Thread: I'm staying on Verizon, my ex is heading over to Cricket, how do I do this properly?

Feedback Score

Question I'm staying on Verizon, my ex is heading over to Cricket, how do I do this properly?

I'm currently with Verizon, have been for years. I'm now on some plan called the "New Verizon Loyalty Plan 10GB". I currently have 3 lines:

iPhone 6s
    iPhone 6s
    LG GizmoPal 2

One of the iPhones is currently is used by sons mother. however we are no longer together. I was nice enough to pay off the remainder balance so she could keep it & take it wherever. Short story, I told her I'd take her to Cricket today & she can use her 6s. What all is needed for this to work, how will this process work? I've never done anything like this & I'm not tech savvy.

As I mentioned, her(mine) iPhone is completely paid off, nothing is owed to VZW & the ESN is clean. She does want to keep her current number if possible but she can live without it, if it's going to drag this on longer. I looked briefly online & it says there is a $25 activation fee. Anyway to get out of that?

I want her line off my Verizon plan today & and her iPhone on Cricket today, lol. I was going to take her to the closest Cricket Wireless Authorized Retailer & get this over with. I don't want to do anything online because it'll take to long. Just looking for the easiest, cheapest and quickest method to get this done.

Thanks

Device(s)
    6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    If you go in a store you gonna get hit with the $25 fee. You will need to purchase a SIM card and pay for first month service. They have a promotion now for a "$50 Bill Credit when you bring your unlocked smartphone to Cricket on an unlimited plan". May be something to look at.
    ----
    Joe

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Go to a store and provide them with her phone number, your account PIN and possibly account number from Verizon. Bring your latest bill with you. They will get her setup with a SIM and off she goes. There’s no avoiding the $25 activation since you want this done today so you’ll just have to eat it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score

I'm staying on Verizon, my ex is heading over to Cricket, how do I do this pr...

Quote Originally Posted by wobel85 View Post
    I'm currently with Verizon, have been for years. I'm now on some plan called the "New Verizon Loyalty Plan 10GB". I currently have 3 lines:

iPhone 6s
    iPhone 6s
    LG GizmoPal 2

One of the iPhones is currently is used by sons mother. however we are no longer together. I was nice enough to pay off the remainder balance so she could keep it & take it wherever. Short story, I told her I'd take her to Cricket today & she can use her 6s. What all is needed for this to work, how will this process work? I've never done anything like this & I'm not tech savvy.

As I mentioned, her(mine) iPhone is completely paid off, nothing is owed to VZW & the ESN is clean. She does want to keep her current number if possible but she can live without it, if it's going to drag this on longer. I looked briefly online & it says there is a $25 activation fee. Anyway to get out of that?

I want her line off my Verizon plan today & and her iPhone on Cricket today, lol. I was going to take her to the closest Cricket Wireless Authorized Retailer & get this over with. I don't want to do anything online because it'll take to long. Just looking for the easiest, cheapest and quickest method to get this done.

Thanks
    Ditto. What everyone said. $25 activation fee plus first month of service. If they do have that port credit, ask about it. Might be cheaper doing that then downgrading her service later if she doesn’t need or want unlimited.

The easiest way is to go to a store. Shouldn’t take them more than 15-20 mins to get her up and going. Just go with her as she’ll need your account number, account pin, maybe last 4 ssn, etc. to do the port, or give her all that information.

Obviously AT&T owns cricket and uses its network so it’s not some fly by night cheap third party company. Prices are good and worth the service. I’m an old Verizon unlimited customer when it was truly unlimited. Couldn’t be happier with the price and service of cricket. Wish you guys luck.

Code:
     What You Need

You'll need to provide your current wireless account information:

Account number
    Account PIN, password, or passcode
    Last four digits of your Social Security Number
    Billing ZIP code on account

Feedback Score
    Get a sim kit from Best Buy today and be done with it.

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-tmb rugby 3
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alj96z View Post
    Get a sim kit from Best Buy today and be done with it.
    Exactly. Going to store is nuts

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    I thought I was the only one who didn't understand going to the store. Also, if I didn't want to see my ex I'd just cancel her line and let her figure it out. While they do have a kid, that is store more involvement than I want. If he is just being a nice guy, give her the info needed and let her figure it out. She is an adult old enough to remember what life was like before a cellphone was glued to her person constantly.

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-tmb rugby 3
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    Of course I had to learn that for my first cricket hookup by going to store. But either on cricket wireless.com or via phone works just fine.

Feedback Score
    b1geast, let me help you out. ..
    "Haha your ex is stupid. He must not care about how terrible cricket is. Yada yada yada, (insert another stupid comment about cricket again)"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score

I'm staying on Verizon, my ex is heading over to Cricket, how do I do this pr...

You have a kid together and you’re worried about a $25 fee? Spend the $25 on flowers and kiss her like you did when you first met.
    Get cheap calling cards to call anywhere in the world! Click here!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    You have a kid together and you’re worried about a $25 fee? Spend the $25 on flowers and kiss her like you did when you first met.
    This is a wise guy right here