Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cricket stores charge activation fee....

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    cricKet
    Feedback Score

Cricket stores charge activation fee....

.........now with port in a number?
    Thank you

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-tmb rugby 3
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Still no online fee, right?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    cricKet
    Feedback Score
    I'm asking about in store lolz

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by teKcirc View Post
    I'm asking about in store lolz
    I may be missing your question/point, but I've never been charged for anything online(but they may be some), on the other hand I've only been on a cricket store once, when I got my first cricket line, when I was ignorant and suspicious of cricket policies. That visit cost me $25, which in hindsight was probably money well spent, but after becoming better informed thru these forums, have only used online. I see there is even a charge to pay your bill in stores which I understand but choose not to do.

Feedback Score
    $25 in store activation fee and $3 bill paying fee are in place for a while. Sales people do not work for free, even though you can get all the answers to your questions from this forum. Lesson learned and let's move on.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zubrin View Post
    $25 in store activation fee and $3 bill paying fee are in place for a while. Sales people do not work for free, even though you can get all the answers to your questions from this forum. Lesson learned and let's move on.
    Correct and correct. I did a google for cricket store fees, got cricket page which indicates that, and also I'd forget online charge for phone upgrade too.

Feedback Score
    .........now with port in a number?
    Thank you
    They have charged the $25 fee in-store from the start. Cricket is really sneaky about it, but then again they don't tell you service is throttled to 3mbit unless you read the fine print.

Device(s)
    6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Yes - Store charges $25 fee for just about any in-store dealings. I look around in-store (currently free) and use the online chat for everything else.
    ----
    Joe

Feedback Score
    T-mobile does it by charging 25.00 for a SIM.

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    My local reseller Cricket store waives the $25 if you buy $25+ in overpriced accessories. Better than nothing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Budsdad View Post
    My local reseller Cricket store waives the $25 if you buy $25+ in overpriced accessories. Better than nothing.
    Hardly. In this case being charged nothing is MUCH better.

I understand the practicing of bilking people out of money for instant gratification though. I can't imagine why they'd want to stop this practice especially with all the other carriers doing it too.

Feedback Score
    I think he meant better than getting nothing for $25. This is a good example of how you should try to haggle with the dealer. Maybe you get an overpriced case or car chargers but it's something for your $25 if you can't get what you need online in time.

2 years ago I got two new lines at a dealer with no activation fee but they required that we get the $50 plan for each. No problem - downgraded the next day and got the credit for the difference paid.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    cricKet
    Feedback Score
    Thank you very much for all of you that go above and beyond to answer the question but the simple question have not been answered

Just 2 months ago, all the dealer in my area not charge a $25 activation fee if you port in your number from a different carrier. But now they all do.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Dealers in my area are charging the same but they have promos where they waive it if you port and activate on an unlimited plan, I think it is at their discretion (each authorized dealer) whether or not to charge certain fees like activation. If you have multiple locations, call around and ask if there is any way to get them waived. I was bringing over 2 lines and most of then were willing to waive the main line's fee.

Sent from my SM-G950U using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Thank you very much for all of you that go above and beyond to answer the question but the simple question have not been answered

Just 2 months ago, all the dealer in my area not charge a $25 activation fee if you port in your number from a different carrier. But now they all do.
    See, I didn't know that they even stopped doing this near me. Perhaps you got incorrect info 2 months ago or they changed the deal. Regardless, they ain't doing it now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast