Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cricket ending domestic roaming in Wyoming and Montana (March 2018)

Feedback Score
    B1 started this thread and he is a Metro fan. If you put a Cricket phone in one hand and Metro phone in the other travel all over the country Cricket will serve you better today. I travel every day for work to the tune of 50,000 miles a year across NC, SC, VA and TN. AT&T serves me much better. I just gave T-Mobile a 2 month try again and it still doesn't cut it for a road warrior. I did a road trip from Denver to Salt Lake driving across Wyoming, Idaho and Utah. I was not on Cricket but Native AT&T at the time. My phone worked most of the time.

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    IPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
    Actually I was in Yellowstone this summer and there was NOOOO coverage anywhere in the park. Like literally once you drove in a few miles from the entrance gates it was NO SERVICE all day long.
    Agreed. My prepaid T-Mobile line worked much better in the park when compared to my postpaid AT&T line.

T-Mobile roamed very well while AT&T didn’t allow any roaming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joncthomas View Post
    You can't hike, fish camp 24/7. This will suck for me if i crash on my bike in the backcountry and can't phone a friend.
    911 will still work, as long as there are compatible cell towers around.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    Source

Are we having fun yet? The worst in the industry keeps outdoing itself.
    And the biggest Cricket troll on HoFo keeps outdoing himself. Well done, you Cricket troll. Not afraid of more bans?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
    Actually I was in Yellowstone this summer and there was NOOOO coverage anywhere in the park. Like literally once you drove in a few miles from the entrance gates it was NO SERVICE all day long.
    I forgot what carrier I had then.. Alltel? I was using a Nokia flip phone.

Maybe in the meantime someone did what Sprint did when they bought up Next-to-hell. That is, destroyed the towers or something?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tunabreath View Post
    It really seems Cricket just keeps cutting and cutting features that reeled customers in.
    What are some of those features? I switched from Cricket to AT&T prepaid earlier this year, so I haven't paid attention. But did want to recommend a family member to Cricket in case Metro PCS, which she just switched to does not work for her.

Sent from my Pixel XL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

Cricket ending domestic roaming in Wyoming and Montana (March 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by tunabreath View Post
    It really seems Cricket just keeps cutting and cutting features that reeled customers in.
    Cricket added VoLTE, Wifi calling, 4/100 unlimited2 in the last year.

For me, Cricket is significantly better than it was a year ago.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    Cricket added VoLTE, Wifi calling, 4/100 unlimited2 in the last year.

For me, Cricket is significantly better than it was a year ago.
    Data reset.
    $25 upgrade fee.
    This roaming.
    Cricket rewards.
    5/$100.
    $.99 phones.

I didn't get VoLTE or WiFi calling.

I never messed with the reset, now it certainly won't effect me.
    $25 upgrade fee will likely never effect me.
    This roaming likely will never effect me.
    Cricket rewards is going to cost me $10] a month because I haven't had to pay my bill.
    5/$100 is something I dropped in favor of the new 4/$100, but really I don't know that I prefer it.
    $.99 phones was just a way I make quick beer money at Cricket's expense.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
    Data reset.
    $25 upgrade fee.
    This roaming.
    Cricket rewards.
    5/$100.
    $.99 phones.

Cricket rewards is going to cost me $10] a month because I haven't had to pay my bill.
    5/$100 is something I dropped in favor of the new 4/$100, but really I don't know that I prefer it.
    So really, they didn't drop features so much as they just made it harder to get free **** (free phones, free service and more data than you're "paying" for with rewards).

5/$100 was always listed as a limited time promotion.
    Roaming has always been a bonus on prepaid, not a typical feature.
    The $25 upgrade fee is a pretty small subsidy for a new handset compared to Verizon, AT&T and Sprint who screw people out of hundreds for their "free" upgrade.

I don't get people *****ing about Cricket... The beauty of prepaid is that if you don't like it you can leave whenever you want. Switch to whatever service you think works better for you and leave the drama to Hollyweird.

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score
    Data reset.
    $25 upgrade fee.
    This roaming.
    Cricket rewards.
    5/$100.
    $.99 phones.

Admittedly, I never used any of the above. I don't buy devices from carriers. I never used data reset to game the data meter. I never used Cricket rewards. 4/$100 is better for me than 5/$100 because I use a fair bit of data.

VoLTE was a big win for me because I spend a lot of time in congested areas of downtown Seattle where AT&T's UMTS voice is near unintelligible.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mbellot View Post
    So really, they didn't drop features so much as they just made it harder to get free **** (free phones, free service and more data than you're "paying" for with rewards).

5/$100 was always listed as a limited time promotion.
    Roaming has always been a bonus on prepaid, not a typical feature.
    The $25 upgrade fee is a pretty small subsidy for a new handset compared to Verizon, AT&T and Sprint who screw people out of hundreds for their "free" upgrade.

I don't get people *****ing about Cricket... The beauty of prepaid is that if you don't like it you can leave whenever you want. Switch to whatever service you think works better for you and leave the drama to Hollyweird.
    I wasn't *****ing; but I certainly WAS exploiting these loopholes. The $25 upgrade fee is BS, but seems like if it is something they can get away with, why not. I understood it in stores, but the upgrade fee done online is gay. I am going to stay with them until someone else fits my needs better. Biggest consideration of leaving is I just bought the Gear S3 and would really like to get a 4G LTE version when the new one comes out. If they continue with eSIM I might have to go to AT&T proper. Verizon would be the only other carrier I would consider. Sprint and T-Mobile are out. MetroPCS I would only switch to to exploit the free stuff for port in and have no intention of actually using them long term.

I will likely just tucker along with the 4/$100 plan until (if) AT&T gets fiber in my neighborhood. That will probably be my game changer.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I wasn't *****ing;
    I know, I was referring to others who seem to thrive on complaining about anything and everything - including the troll that started this thread.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mbellot View Post
    I know, I was referring to others who seem to thrive on complaining about anything and everything - including the troll that started this thread.
    I've taken to reporting any of his post that don't contribute to the conversation. I don't think the mods care. The user-base here seems so small I think they are scared to lose anymore.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    Where is Montana or Wyoming? :-)
    LOL...I shoot images for a camera mfg and had to deal with their ad agency in NYC. I swear, everyone I dealt with there have never been out of that place. One adventurous soul said she did visit Denver once...
    I had a memorable 2 day visit (as in trapped) to Gillette, WY a few years ago in a raging snowstorm. Montana is great with incredible landscapes and wildlife.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    Source

Are we having fun yet? The worst in the industry keeps outdoing itself.
    AT&T seems to be engaged in a deliberate attempt to worsen Cricket to prevent defections from postpaid.

Sent from my LG-M430 using HoFo mobile app

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast