Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Review of Unlimited2 after a month

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    Sigh, I was just trying to help. There are definite downsides to Unlimited 2, but I don’t see anyone else reporting the same issue as you, so am wondering why your experience is different. I really am simply curious, but for some reason I must be coming across as attacking the validity of your experience.
    I don't understand why he has been repeatedly so personally butt hurt about it either. Looks like you and I have been here well over a decade. I quit using HoFo a long time ago because it seemed like the user base was so shrunk. I used to really prefer XDA, but with everyone having an expensive phone, there are too many non-tech asking the same things all the time. My point is, I doubt you and I could be called shills. I don't even think Cricket was in my area when I started here and would never have considered them until the AT&T buyout.

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto Zap View Post
    On this plan can you upgrade a line to the regular 8mbs unlimited?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, and I am hoping that is something they change. I think they'd see a TON of people do it just because they have a marginal understanding about how internet speeds actually work and it would be a great marketing tool. I'd personally do it to my primary line, but the others haven't even noticed since the switch.

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-tmb rugby 3
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    How you currently feeling about the ul2. I have to agree with o/p original summary, and have been pleasantly surprised.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    How you currently feeling about the ul2. I have to agree with o/p original summary, and have been pleasantly surprised.
    Been on it a few months now. It's fine. My lines have used over 1TB and have yet to be deprioritized. If we have it wasn't in a noticeable fashion. I would not likely use it instead of my home ISP. 8Mb though I might consider.

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

Review of Unlimited2 after a month

It continues to be just fine for me, even for video streaming. Not thrilling, but certainly adequate. I have been using Unlimited 2 for around 3 months. 4/100 is certainly a nice price.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    4 for $100 missing from website, is it gone or a glitch?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bolthead View Post
    4 for $100 missing from website, is it gone or a glitch?
    It's still there, may have moved it, look at "see deals" associated with that "plan.
    Last edited by plane; 03-09-2018 at 10:46 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the review.
    I was wondering how the 3mb download worked out for others, and it seems to be fine.
    I missed out on getting the 5 for $100 (I got 4, and was going to add a 5th in December), so no change in price for me, just wondering how the "slower" speeds work.
    My 15 yr old daughter usually hits her 5 gb limit near the end of the month (streams a lot of music), so was thinking about it, think I will do it.

Device(s)
    Moto G4
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    We switched my family over to it (other than myself, as I'm on Sprint's One Year Free plan) and while there was a bit of concern with the slower speeds when I mentioned switching to it, after having it I've only heard praises for the plan from my family. They're not huge tech geeks, so they don't do speed tests or the like to try and push the network, but two of them do stream and/or use social media pretty heavily and were hitting the cap. Both of them are really happy for the switch; the speed is still good enough to stream and there's no heavy throttle that makes it nearly unusable after 5GB.

For those of us who love to see fast speed tests and push everything to the limit, it definitely has limitations. But for the general public, it's a solid plan that offers just enough to make the experience decent for a price that's very reasonable.
    Not bad for a free unlimited line from Sprint!

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have been testing Cricket service with this plan now for a few weeks and I am pleasantly surprised how usable the data really is. So Far in the last week I have used just over 3 GB of data. I purposely shut of Wi-Fi when steaming to see how the network performs. I can stream the hockey game on Fox Sports Go app or YouTube TV with no lag or buffering and the video quality is as good as it is on T-Mobile, most websites load without lag and apps that need data do not suffer. I am using the sim in an iPhone 7 plus.

Device(s)
    Gold iPhone 7 Plus (Verizon variant)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bolthead View Post
    I have been testing Cricket service with this plan now for a few weeks and I am pleasantly surprised how usable the data really is. So Far in the last week I have used just over 3 GB of data. I purposely shut of Wi-Fi when steaming to see how the network performs. I can stream the hockey game on Fox Sports Go app or YouTube TV with no lag or buffering and the video quality is as good as it is on T-Mobile, most websites load without lag and apps that need data do not suffer. I am using the sim in an iPhone 7 plus.
    You are not alone about Cricket data usability, I never have chronic data buffering from Cricket since I switched 2 years ago, the service still stellar both call and data, huge difference from T mobile or Sometimes Verizon data buffering mostly indoor building. T-Mobile has very fast speed but it’s only locations not permeating or blanketing like AT&T/Cricket. You need 2-3 Mbps that consistent working not 100 Mbps in one area and 1mile inside another building with buffering data or dropped calls that you experience often with T-Mobile. My 2 cents

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-410
    Feedback Score
    I switched everyone on my account over (three family members who are in a few different places), and the idea was always "if it's not great, we can go back to 4 5GB lines with Group Save and pay a little more." Three months later, there are moments where I know I'm on a 3Mbps connection (notably if I decide to update apps while on cellular), but for things that I'm using my phone regularly for (looking up places and businesses, searching for things/general web browsing, streaming music in the car, anything communication/social media), it's fine. I have yet to hear any complaints from the others, too (all on iPhones - I have an 8 Plus, the others have an SE, another SE, and a 5S). We're saving some money overall from even the prior Cricket plans and for most things, the service is fine. From just casually monitoring, it seems most users are using about 50% more data than before, so most are starting to cross the 5GB/month threshold.

I did think I finally saw the ugly side of this last week when I was getting dinner with a friend and my phone was nearly unusable. It's a bit more densely populated area (growing suburb). My friend's phone was really slow, too (AT&T MSV plan), so then I knew something else was going on. Despite having a strong signal (Band 12), I wonder if it was coming from further away or a narrower bit of spectrum. The minute we went outside, we jumped to Band 2 (or maybe it was 4) and things were normal. Needless to say, I've been doing some very casual comparisons with postpaid AT&T service and I have yet to really find fault areas where Unlimited 2 is made much worse as some comments would have you believe.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    I switched everyone on my account over (three family members who are in a few different places), and the idea was always "if it's not great, we can go back to 4 5GB lines with Group Save and pay a little more." Three months later, there are moments where I know I'm on a 3Mbps connection (notably if I decide to update apps while on cellular), but for things that I'm using my phone regularly for (looking up places and businesses, searching for things/general web browsing, streaming music in the car, anything communication/social media), it's fine. I have yet to hear any complaints from the others, too (all on iPhones - I have an 8 Plus, the others have an SE, another SE, and a 5S). We're saving some money overall from even the prior Cricket plans and for most things, the service is fine. From just casually monitoring, it seems most users are using about 50% more data than before, so most are starting to cross the 5GB/month threshold.

I did think I finally saw the ugly side of this last week when I was getting dinner with a friend and my phone was nearly unusable. It's a bit more densely populated area (growing suburb). My friend's phone was really slow, too (AT&T MSV plan), so then I knew something else was going on. Despite having a strong signal (Band 12), I wonder if it was coming from further away or a narrower bit of spectrum. The minute we went outside, we jumped to Band 2 (or maybe it was 4) and things were normal. Needless to say, I've been doing some very casual comparisons with postpaid AT&T service and I have yet to really find fault areas where Unlimited 2 is made much worse as some comments would have you believe.
    I can notice on large files and updates. In fairness I noticed that at 8Mb too. I spent a month downloading 10GB files and it was consistent at the 3Mb speed. 500GB worth. Tethering doesn't effect this either, I could see how it could potentially on lower end phones though.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Curious, has anyone been able to compare either crickets ul2 or the other, side by side with another network as far as loading pages and more routine uses, as opposed to file downloads, which obviously will be where the faster service should be superior.

Similarly, I was surprised, with the side by side phone model comparisons on utube. I'd mistakenly assumed the newer model phones would be vastly superior to a somewhat older, but a lot cheaper 2 or 3 year old handset.

Feedback Score
    Curious, has anyone been able to compare either crickets ul2 or the other, side by side with another network as far as loading pages and more routine uses, as opposed to file downloads, which obviously will be where the faster service should be superior.

Similarly, I was surprised, with the side by side phone model comparisons on utube. I'd mistakenly assumed the newer model phones would be vastly superior to a somewhat older, but a lot cheaper 2 or 3 year old handset.
    You tube is so optimized now that even old handsets can run it just fine. It's a hard app to use for any type of comparisons between devices because it pretty much runs well on anything.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

My Father in Law and I did a side by side with several websites and apps, he has AT&T postpaid on an iPhone X and I ran cricket on my iPhone 7 Plus and while slightly slower my 7 plus using cricket was able to hold its own. We both were amazed that they were that close. If not for being side by side I’d say you couldn’t have seen the difference. I plan on doing a side by side with T-Mobile in another 7 plus if I can ever pry it from my son’s hand

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast