Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Cricket ending domestic roaming in Wyoming and Montana (March 2018)

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

Cricket ending domestic roaming in Wyoming and Montana (March 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by smsgator View Post
    AT&T seems to be engaged in a deliberate attempt to worsen Cricket to prevent defections from postpaid.

Sent from my LG-M430 using HoFo mobile app
    Well, AT&T unlimited choice with 4 lines (3Mbps, SD video) is $160/mo
    Cricket with the same speed cap is $100/mo with taxes included.

There are advantages to postpaid. Roaming is one of them. Free HBO is another. The discount on DirectTV is yet another. Some people also take advantage of carrier phone financing. The option to upgrade to Unlimited Plus is another. Some may also take advantage of in store support, there are many more AT&T stores than cricket stores.
    Last edited by mch; 12-31-2017 at 07:34 AM.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smsgator View Post
    AT&T seems to be engaged in a deliberate attempt to worsen Cricket to prevent defections from postpaid.

Sent from my LG-M430 using HoFo mobile app
    My understanding is no need for roaming as at&t is building out their presence there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenhal View Post
    My understanding is no need for roaming as at&t is building out their presence there.
    That's what I've heard, too - possibly a side-effect of the FirstNet contract. I suspect those were the more costly roaming agreements or areas where AT&T will be building. If this was purely a move to hurt Cricket (and probably AT&T Prepaid as it has similar roaming), all roaming would be ended, but it seems some will be kept (Nebraska).

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by damus990 View Post
    Who cares? Go away

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using HoFo mobile app

the people of Montana and Wyoming and other people who travels threw the sates

Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    Lately it feels that way, but looking at the last two years, many things are still on the side of positives (VoLTE/Wi-Fi calling if your device takes advantage of that, not on separate proxy servers, some roaming still in place, way more data even on entry level plans). My attitude with Cricket has been that the core service is pretty good and the extras have sort of come and gone in waves.

AT&T has cut back on some of the perks, but grandfathered 5/$100 or Unlimited 2 4/$100 are still way more than I was paying for less even a year ago on AT&T postpaid and the experience still is pretty darn close.

in my area ATT went down hill with coverage and speed thats for 1...2 is when they stop with the referral program i lost tons of credits cuz my sister in-law and her family all have cricket...i ported over for the $99 iphone SE deal and was going to stay but service all around has gone down hill...t-mobiles network is on point!!....like i said this is for my location.

Feedback Score
    All the OP does is start some garbage..then everyone gets into debates. Wish he could be banned

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    Well, AT&T unlimited choice with 4 lines (3Mbps, SD video) is $160/mo
    Cricket with the same speed cap is $100/mo with taxes included.

There are advantages to postpaid. Roaming is one of them. Free HBO is another. The discount on DirectTV is yet another. Some people also take advantage of carrier phone financing. The option to upgrade to Unlimited Plus is another. Some may also take advantage of in store support, there are many more AT&T stores than cricket stores.
    For those who it matters to. I now have "free" HBO. But I watch less TV than I used to. When I find time, I'm planning to either drop to a base cable TV plan (with DVR) or just drop it altogether and go OTA. (I have the DirecTV Now offer for "free" AppleTV).

I'm also not so close to the edge that I'm having to decide on whether to pay my electric bill, or my cell phone bill. So cutting back on cable TV is just a matter of principle of why spend for something I'm not using.
    iPhone X on ATT Prepaid. Backup iPhone 7+ on inexpensive Verizon MVNO plan. Hopefully covers me in the continental US for phone usage. Cheaper than a single unlimited plan on ATT or Verizon or T-Mobile.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    That's what I've heard, too - possibly a side-effect of the FirstNet contract.
    In the longer term, yes. In the short term, it just hurts their customers who travel through these areas. B14 has very limited phone support (though is in the new Galaxy S9). It will be quite some time before many customers will have a phone that supports it. Just bought my iPhone X in November, don't want to buy replacement this year (assuming that Apple does get support into new models).

For emergency support, if you can afford it, and you travel on the highway enough, it probably doesn't hurt to have a real inexpensive backup phone you can take along. If primary carrier is ATT based, a $10-15 Verizon MVNO plan. If Verizon, an ATT based plan. If Sprint, ATT or Verizon based plan.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4