Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AT&T Pledges $1B Capital Investment After Tax Reform

Device(s)
    iP7, GS8, Galaxy Tab S3, iPad mini 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

AT&T Pledges $1B Capital Investment After Tax Reform

DALLAS -- Today, Congress approved legislation representing the first comprehensive tax reform in a generation. The President is expected to sign the bill in the coming days.

Once tax reform is signed into law, AT&T* plans to invest an additional $1 billion in the United States in 2018 and pay a special $1,000 bonus to more than 200,000 AT&T U.S. employees — all union-represented, non-management and front-line managers. If the President signs the bill before Christmas, employees will receive the bonus over the holidays.

“Congress, working closely with the President, took a monumental step to bring taxes paid by U.S. businesses in line with the rest of the industrialized world,” said Randall Stephenson, AT&T chairman and CEO. “This tax reform will drive economic growth and create good-paying jobs. In fact, we will increase our U.S. investment and pay a special bonus to our U.S. employees.”

Since 2012, AT&T has invested more in the United States than any other public company. Every $1 billion in capital invested in the telecom industry creates about 7,000 jobs for American workers, research shows.

Article from LightReading can be found here: http://www.lightreading.com/services.../d/d-id/739233
    --Bentley

Device(s)
    IPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    They are kissing up to Trump...trying to get their merger approved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iP7, GS8, Galaxy Tab S3, iPad mini 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by jtludwig View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I had no intention of this getting political so quickly. Please, let’s just see the bright side of things without letting politics getting in the way. $1 billion investment sure would be nice, right?

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+, LG G6+, Samsung Chromebook Plus, Samsung Gear S3 Frontier(VZ LTE)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BentleyBeard View Post
    I had no intention of this getting political so quickly. Please, let’s just see the bright side of things without letting politics getting in the way. $1 billion investment sure would be nice, right?
    There's a bright side to corruption? AT&T has lied, and will continue to lie and cheat to get their way, they care nothing about workers, unions, customers or doing the right thing for the nation, just enriching their wallet at our expense.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    This must mean they expect billions and billions in tax cuts. Hopefully the investment goes to wireless.

Apparently nationwide 5G is also a part of the WH's infrastructure push: https://www.fiercewireless.com/5g/wh...structure-push
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    IPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    There's a bright side to corruption? AT&T has lied, and will continue to lie and cheat to get their way, they care nothing about workers, unions, customers or doing the right thing for the nation, just enriching their wallet at our expense.
    Exactly. Look at their attempt to merge with T-Mobile...perfect example.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

I highly doubt this tax reform getting passed had any influence on their claim to spend an additional 1bil in CapEx. Just spewing standard issue corporate PR BS.

Device(s)
    SGS 7
    Carrier(s)
    MSV 10GB plus 10GB free, 4 lines
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jtludwig View Post
    The press release probably is. I'm sure they had the $1B planned anyway, and just waited for the tax bill to suck up to the Trump administration, because they would have had to invest it in the network anyway to stay competitive, tax bill or no tax bill.
    Happy AT&T customer and addicted Speedtester in CT
    AT&T Galaxy S7
    If you text while driving, you're an idiot. End of story.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+ (Intel), iPhone 6S, Galaxy S6, iPad 9.7, iPad Mini 3, Netgear Nighthawk Hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    To be clear, the $1billion is in addition to the ~$20-23billion T already spends on capital every year.
    I do not represent any company or other entity. Anything I post in these forums or write on this site are my thoughts and opinions only. I make every attempt to be 100% accurate, but I am human and do make mistakes from time to time.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus Grey 128Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I have news for you guys! All company’s do this! Why is everyone surprised?
    Hartford, CT Area

Device(s)
    SGS 7
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWDude49120 View Post
    To be clear, the $1billion is in addition to the ~$20-23billion T already spends on capital every year.
    Right, which they would have done anyways, but they needed to suck up to Trump and "prove" that the tax cuts "stimulate" investment. They run their network based on their network and what they want to spend, not the tax code.

Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score
    Att is just breaking out the surf board and riding the wave while they can. No different than some other companies

Feedback Score
    The people here at HoFo are smarter than that. Carriers have to spend more than a billion just getting ready for the future 5G. Like BMWDUDE said T-Mobile capital expenditures are 20 plus billion. Big Blue and Big Red will have to spend more that a billion a year to ensure their lead over T-Mobile.

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 edge, Note 5, Galaxy Tab S2
    Carrier(s)
    T,T-Mo,VZ.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    The people here at HoFo are smarter than that. Carriers have to spend more than a billion just getting ready for the future 5G. Like BMWDUDE said T-Mobile capital expenditures are 20 plus billion. Big Blue and Big Red will have to spend more that a billion a year to ensure their lead over T-Mobile.

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app
    I think BMW meant AT&T when he mentioned "T", and not T-Mobile. Companies are spending a ton of money on their networks no doubt.

Device(s)
    SGS 7
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    I want to see that coverage map grow! More LTE! More coverage!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast