Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Is freedompop really 100% free? I want the truth and i can handle it....

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    It had only been about a week or so that used it before it went dead, honestly don't know who's payment info they have in file, or if any, this is the original sim I purchased before the downgrade fee...Sim hadn't worked since renewal around Xmas time, emailed them a couple days ago, data does work now. But now the sim itself is touchy and not recognized in all but my zte tablet, I actually can't even access my account because I don't know the password the eBayer set up.

Sent from my K88 using HoFo mobile app
    I really think many of your FP troubles are because you purchased the SIM from a 3rd party. If you had access to the FP online account, you probably would have seen the "reactivate" box pop up when you logged in. You might want to contact FP on Twitter, FB, or SD, to ask the FP rep to reset the email to one you have access to, and then you can reset the account password.

Regarding the issues with the SIM card not being recognized in some devices, I suppose the actual SIM card could be physically going bad.
    Vzw-$9.99/mo+$0.25/min 1999-2001
    PagePlus-2001-2015
    LycaMobile-v1 2013-2016
    Selectel-2013-2015
    Puppy-2014
    Tracfone-2015-2016
    TruPhone-2015-
    Red Pocket-2016-2017
    Piranha-2016-
    FreedomPop-GSM 2016-
    T-Mo-Data 2017-

Ericsson AF738 Jul01-Dec03
    Qualcomm QCP 2760 Dec03-Feb08
    LG VX-8600 Feb08-Apr10
    Samsung Omnia SCH-i910 Apr10-Nov11
    HTC Droid Inc ADR6300 (CM7.2) Nov11-Jun13
    HTC Droid Inc 2 ADR6350 (CM7.2) Jun13-May15
    LG G2 VS980 (Rooted) May15-Apr17
    LG Phoenix 2 Mar17-

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Also when I launched the FP app it warned me about Doze and it effecting the app, the same trouble I saw in Hangouts. It really does exist.
    I actually have never installed the FreedomPop Messaging Phone/SIM app, so I'm not sure about that.

But did you try Hangouts on your Phoenix 2 running Marshmallow?

On my Phoenix 2 with Marshmallow, Hangouts worked flawlessly, with no settings changes, and all incoming calls rang correctly every time.

When my Phoenix 2 got updated to Nougat, because I was afraid Doze might affect it, I went into Battery>>Battery Optimization>>Ignore Optimizations and selected Hangouts and Hangouts Dialer, and I still haven't missed any incoming Hangouts calls.

In hindsight, it's probably a good thing I did that, because after my Phoenix 2 got updated to Nougat, I noticed that Calendar notifications weren't happening, and also K9 Mail, in which I have 17 email accounts set up, wasn't receiving new email while the screen was off, so I also had to select Calendar and K9 Mail in Battery>>Battery Optimization>>Ignore Optimizations. Since I did that, Calendar notifications and receiving new emails in K9 Mail are both working correctly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I actually have never installed the FreedomPop Messaging Phone/SIM app, so I'm not sure about that.

But did you try Hangouts on your Phoenix 2 running Marshmallow?

On my Phoenix 2 with Marshmallow, Hangouts worked flawlessly, with no settings changes, and all incoming calls rang correctly every time.

When my Phoenix 2 got updated to Nougat, because I was afraid Doze might affect it, I went into Battery>>Battery Optimization>>Ignore Optimizations and selected Hangouts and Hangouts Dialer, and I still haven't missed any incoming Hangouts calls.

In hindsight, it's probably a good thing I did that, because after my Phoenix 2 got updated to Nougat, I noticed that Calendar notifications weren't happening, and also K9 Mail, in which I have 17 email accounts set up, wasn't receiving new email while the screen was off, so I also had to select Calendar and K9 Mail in Battery>>Battery Optimization>>Ignore Optimizations. Since I did that, Calendar notifications and receiving new emails in K9 Mail are both working correctly.
    I played with the Phoenix the other day with an active at&t proper SIM and it did prompt and update in settings, a 1,300 MB one! So I'm guessing that's the nougat update, I stopped it at 1% to get on WiFi and low and behold it won't let you try again for 24 hrs! As far as Doze in fp app I really don't care because I don't rely on it. I was just trying to access my account.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I played with the Phoenix the other day with an active at&t proper SIM and it did prompt and update in settings, a 1,300 MB one! So I'm guessing that's the nougat update, I stopped it at 1% to get on WiFi and low and behold it won't let you try again for 24 hrs! As far as Doze in fp app I really don't care because I don't rely on it. I was just trying to access my account.
    To get all the updates on your Phoenix 2 in one day, one after the other, you'll need to manually set the date ahead by 1 day after each update completes. There should be 5 updates total to get to the 11/6/17 Android Security Patch Level.

Feedback Score
    It had only been about a week or so that used it before it went dead, honestly don't know who's payment info they have in file, or if any, this is the original sim I purchased before the downgrade fee...Sim hadn't worked since renewal around Xmas time, emailed them a couple days ago, data does work now. But now the sim itself is touchy and not recognized in all but my zte tablet, I actually can't even access my account because I don't know the password the eBayer set up.
    Clearly this was an issue caused by the seller not by FreedomPop. The account probably would have started working without intervention if you just updated the payment information. It might have even just been that you needed to log into your account to "re-activate" if you couldn't check the account.

Device(s)
    Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (Unlocked)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Inpulse ($40 Unlimited Talk/Text, 4 GB Data, plus Carryover Data
    Feedback Score
    no...its not free...i never use it (its for backup purposes only)
    but keep getting charge a penny every so often...
    so i send a message and tell them to send my penny back

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hurricane36613 View Post
    They don't gain anything from penny charges due to CC fees. They would lose money when the charges aren't refunded. The penny charges are for verification and are normally more frequent for those with idle accounts. The $0.01 charge is actually in the ToS.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hurricane36613 View Post
    Really? FP is still doing the $0.01 charge for your SIM? I have 12 FP SIM cards, and it's been around 3 months since they last charged $0.01 on any of them, and the combined $0.01 charges cost me a total of $0.06. But I don't mind, since I've used FP as my primary service provider, for the LTE data only, coupled with GV+Hangouts, since March, 2017.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aenews View Post
    They don't gain anything from penny charges due to CC fees. They would lose money when the charges aren't refunded. The penny charges are for verification and are normally more frequent for those with idle accounts. The $0.01 charge is actually in the ToS.
    I realize that the $0.01 is in the TOS, but in practice, are you still seeing it charged currently on any of the FP accounts you look at?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I realize that the $0.01 is in the TOS, but in practice, are you still seeing it charged currently on any of the FP accounts you look at?
    I do see $0.01 charges in the billing history of some accounts, but that's fairly seldom given I look at a very large number of accounts. Not sure if they've adjusted or eliminated the algorithm in the past month.

Feedback Score
    I just signed up for Freedom Pop. I went into my account and downgraded my plan and my services. I then remembered I should disable auto top-up. Went and did that and see I am being charged $15.00. I thought it was suppose to only be $5.00? What did I do wrong? I'm only going to be using the data and only when I am away from wi-fi. I won't ever exceed the allotted amount.

Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I believe the $15 is broken down as follows if my memory is clear! Fpop now has a $10 fee for downgrading to the free plan. Also $5 mandatory fee for disabling top up.

Feedback Score
    OK. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by haymeadowfield View Post
    I just signed up for Freedom Pop. I went into my account and downgraded my plan and my services. I then remembered I should disable auto top-up. Went and did that and see I am being charged $15.00. I thought it was suppose to only be $5.00? What did I do wrong? I'm only going to be using the data and only when I am away from wi-fi. I won't ever exceed the allotted amount.
    Try following this guide to disable Automatic Top-Up. You shouldn't be charged more than $5.00, and if you already have an account balance (>$2.00) then you shouldn't be charged at all.

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aenews View Post
    Try following this guide to disable Automatic Top-Up. You shouldn't be charged more than $5.00, and if you already have an account balance (>$2.00) then you shouldn't be charged at all.
    I have a Sprint BYOP account which has automatic top-up disabled from when it was free to disable automatic top-ups. If I purchase or activate a SIM using the email address from that account, will the SIM be added as an additional device to that account and will it "inherit" and have automatic top-up disabled?

In other words, does the automatic top-up status get applied to all devices in an account? Or will I lose the "free" disabled automatic top-up status for my Sprint BYOP account when I add another device to the account?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast