Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to block incoming data on iPhone X?

Feedback Score

How to block incoming data on iPhone X?

I have an iPhone X with a Pay-your-way plan, so using cellular data is really expensive. I already tried turning my data off on my phone but it seems like there is still some data leakage and it's causing my remaining balance to drain. Is there a way I can get Freedom to completely block off incoming data or any other way to prevent data from coming in?

Device(s)
    Blackßerry Dtek50 & Passport
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Call in and have them disconnect your data service and use wifi only
    ""Wine'm, dine'm, sixty9'm""

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus (256GB version). iPhone 6S Plus (128GB version)
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchy_mitch View Post
    Call in and have them disconnect your data service and use wifi only
    This is apparently a known issue for the X. I don't have this issue on the 6S Plus. Is it draining when you turn off data in the Control Centre? In the Apple Forums, someone with an X on Rogers complained about this. Apple is aware of it, so it's not only his device.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You can tell if data is on if you see 3G or LTE in your status bar. It should just give you the signal strength with nothing next to it. Also, make sure wifi assist is turned off in Settings -> Cellular

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jhuynh View Post
    You can tell if data is on if you see 3G or LTE in your status bar. It should just give you the signal strength with nothing next to it. Also, make sure wifi assist is turned off in Settings -> Cellular
    That's not the point. You're missing the ball here. I already said it was a known issue. Read the OPs post, then read mine.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Driver8666 View Post
    That's not the point. You're missing the ball here. I already said it was a known issue. Read the OPs post, then read mine.
    You're the most trollish person on this forum since I started coming back to HoFo. Your reply to me has zero value. I almost never put people on an ignore list but you're really coming close since you spew the dumbest things I've ever read on this forum.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    You're the most trollish person on this forum since I started coming back to HoFo. Your reply to me has zero value. I almost never put people on an ignore list but you're really coming close since you spew the dumbest things I've ever read on this forum.
    Bottom line is that it should not be doing this with the data off. This is a known issue now. Like I said someone on Rogers in the Apple Support forums on Apple reported this. It doens't matter if he has WiFi Assist on or off. With the data off, it should not be happening yet it is.

Let me know when you have the same issue since you feel that way. Once you do, don't say you weren't warned.

By the way I was the one who spilled out Band 7 LTE in Toronto.

People will disagree on the troll part. I can say far worse on here, but I can't.

Feedback Score
    Bottom line is that it should not be doing this with the data off. This is a known issue now. Like I said someone on Rogers in the Apple Support forums on Apple reported this. It doens't matter if he has WiFi Assist on or off. With the data off, it should not be happening yet it is.

Let me know when you have the same issue since you feel that way. Once you do, don't say you weren't warned.

By the way I was the one who spilled out Band 7 LTE in Toronto.

People will disagree on the troll part. I can say far worse on here, but I can't.
    Do you know where is the thread of that person from Rogers with the same problem on Apple's forum? I did some Googling and can't seem to find it.

Feedback Score
    Yes, I turned off Cellular and turned off wi-fi assist

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by XMizer View Post
    Yes, I turned off Cellular and turned off wi-fi assist
    iPhone X Excessive Data Usage Thread on Apple Forums (yes I did comment on there since it is International):

https://discussions.apple.com/messag...23456#32749977

And yet I get accused of being a troll, and I'm getting this information out for fellow users of the forum? Read the third post. This is what I believe to be your case. The 4th post is nonsense.

No offense, but this should shut up the user that accused me of being a troll. He didn't know this when you posted this. I did. Because I'd seen it somewhere else. Is this dumb? I don't think so. The next time for the troll accuser, I won't be so nice. If he apologizes to me, that will be acceptable. And given this revelation, he'd better.
    Last edited by Driver8666; 12-22-2017 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Edited to point out what post that the OP is experiencing.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I think he was giving some advice to see if something else is on. What did he say about your post or you? NOTHING Big deal it's a known issue. It could also be something else unless you have a crystal ball and can see the OP's phone. So stop being an *** and nasty

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Freedom
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by XMizer View Post
    I already tried turning my data off on my phone but it seems like there is still some data leakage and it's causing my remaining balance to drain.
    I think you're the troll here. OP clearly said he had already turned data off in settings and that his phone is "leaking" it. Please actually read the OP before making a fool of yourself next time...

Getting back on topic, I think the best solution is for OP to call in and see if they will block mobile data on your account

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using HoFo mobile app
    Damn!

Carrier(s)
    Public / Freedom / T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Change the phone's data APN to something incorrect like:

internet.freedommobile.ca.REMOVEFORDATA
    For Sale:

Grandfathered Chatr Mobilicity Plan Unlimited Calls / Data
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...icity-Plan-350

Grandfathered Unlimited Incoming Wind / Freedom $80/yr!!
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...-80-per-year!!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile/Wind
    Feedback Score

How to block incoming data on iPhone X?

Quote Originally Posted by cal653 View Post
    Change the phone's data APN to something incorrect like:

internet.freedommobile.ca.REMOVEFORDATA
    Unless I’m not looking where I should but I thought after the new carrier update, we no longer can edit the APN settings. I wonder would Wi-Fi assist would actually caused this though..

I don’t see how that post made him a trollish person, OP said data is leaking even with data turns off then reading driver reply then reading yours made you more trollish then he do.
    Last edited by megamew; 12-23-2017 at 01:11 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Public / Freedom / T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm not too familiar with Iphones but I assume there must be a way to change something as critical as an APN manually on a phone.

Perhaps the Apple forums would know.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast