Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Neville Ray's T-Mobile Network #YearInReview

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Neville Ray's T-Mobile Network #YearInReview

Good Ending to 2017 for T-Mobile but the best is yet to come.

Neville Ray's Network #YearInReview

Feedback Score
    I'm looking forward to the gap between TMO and ATT being pretty small.
    Strong Unions: Weak Workers.
    Weak Unions: Strong Workers.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    That gap should get smaller and smaller. If tmobile builds out 600 in a serious manner(I think they mean business) things should be just fine.

As long as they don't skimp and neglect some needed tlc
    Last edited by themanhimself; 12-26-2017 at 01:48 PM.

Feedback Score
    Yeah. backfilling some of those big Band 12 holes that exist but don't show on the map would be great too.

I would rather they change the coverage to match the over-generous maps. rather than make the maps more realistic about coverage holes

Name:  tmotower.png
Views: 460
Size:  6.1 KB

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Remember when people were saying it would be three years before you saw T-Mobile 600 Mhz? Looks like T-Mobile is doing a lot of 600 Mhz work.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...4000000005&z=4

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    They do seem to be moving faster than I originally expected

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    They do seem to be moving faster than I originally expected

T-Mobile is amazing they are going so fast rolling out Band 71. There are a lot of small TV stations that T-Mobile is moving off the spectrum in January and February 2018 coming up. Sure glad I didn't buy a new phone that doesn't have Band 71.

On 11/19/2017 T-Mobile had 440 Band 71 sites,

On 12/26/2017 T-Mobile has 4,654 Band 71 sites.

Map with tabs by date to see the roll out.

Master thread from lart2150 on Reddit

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Are those actual sites or just data points? I'd imagine the site count is much less because those dots aren't laid out way sites are typically are.

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JimMcGraff View Post
    Are those actual sites or just data points? I'd imagine the site count is much less because those dots aren't laid out way sites are typically are.
    The guy to ask is Lart2150 on this thread from Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/com..._map_12262017/

Lart2150 explained it to everyone in his 11/20/2017 version of this map but it was over my head. I don't understand it but it had something to do with the data T-Mobile provides their MVNO's partners. I haven't seen anyone challenge the accuracy of his maps but I am sure they aren't 100% correct.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Remember when people were saying it would be three years before you saw T-Mobile 600 Mhz? Looks like T-Mobile is doing a lot of 600 Mhz work.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...4000000005&z=4
    It will still be a while before there are enough phones across a range of price points to use the 600 MHz.

T-Mo says they are going to do things and then they do them. On the other hand, Sprint announces grand plans and then deploys them at a glacial pace because they don't have the capital to do much. It will be interesting to see what happens with the announced capital infusion for Sprint.

As of now, Sprint works ok around here and T-Mo is dreadful.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    It will still be a while before there are enough phones across a range of price points to use the 600 MHz.

T-Mo says they are going to do things and then they do them. On the other hand, Sprint announces grand plans and then deploys them at a glacial pace because they don't have the capital to do much.
    The hills and valleys across this great nation of ours are studded with ghost Sprint cellular towers, erected by the thousands upin thousands on the basis of pie-in-the-sky PR reports and boastful claims for the future. Entirely invisible, only existing in wishes.. and also existing in ad campaigns where Sprint is 99% as good as Verizon..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    The hills and valleys across this great nation of ours are studded with ghost Sprint cellular towers, erected by the thousands upin thousands on the basis of pie-in-the-sky PR reports and boastful claims for the future. Entirely invisible, only existing in wishes.. and also existing in ad campaigns where Sprint is 99% as good as Verizon..
    That was a stupid ad by Sprint, and I'm sure meant to be misinterpreted. What they really said was that Sprint is 99% as RELIABLE as Verizon. They did not mention other factors.

Actually, 1% less reliable is significantly less reliable. Networks aim for five-nines reliability. Sprint is only claiming two-nines.

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post

T-Mo says they are going to do things and then they do them. On the other hand, Sprint announces grand plans and then deploys them at a glacial pace because they don't have the capital to do much. It will be interesting to see what happens with the announced capital infusion for Sprint.

As of now, Sprint works ok around here and T-Mo is dreadful.

Qualcomm has developed RF Front-End also lets phones with 700MHz antennas connect to 600 MHz signals that are sampling now to phone MFG and will be out in early 2018. Qualcomm's new chips are known as the "RF front end," and they're amplifiers and tuners designed to connect a physical antenna to a phone's modem. But the key is that they let devices with 700MHz antennas, which are common, connect to the 600MHz network. Qualcomm is announcing components that work with processors all the way from the bottom-of-the-line, feature-phone Snapdragon 205 to the premium Snapdragon 835.

Qualcomm is making parts that’ll work with its Snapdragon 200, 400, 600, and 800 families of processors. That means that while only the flagship LG V30 & Samsung "S8 Active" supports T-Mobile’s 600MHz band 71 coverage right now, these Qualcomm parts will help to expand 600MHz support to more affordable devices, which should get more people onto that Band 71 coverage. Qualcomm chipset is to get 600MHz support into low-cost handsets from Alcatel, ZTE, and the like.

Qualcomm Boosts Chips for T-Mobile's 600MHz Rural Network

Feedback Score
    Qualcomm has developed RF Front-End also lets phones with 700MHz antennas connect to 600 MHz signals that are sampling now to phone MFG and will be out in early 2018. Qualcomm's new chips are known as the "RF front end," and they're amplifiers and tuners designed to connect a physical antenna to a phone's modem. But the key is that they let devices with 700MHz antennas, which are common, connect to the 600MHz network....
    An antenna tuner is a start to correct the high SWR with a mismatched antenna. The mismatch will reduce signal sent and received even with the tuner. The amplifier section may improve that as long as the SNR doesn't go too low for a reliable connection.

I'm in no big hurry for T-Mo 600 MHz. I can wait until the phones are dirt cheap on Black Friday.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, GS8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Qualcomm has developed RF Front-End also lets phones with 700MHz antennas connect to 600 MHz signals that are sampling now to phone MFG and will be out in early 2018. Qualcomm's new chips are known as the "RF front end," and they're amplifiers and tuners designed to connect a physical antenna to a phone's modem. But the key is that they let devices with 700MHz antennas, which are common, connect to the 600MHz network. Qualcomm is announcing components that work with processors all the way from the bottom-of-the-line, feature-phone Snapdragon 205 to the premium Snapdragon 835.

Qualcomm is making parts that’ll work with its Snapdragon 200, 400, 600, and 800 families of processors. That means that while only the flagship LG V30 & Samsung "S8 Active" supports T-Mobile’s 600MHz band 71 coverage right now, these Qualcomm parts will help to expand 600MHz support to more affordable devices, which should get more people onto that Band 71 coverage. Qualcomm chipset is to get 600MHz support into low-cost handsets from Alcatel, ZTE, and the like.

Qualcomm Boosts Chips for T-Mobile's 600MHz Rural Network
    Do you think T-Mobile will implement mandatory B71 for handsets they sell directly? I know they did that for B12 and it worked out to their advantage.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast