Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: AT&T 1GB Passport Plan for $60 Question

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CallmeJake View Post
    The day pass is purchased per day and billed per day. The passport plan is for 30 days from the start date which maybe in one billing cycle and end in the next billing cycle with only one charge + tax for the passport without a per day tax. I have purchased both the day pass and passport depending on my trip duration.
    Yes.

Sent from my SM-G892A using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

AT&T 1GB Passport Plan for $60 Question

Well I’m going to Ireland in July so maybe we can at least see how I’m billed versus the passport plans I used in July ‘16 (Ireland) November ‘16 (Paris) and December/Jan ‘16/‘17 (Argentina). Long time to wait though haha. Shizam, my account is actually based in DE (shh ) but otherwise your points are spot on for what I experienced tax wise.
    Verizon Wireless: 2001-2004 & 2011-2013
    Cingular/AT&T: 2004-2006 & 2008-2009 & 2013-Present
    Sprint: 2006-2007 & 2009-2011

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Airb330 View Post
    Well I’m going to Ireland in July so maybe we can at least see how I’m billed versus the passport plans I used in July ‘16 (Ireland) November ‘16 (Paris) and December/Jan ‘16/‘17 (Argentina). Long time to wait though haha. Shizam, my account is actually based in DE (shh ) but otherwise your points are spot on for what I experienced tax wise.
    LoL! For half the tax rate, I would use DE too! In fact, you may see my bill sent there soon. I'm gonna be using your Delaware address too!

Sent from my SM-G892A using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Unless I just go the path of least resistance, this helps confirm my plan next year on my overseas vacation to just get a local SIM for my second phone.

My ATT phone supports Wi-Fi, so I can still use my normal number to call back if necessary, and use the other phone for data and local calls.
    Overly complicated cell phone service. Unlimited with iPhone X. Low cost plan on other national network with iPhone 7+. And a real cheap pay per use plan for "home number" with Moto E4. Combination of best chance for coverage when traveling, and a home replacement number to give out when I don't want to give out my primary cell phone.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    The taxes are based on the value of each plan, no matter how many days you purchased. Going back to the restaurant analogy, if you buy ten Big Macs on one day, you pay the same taxes as if you bought one Big Mac for ten separate days. Consider that the brackets over collect taxes on small purchases to make up for the minimum amount for which taxes are collected. If every purchase were subject to taxes, some small purchases would be subject to the 100% rate since the smallest amount of taxes collectible is $0.01.
    Last edited by efparri; 12-31-2017 at 03:29 PM.
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    Passport $60 + tax for 30 days of service.

Daily pass $10 + tax for 1 day of service.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    So, that proves nothing. The taxes are applied to whatever the totals are. if you purchased six one-day passes at $10 each, you would pay $21 in taxes at the 35% rate. If you purchased one thirty-day pass at $60, you would pay $21 in taxes too. The discount is in the cost of the passes and not in the taxes. One would be foolish to purchase seven one-day passes for $70 when one can purchase a thirty-day pass for $60.

Feedback Score
    Earl,

I never said or implied otherwise. In fact I was clear the tax was based on the plan chosen. Choosing the day pass for an extended trip of more than 6 days will incur more taxes.

Feedback Score
    If there is a non-percentage based tax per plan, such as the universal access fee, then that would add up and cause a higher effective tax rate over a multi-day plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gregoryd View Post
    If there is a non-percentage based tax per plan, such as the universal access fee, then that would add up and cause a higher effective tax rate over a multi-day plan.
    Correct. Some states charge a different % or fee based on the type of service.

The “universal” sale tax by state posted in this thread is not accurate since some states allow the local municipalities to charge up to a certain %. There are high and low tax rates sections in most states. The chart is the state max sales tax rate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2