Thread: Transfer number for new phone - use existing account on new SIM

Feedback Score

Transfer number for new phone - use existing account on new SIM

Hello all,

Frequent lurker and first time poster. Would appreciate information from anyone who has transferred a number to Cricket to get the discounted price on a new phone. I am upgrading from a phone that uses MicroSIM to a new phone that is NanoSIM and most likely will come with a new NanoSIM card with the 30 dollar plan that I plan on ditching. My question is whether or not I can go online and change the existing line to use the new NanoSIM without getting the system confused with the new 30 dollar plan. The old phone is part of a 5/100 plan and I don't want to mess up anything with the grandfathered rate. Thoughts? TIA

Feedback Score
    You have to buy a brand new SIM kit from Best Buy or Target to transfer your grandfathered line to a new nano SIM. The SIM comes with your new phone can not be used. So here are the steps you will take.
    1. Receive your new phone with a SIM and activate it online.
    2. Buy a new cricket SIM from the store. Just enter old phone IMEI and new nano SIM ICCID in this link. Choose I'm an existing Cricket customer, login, choose Get new SIM card, then activate. https://www.cricketwireless.com/join
    3. Put your newly activated nano SIM into the new phone. Enjoy.
    Last edited by zubrin; 12-31-2017 at 02:38 PM.

Feedback Score
    Thanks Zubrin! Great info!

Feedback Score
    However I am confused on one thing tho. On cricket site they have a link for activate and to put in new sim and phone info so at that point will they ask for the existing account info to transfer things to??

Feedback Score
    Yes. There will be two choices, either new customer or existing customer. If you click existing customer, you will be brought to account login page.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zubrin View Post
    Yes. There will be two choices, either new customer or existing customer. If you click existing customer, you will be brought to account login page.
    Ok great that makes sense now

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sorrento121 View Post
    Hello all,

Frequent lurker and first time poster. Would appreciate information from anyone who has transferred a number to Cricket to get the discounted price on a new phone. I am upgrading from a phone that uses MicroSIM to a new phone that is NanoSIM and most likely will come with a new NanoSIM card with the 30 dollar plan that I plan on ditching. My question is whether or not I can go online and change the existing line to use the new NanoSIM without getting the system confused with the new 30 dollar plan. The old phone is part of a 5/100 plan and I don't want to mess up anything with the grandfathered rate. Thoughts? TIA
    I had exact same situation, I ordered the discounted phone by transferring to a new account (I did not want to change my 5/100 plan). I received the phone. Subsequently, my daughter also wanted to do the same. This time, my order did not go through. I tried 4 times using different credit cards (thought may be the issue might be with my cards), still would not go through. The emails I get saying they were unable to match my account information. I never successfully could order online. I suspect they put my name in the black list. I have ordered phones online in the past without any issues for all my 5 lines before. Why this time they would block it?

Anyone has experienced like this one? Does this sound like a temporary block or permanent? Is there anything can I do to clear my account? I called customer service but they could not help me.

Feedback Score
    It was a temporary block and should be cleared in 3 months. I had the same situation. Ordered 5 phones in June. Would not be able to order more until September, and I just ordered 2 more new phones in December.

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-tmb rugby 3
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zubrin View Post
    You have to buy a brand new SIM kit from Best Buy or Target to transfer your grandfathered line to a new nano SIM. The SIM comes with your new phone can not be used. So here are the steps you will take.
    1. Receive your new phone with a SIM and activate it online.
    2. Buy a new cricket SIM from the store. Just enter old phone IMEI and new nano SIM ICCID in this link. Choose I'm an existing Cricket customer, login, choose Get new SIM card, then activate. https://www.cricketwireless.com/join
    3. Put your newly activated nano SIM into the new phone. Enjoy.
    Thanks for reposting that url.