Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Review of Unlimited2 after a month

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tibadoe View Post
    I really didn't want to give up my 5 lines $100 deal either. We never get anywhere close to being throttled back and for the price, the 8mb speed worked great for us. But as thing go, the daughter's phone is on it's last leg. So yesterday, I went ahead and made the switch to the Unlimited 2 with 4 lines for $100 at the lower 3mb speeds. First, I canceled the extra 5th line first, then had the remaining 4 lines switched. After all that, I ordered the Halo for the daughter (she won't know till Christmas morning). The customer service person that assisted me on Chat did a great job -- rather go the chat route then call CS any-day. As for today, almost 36 hours later, the phone arrived overnight and no one has noticed or said a word about the 3mb speed. Honestly, I tested it all day while I was out and don't notice any difference either. So far I am pleased!
    I am curious, why did you give up the grandfathered plan if you didn't go over 5GB? You could've bought any phone and not lost it. Did you get bopped with an upgrade fee? Also why that phone? I like the E4 pricing and the Honor 6 specs better for the same or less.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
    If it wasn't shared I'd be VERY okay with this. My daughter is a real **** pain. I guess school is allowing her to listen to music while she does her work and she is using Youtube and the school has it blocked. I personally wish they'd tell them to put their phones away at ALL times, but I guess they also let them use them for looking things up and other such garbage. It has me SUPER irate. We have WiFi everywhere and have all unlocked phones. I've considered taking her phone away and giving her a flip. This is a huge problem in for me and I don't know how to easily combat it. Not the data, I mean the phones in school.
    Both Metro and Boost have unlimited music on their lower tier plans.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    Both Metro and Boost have unlimited music on their lower tier plans.
    Why are you here? It is of no value to this sub-forum. I am familiar with the other cellular deals. I have a list of reasons why I am not going to either of those providers.

I don't understand how this constant barrage helps you get your rocks off.

Device(s)
    6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    I am curious, why did you give up the grandfathered plan if you didn't go over 5GB? You could've bought any phone and not lost it. Did you get bopped with an upgrade fee? Also why that phone? I like the E4 pricing and the Honor 6 specs better for the same or less.
    The 5th line was just a spare - so I didn't mind letting that go. After doing some research and talking with others, I weighed my options and made the switch. I did have to pay a $25 upgrade fee - but got a credit $25 and used a $20 off code for phone. Got the Halo because that was the one my daughter picked out.
    ----
    Joe

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

Review of Unlimited2 after a month

I’ve been using Unlimited 2 for a few weeks now. It is fine for a Netflix, Hulu, Amazon video, Sling TV, Youtube 480p as well as music streaming. I haven’t needed to use a VPN. I did modify the settings on Sling TV to use less bandwidth.

Not surprising really. Many households are still stuck on 3Mbps or slower DSL. The video streaming services need to support these use cases.

Do I think 3Mbps is thrilling? no, but it is functional.
    Last edited by mch; 12-20-2017 at 10:18 PM.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    The 5th line was just a spare - so I didn't mind letting that go. After doing some research and talking with others, I weighed my options and made the switch. I did have to pay a $25 upgrade fee - but got a credit $25 and used a $20 off code for phone. Got the Halo because that was the one my daughter picked out.
    OK now I understand....you only really needed 4 lines, but might as well take that free 5th line when you were on the 5gb plan.
    Get cheap calling cards to call anywhere in the world! Click here!

Feedback Score
    Why are you here? It is of no value to this sub-forum. I am familiar with the other cellular deals. I have a list of reasons why I am not going to either of those providers.

I don't understand how this constant barrage helps you get your rocks off.
    Lots of people read this forum and come here for opinions. They would like to hear about their options even if its another service. They might not post, but they are lurking here. More importantly, there are a lot of older (un-savvy) folk that don't have the time to click through dozens of threads. They might not know you can get unlimited music streaming for the same price as Cricket's $40 plan (no streaming). They might not be aware that Cricket has slower 3mbit service while others offer full-speed unthrottled service. I wonder why a friendly response would bother you so much. I swear, its like ya'll are getting paid to shill for Cricket.

Feedback Score
    You can bypass the 1.5mbs throttle for full 3mbs video with any VPN. Including openvpn. No encryption needed.

Feedback Score
    Forgot to add, Vue works great on unlimited 2 with no issues even at 1.5mbs. we've had no issues.

Device(s)
    6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    OK now I understand....you only really needed 4 lines, but might as well take that free 5th line when you were on the 5gb plan.
    Exactly!!!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score

Review of Unlimited2 after a month

Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    You can bypass the 1.5mbs throttle for full 3mbs video with any VPN. Including openvpn. No encryption needed.

I believe all vpn are encrypted. OpenVPN is one of the most secured from what I’ve read.

Difference comes in the type of encryption, from low encryption to higher encryption that openvpn has. Either way any vpn should do what you mentioned.

***Edit***

I stand corrected.

I guess you can have OpenVPN with encryption off. Of course I wouldn’t recommend that to anyone. And the server needs to be configured that way.

Device(s)
    HTC 10
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Been on the Unlimited 2 plan for 2 months already, every month I would use about 65 GB. Speeds have always stayed at a constant 3 mbps everywhere in California. Since I also have a lifetime VPN I am able to take advantage of the full 3mbps for video streaming. It works really well for 720p 60 FPS and regular 1080P Videos, haven't encountered any buffering at all.

Feedback Score
    I don't let my daughter or wife choose. They don't know anything about technology. Especially when I can get better for cheaper. I guess switching the plan is moot. I did the same thing, though our 14 year old was using up more than her allotment I didn't do it to appease her.

Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    Lots of people read this forum and come here for opinions. They would like to hear about their options even if its another service. They might not post, but they are lurking here. More importantly, there are a lot of older (un-savvy) folk that don't have the time to click through dozens of threads. They might not know you can get unlimited music streaming for the same price as Cricket's $40 plan (no streaming). They might not be aware that Cricket has slower 3mbit service while others offer full-speed unthrottled service. I wonder why a friendly response would bother you so much. I swear, its like ya'll are getting paid to shill for Cricket.
    That is hardly what you are doing. It is a constant barrage of vile hatred towards Cricket. I am no shill. Hell, I haven't even had to pay them in ages. Plus I was one of the people exploiting $1.07 phones. You have some ax to grind and it isn't productive or friendly as you say. It is obnoxious and overbearing.

Quote Originally Posted by serophia View Post
    Been on the Unlimited 2 plan for 2 months already, every month I would use about 65 GB. Speeds have always stayed at a constant 3 mbps everywhere in California. Since I also have a lifetime VPN I am able to take advantage of the full 3mbps for video streaming. It works really well for 720p 60 FPS and regular 1080P Videos, haven't encountered any buffering at all.
    Tell me more about this VPN for life.

Device(s)
    6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    I don't let my daughter or wife choose. They don't know anything about technology. Especially when I can get better for cheaper. I guess switching the plan is moot. I did the same thing, though our 14 year old was using up more than her allotment I didn't do it to appease her...........
    I always check out and help them make a informed technical decision -- that's what it's all about -- teaching them to make an informed decision. If she had decided on another phone which was a bad decision, I would have steered her correctly. We went over all the specs of her current phone (Samsung Grand Prime) and the phone she wanted (Samsung Halo). She made an excellent decision for her needs and got a good price for the new phone to boot. She is not into the latest and greatest. It's all about free will and learning.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the review blacksurfer. I fall into the 'just fine with 5gb per line' camp. But it's good to know that the 5/$125 for Unl2 is a good option should I lose the grandfathered discount. I am having to setup a 6th line on a separate account to not lose it. Would be nice to have it all under one login and payment option for refill cards.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast