Thread: Bootloader pixel xl

Feedback Score

Bootloader pixel xl

Anyone from Verizon want to tell me how I can unlock my bootloader (Oreo 8.x) ? I want to root it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG G6 (Carrier Unlocked)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmask View Post
    Anyone from Verizon want to tell me how I can unlock my bootloader (Oreo 8.x) ? I want to root it.

Unfortunately if you bought the phone from Verizon you will not be able to.
    Go over to XDA Forums.
    Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. -- Daniel Webster

Feedback Score
    Should be a sticky: Rooting, Bricks & Boot Loops go to XDA
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a hypersensitive psychopathic dictator having complete power, obsessively suppressing criticism, regimenting industry & commerce. Emboldening racism & aggressive nationalism.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB exp 08.10.18
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 01.23.19
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.20.19
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1call/3mo no exp by 07.02.18

Feedback Score
    If only Pixel had a micro sd card reader. Would have loved to try that phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by strathmore9 View Post
    If only Pixel had a micro sd card reader. Would have loved to try that phone.
    Man this phone is awesome just wish I could have a little more control over it.. my question to the employee is once my phone is paid up aren't we granted the ability to unlock by law?

Feedback Score
    Carrier sim locked is different than being able to unlock the bootloader and run custom software or root.

Your VZW phone is already carrier sim unlocked, since VZW doesn't lock their phones. You could use on ATT, TMO, or Sprint right now.

However, the bootloader is a completely separate issue and the laws don't require manufacturers or carriers to allow them to be unlocked. Sorry to disappoint.

You need to buy from Google if you want to have an unlockable bootloader.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmask View Post
    Man this phone is awesome just wish I could have a little more control over it.. my question to the employee is once my phone is paid up aren't we granted the ability to unlock by law?

See if you can sell it on Swappa and get the Google version. No way I'd buy Verizon Pixel when I can have unlocked Google Pixel. I know easier said than done. But you'll be glad you did. I've got a rooted Note 8. No unlocked bootloader, but better than nothing. At least they are better than they use to be from carriers of yesteryear. Now, you can at least block ads, disable bloat, and theme while unrooted. You can even install adfree dark themed Youtube with background playback. Doesn't fix everything, but being unrooted doesn't suck like it use to. Good luck

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by strathmore9 View Post
    See if you can sell it on Swappa and get the Google version. No way I'd buy Verizon Pixel when I can have unlocked Google Pixel. I know easier said than done. But you'll be glad you did. I've got a rooted Note 8. No unlocked bootloader, but better than nothing. At least they are better than they use to be from carriers of yesteryear. Now, you can at least block ads, disable bloat, and theme while unrooted. You can even install adfree dark themed Youtube with background playback. Doesn't fix everything, but being unrooted doesn't suck like it use to. Good luck
    Yeah I am not complaining I'm on Oreo 8.1 and using Google's new native dark theme when dark wallpapers applied and I have used Andromeda for theming.. It can be a pain sorting the overlays from other Substratum Andromeda themes and you do have to have your PC hooked up with Debugging enabled, etc... But I would love root and I know I have maybe a few ways to go.. I guess I need to get myself a backup until I can sell this one for an unlockable one.. I also think I could contact Google since my phone is only been purchased since October 2017 I'm able to exchange... So who knows.. but I would love to have someone point me to a more exact location or developer that would be interested in doing so.. its not illegal to unlock the bootloader correct? Ok anyway.. there is a reward for anyone who helps.
    Thanks again for helping and directing me.. with all due respect I apologise for getting off topic form to our il' buddy Howie

Thanks again fellas..

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score