Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Review of Unlimited2 after a month

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score

Review of Unlimited2 after a month

I was one of those who thought Cricket would have to pry my 5 lines for $100 at 8mb speed from my dead body. After all I had tried Unlimited2 before and didn't like how Directvnow would buffer. I also didn't like the price. It was something like $180 for five lines and I refused to pay $80 extra for slow unlimited 3mb speed.

Then I noticed my daughters would use up their 4gb data in about 15 days, so I would do the upgrade/downgrade trick to get an additional 4gb data. Even that would be used up a few days before the new billing period. My options were to upgrade to the Smart plan for 8gb and actually get 16gb with the upgrade/downgrade trick. That would raise the bill to $150 on five lines. So then Cricket decided to match MetroPCS 4 lines for $100 and 5 lines for $125 at 3mb speed (1.5 on videos). Like others here, I said what the heck, I changed to the Unlimited2 plan.

My daughters have no idea about data speeds and never asks. They stream Netflix, Hulu and Youtube and haven't complained at all. I even tried DTVnow and it doesn't buffer anymore. (must be a new codec in the update). So now we have 3 lines that already used up more than 15gb of data. We stream music all the time and so far so good.

It's not for everyone who's grandfathered, especially if you barely use 5gb. But if you're close to using 5gb you may want to keep an eye on the end date of the promo.
    Get $25 Cricket referral credit! Same AT&T signal for a lot less! Click here!

Feedback Score
    Considering AT&T charges $60 for a single line on Unlimited Choice plan, Cricket unlimited 2 family plan 4 for $100 is definitely a bargain. Almost everyone just joined Cricket that I know of chose unlimited 2 plan over 5GB basic plan, no complaints so far.
    Last edited by zubrin; 12-20-2017 at 01:47 PM.

Feedback Score
    I switched our lines to UL2. No complaints so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Gold iPhone 7 Plus (Verizon variant)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score
    Awesome....i know i have to try this U2 one day but so far where i live is wifi heaven so i never hit 5 gb yet...less and less plan trick..lol. Thank you guys for invaluable update and review!

Feedback Score
    Total Wireless on Verizon with unthrottled data, 4 lines for $100, and 25GB of data isn't a bad deal either (if you dont live on netflix all day).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greg4android View Post
    Total Wireless on Verizon with unthrottled data, 4 lines for $100, and 25GB of data isn't a bad deal either (if you dont live on netflix all day).
    I agree. However, I have a hard time to get 3 more people to join the Total Wireless plan due to this "shared" 25GB. I wish they could just have a 6GB cap on each line.

Feedback Score
    If it wasn't shared I'd be VERY okay with this. My daughter is a real **** pain. I guess school is allowing her to listen to music while she does her work and she is using Youtube and the school has it blocked. I personally wish they'd tell them to put their phones away at ALL times, but I guess they also let them use them for looking things up and other such garbage. It has me SUPER irate. We have WiFi everywhere and have all unlocked phones. I've considered taking her phone away and giving her a flip. This is a huge problem in for me and I don't know how to easily combat it. Not the data, I mean the phones in school.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-410
    Feedback Score
    I'm switching our four lines over to this next billing cycle - although a few things may be slower, I think for most of the others on the account, it will be "good enough" and we'll be saving $20/month.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    I was one of those who thought Cricket would have to pry my 5 lines for $100 at 8mb speed from my dead body. After all I had tried Unlimited2 before and didn't like how Directvnow would buffer. I also didn't like the price. It was something like $180 for five lines and I refused to pay $80 extra for slow unlimited 3mb speed.

Then I noticed my daughters would use up their 4gb data in about 15 days, so I would do the upgrade/downgrade trick to get an additional 4gb data. Even that would be used up a few days before the new billing period. My options were to upgrade to the Smart plan for 8gb and actually get 16gb with the upgrade/downgrade trick. That would raise the bill to $150 on five lines. So then Cricket decided to match MetroPCS 4 lines for $100 and 5 lines for $125 at 3mb speed (1.5 on videos). Like others here, I said what the heck, I changed to the Unlimited2 plan.

My daughters have no idea about data speeds and never asks. They stream Netflix, Hulu and Youtube and haven't complained at all. I even tried DTVnow and it doesn't buffer anymore. (must be a new codec in the update). So now we have 3 lines that already used up more than 15gb of data. We stream music all the time and so far so good.

It's not for everyone who's grandfathered, especially if you barely use 5gb. But if you're close to using 5gb you may want to keep an eye on the end date of the promo.

The DTVnow buffering issue was the main reason I switched away from the "Unlimited 2". I was fine with the standard def. quality, but the buffering was terrible. It has become a habit now for the wife and I too watch/listen the "ID" channel on road trips, sometimes 8-10 hours a stretch, nothing more frustrating when the buffering starts just when they reveal who the killer is. So it seems to be running smoother now? May have to give it another try.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Total is not that good.. I had it for a month and would be in full LTE areas getting only 0.05 Mbps download..it was very inconsistent

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-tmb rugby 3
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I've not used total in over a year, but do they still add sales tax to their prices?

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-tmb rugby 3
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post

Thanks for this very timely thread.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    I've not used total in over a year, but do they still add sales tax to their prices?
    Yes the 4 lines for $100 ($95 with auto pay ) is almost $110 in my state (NY)

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    I really didn't want to give up my 5 lines $100 deal either. We never get anywhere close to being throttled back and for the price, the 8mb speed worked great for us. But as thing go, the daughter's phone is on it's last leg. So yesterday, I went ahead and made the switch to the Unlimited 2 with 4 lines for $100 at the lower 3mb speeds. First, I canceled the extra 5th line first, then had the remaining 4 lines switched. After all that, I ordered the Halo for the daughter (she won't know till Christmas morning). The customer service person that assisted me on Chat did a great job -- rather go the chat route then call CS any-day. As for today, almost 36 hours later, the phone arrived overnight and no one has noticed or said a word about the 3mb speed. Honestly, I tested it all day while I was out and don't notice any difference either. So far I am pleased!
    ----
    Joe

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zubrin View Post
    I agree. However, I have a hard time to get 3 more people to join the Total Wireless plan due to this "shared" 25GB. I wish they could just have a 6GB cap on each line.
    Extra data on the TW is $10 for 5GB and it rolls-over forever. So a 6GB plan would be $37 ($35 5GB + $2 1GB). Sure its not $25, but its not $100 either. You can even get the $25 talk/text plan and then add the $10 5GB add-on if you want to use data more sparingly. Plus its full-speed without throttle, easily worth the premium.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast