fido store as I wasn’t too far and they told wait up to 24-48 hours as their systems are insanely overloaded. However after 1 hour it resolved itself. Give it time and if it doesn’t correct itself by then and/or you want the $5 value pack just called them after the promotion is over.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 3/Galaxy Note 4
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by caveman924 View Post
    Honestly at this point wait until tomorrow once the promotion is over. I didn’t even port in and just changed from a grandfathered plan to this one and I had issues with my VM too. I also made sure to get the $5 value pack in order to take advantage of Visual Voice Mail for iPhone and initially it didn’t register on the plan. I went back to the Fido store as I wasn’t too far and they told wait up to 24-48 hours as their systems are insanely overloaded. However after 1 hour it resolved itself. Give it time and if it doesn’t correct itself by then and/or you want the $5 value pack just called them after the promotion is over.
    btw - $5 Value Pack just increased to $7 Value Pack (I literally pressed refresh on my screen and it went up).

Apparently you need to call in or chat; multiple hours wait.
    PHT

Email: [email protected]

Feedback Score
    That’s what I was afraid of, price increase. Oh well, I signed up another Telus line just in case Fido plays any other dirty tricks.

Feedback Score
    A strange thing happened. Fido representative actually picked up the phone after 3 days & over 6 hours of total time wasted.
    Actually, she was very helpful this time. My voicemail is fixed & value pack added for $5/ month. That’s right, it’s still for $5/mo. I even got confirmation email stating it’s $5.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rsb74 View Post
    A strange thing happened. Fido representative actually picked up the phone after 3 days & over 6 hours of total time wasted.
    Actually, she was very helpful this time. My voicemail is fixed & value pack added for $5/ month. That’s right, it’s still for $5/mo. I even got confirmation email stating it’s $5.
    According to Fido, it will be $7 next billing cycle.

Device(s)
    Essential PH-1, Pixel XL, Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Nexus S
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo & Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    Price increases are to Rogers, are what water is to fish.

That's why they don't include clid, vmail etc. in the plans, and have a separate SOC.
    Un-Rogered, and getting better 'value'.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CGY Guy View Post
    Price increases are to Rogers, are what water is to fish.

That's why they don't include clid, vmail etc. in the plans, and have a separate SOC.
    Both caller ID and voicemail included in the base plans for both Rogers and Fido.
    $60 Fido 10 GB Pulse plan with $5 Value Pack (December 2017 Holideal)

Device(s)
    Essential PH-1, Pixel XL, Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Nexus S
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo & Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    Then, why the extra $5-$7 charge?

Feedback Score

Fido Value Pack

Quote Originally Posted by CGY Guy View Post
    Then, why the extra $5-$7 charge?
    https://www.fido.ca/consumer/mobile/add-ons/value-packs
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Yes. I wanted the Name Display (as it’s much nicer than just Caller ID), discounted long distance, and Premium Voicemail-To-Text. (The base plan already includes unlimited international messaging.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eug View Post
    Yes. I wanted the Name Display (as it’s much nicer than just Caller ID), discounted long distance, and Premium Voicemail-To-Text. (The base plan already includes unlimited international messaging.)
    Great! Only $07.00 / Month!

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    My billing cycle reset today. At first it changed from 11 GB (which was my old 6 GB plan plus the new 5 GB plan) to just 5 GB.

Then later it changed to 10 GB, reflecting the 5 GB bonus. It's annoying that otherwise the 5 GB bonus is mentioned nowhere else. The plan is still named a 5 GB plan and lists 5 GB as the available data. It's just that when you check the data remaining counter, it states 10 GB total.

Interestingly, my Value Pack still says $5 instead of $7.