Thread: Anyone Switch From Xfinity and Continue Making Payments Instead of Paying Off Phone?

Feedback Score

Anyone Switch From Xfinity and Continue Making Payments Instead of Paying Off Phone?

I imagine there's very few people on here that have tried this since Xfinity Mobile is a new service (so new there's not even a sub-forum for it on here) but I'm temporarily relocating for 6 months and my new location already has TV and Internet service so I don't need Xfinity services anymore. Xfinity is using Verizon's network. I have a new Phone on Xfinity Mobile though and its on a payment plan. My understanding is if I cancel my cable and Internet I will be charged an extra $10 a month to keep my mobile phone account. I want to switch the phone to a cheaper shared family plan on another carrier. My understanding is that technically, if you switch carriers you are then responsible for paying the balance of the phone, which for me is about $900 - OUCH (yes I have an iPhone X)

I know technically the carrier can blacklist the ESN for non-payment. Here's is the question that I doubt even Xfinity Support here can answer as this is really a Billing question. If I switch carriers before canceling Xfinity service, and continue to make payments instead of paying the balance (and probably having to eat some sort of late fee) will they blacklist the phone for not paying the balance or will they consider my payments to be in good faith and not blacklist the phone's ESN?

Answer this if you know the answer from experience, not if you are just venturing a guess.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Have you read the information on this page?

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/suppo...cel-my-service

After you've cancelled service

If you still owe a balance on your Device Payment Plan and you've cancelled service, you can either pay it off all at once or make the remaining monthly payments until the phone is all yours.

Feedback Score
    I think you can pay a monthly $10 non-internet surcharge and keep xm if you want

Sent from my LG-M322 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Can you AOL one of these accounts? I was interested in the service and even paying the extra 10 dollars would be worth it however i don't have the capability to get Xfinity tv or internet cause i live in the sticks - any thoughts ?

Feedback Score
    unless you want to keep the phone, you can return the phone
    if you are past 30 days, you are still call and speak with a manager, they mght take it back with the restocking fee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ahg View Post
    unless you want to keep the phone, you can return the phone
    if you are past 30 days, you are still call and speak with a manager, they mght take it back with the restocking fee
    They won’t take the phone back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I would be interested in transferring billing to myself if its possible