Thread: National park coverage article

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-tmb rugby 3
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    I have a hard time reading articles so riddled with typos. Journalism is dead.
    I'm torn on this subject. I see the idea of escape, but with satellite phones it's hard to argue that we shouldn't just go ahead and put up a few towers. Normal people can afford Iridium and the like these days if they had a need. I don't really care either way enough to be an advocate.

Feedback Score
    As a hiker/backpacker/kayaker/mt biker here in N. California, the majority of us adventure seekers are sick of the noise from people talking mindless sh*t on the trail and campgrounds. It's gotten bad and can ruin a nice day of solitude. Actually wish they would take down the cell towers. One example: we are at 8.500' tent camping, a 100 yards away is a tall rock outcropping and the first night someone is talking/laughing LOUDLY saying "what, what"? The next night there were around 6 people up there talking away on their phones..farking pseudo, once a year hikers/campers fresh from REI. Noise, mindless chatter, loud talking on the trail is very annoying and these people just don't get it. It's the FB/Instagram crowd that can't wait to post their smartphone pics. I've hiked about 3 times with the Sierra Club and they are as bad as any hiking group for noise..imagine a group of 35 people (sorry, mostly women) all chattering about their yoga classes, favorite kid stroller, etc. Then after the hike, they get into their little Beemers with the bumper stickers like Apple, Coexist, Bernie, and of course a Sierra Club sticker. Damn people, just go hike around the mall. So for the past few years, it's just been me, my Border Collie, gf (who is part Native American and gets the quiet) and maybe 1 or 2 other seasoned hikers/backpackers who know what it's all about. Rant over.

Feedback Score
    Texas and SE Oklahoma hiker, camper, bass fisher here.
    It would be extremely rare if ever to see another fellow camper/ hiker. Wife and I love the secludedness. Cell towers are out of range, we only have I phones for pictures, time, possibly navigation if ever needed.

Sent from my Galaxy S8 using Howard's mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by #8awg View Post
    Texas and SE Oklahoma hiker, camper, bass fisher here.
    It would be extremely rare if ever to see another fellow camper/ hiker. Wife and I love the secludedness. Cell towers are out of range, we only have I phones for pictures, time, possibly navigation if ever needed.

Sent from my Galaxy S8 using Howard's mobile app
    Ok, now that's my kind of rural! Native of California and been in this effed up State all my life (late 50's guy) and sadly, we continue to decline. Crime is up, cost of living is going higher, taxes and more taxes, and all led by way too many nut job politicians.

Suggestions on a decent town with some nearby ( 30-60 minutes away) hiking trails, lakes/rivers for kayaking? Heck, I could live in my Class C rv there for 3-4 months to see if I like it. Thanks and enjoy the quiet.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Interesting...although National Parks can be as crowded as any urban area these days. If I was looking for quiet, no people, etc., I’d probably not go to a National Park.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimxx200 View Post
    Ok, now that's my kind of rural! Native of California and been in this effed up State all my life (late 50's guy) and sadly, we continue to decline. Crime is up, cost of living is going higher, taxes and more taxes, and all led by way too many nut job politicians.

Suggestions on a decent town with some nearby ( 30-60 minutes away) hiking trails, lakes/rivers for kayaking? Heck, I could live in my Class C rv there for 3-4 months to see if I like it. Thanks and enjoy the quiet.
    Medford OR

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Amp Prime (current), Moto E 2015, Moto X 2013, Galaxy Nexus, Droid X2, Moto Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless (2016 - current), Verizon Wireless (2010 - 2015)
    Feedback Score
    As a hiker/backpacker/kayaker/mt biker here in N. California, the majority of us adventure seekers are sick of the noise from people talking mindless sh*t on the trail and campgrounds. It's gotten bad and can ruin a nice day of solitude. Actually wish they would take down the cell towers. One example: we are at 8.500' tent camping, a 100 yards away is a tall rock outcropping and the first night someone is talking/laughing LOUDLY saying "what, what"? The next night there were around 6 people up there talking away on their phones..farking pseudo, once a year hikers/campers fresh from REI. Noise, mindless chatter, loud talking on the trail is very annoying and these people just don't get it. It's the FB/Instagram crowd that can't wait to post their smartphone pics. I've hiked about 3 times with the Sierra Club and they are as bad as any hiking group for noise..imagine a group of 35 people (sorry, mostly women) all chattering about their yoga classes, favorite kid stroller, etc. Then after the hike, they get into their little Beemers with the bumper stickers like Apple, Coexist, Bernie, and of course a Sierra Club sticker. Damn people, just go hike around the mall. So for the past few years, it's just been me, my Border Collie, gf (who is part Native American and gets the quiet) and maybe 1 or 2 other seasoned hikers/backpackers who know what it's all about. Rant over.
    lol calm down dude 😂

Device(s)
    A phone
    Carrier(s)
    Any
    Feedback Score
    Well, you won't have to worry about it, as since you mention your dog, it is common knowledge that dogs are not allowed on the trails in national parks.

I too hate it when a person on a cell phone over powers the noise of the $1m RV running its generator.