Thread: iphone unlocking

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

iphone unlocking

i just changed my plan to the unlimited $60 about 1-2 hours ago...how long do i have to wait before i can ask for the unlock? how long will it take to get the phone unlock?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Right now u can unlock it. Just call customer service

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    i used the online chat to get my phone unlock....the rep said he sent out the request from apple and itll take 3-5 days, does this sound right?

he also gave me a case/ticket number to have other reps check on it

Feedback Score
    Yes. The rep always says it will take 3 to 5 days. In reality, it only takes 24 hours to receive unlock notification.
    Tip for unlocking: keep the SIM in your new iPhone and do not take it out until you get unlock notification on your phone. Watching YouTube videos for 20 minutes and use a few hundred MB data to show some activities on your phone.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zubrin View Post
    Yes. The rep always says it will take 3 to 5 days. In reality, it only takes 24 hours to receive unlock notification.
    Tip for unlocking: keep the SIM in your new iPhone and do not take it out until you get unlock notification on your phone. Watching YouTube videos for 20 minutes and use a few hundred MB data to show some activities on your phone.

yea SIM is staying in the phone...so u say 24 hours, will i get a text or email saying my phone is unlock?

Feedback Score
    You will get a text notification.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You will get a text notification.
    cool thanks!

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    UPDATE: i got the text from cricket saying the phone is unlock...so i used a friends working boost SIM card it showed up as boost for a sec then said no serivce but the setting network said sprint ad had her number..so i think the SIM is lock to the phone? so i pop in my metro pcs SIM and it work just fine tho theres no service on the SIM ...so yea unlock work just fine, happy i made the dead line!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    UPDATE: i got the text from cricket saying the phone is unlock...so i used a friends working boost SIM card it showed up as boost for a sec then said no serivce but the setting network said sprint ad had her number..so i think the SIM is lock to the phone? so i pop in my metro pcs SIM and it work just fine tho theres no service on the SIM ...so yea unlock work just fine, happy i made the dead line!
    Yeah cricket is giving me push back too. After explaining my phone was bought Before January 4th and just changed to unlimited they wouldn’t unlock it. However all sudden their policy changed and they’re sticking to their policy which is not what was said before when I bought my device from them

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Yeah cricket is giving me push back too. After explaining my phone was bought Before January 4th and just changed to unlimited they wouldn’t unlock it. However all sudden their policy changed and they’re sticking to their policy which is not what was said before when I bought my device from them
    cricket didnt give me no BS, they unlock it...

doesnt matter when u bought ur phone (mine was bought DEC 15th) just as long as u changed ur plan and request the unlock BEFORE the 4th then ull be fine, i did all this on the DEC 31 - JAN 1.....what day did u do all this?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    cricket didnt give me no BS, they unlock it...

doesnt matter when u bought ur phone (mine was bought DEC 15th) just as long as u changed ur plan and request the unlock BEFORE the 4th then ull be fine, i did all this on the DEC 31 - JAN 1.....what day did u do all this?
    Oh darn as long as you CHANGED your plan I didn’t do it until yesterday because their print said before Jan my bad I misunderstood ughhhh

Feedback Score
    Oh darn as long as you CHANGED your plan I didn’t do it until yesterday because their print said before Jan my bad I misunderstood ughhhh
    Staying with Cricket for another 6 months is not bad at all. Just make sure you don't take out SIM for 6 months or the clock will be reset.

Feedback Score
    Staying with Cricket for another 6 months is not bad at all. Just make sure you don't take out SIM for 6 months or the clock will be reset.
    That’s perhaps true I didn’t realize the plan had to be on unlimited before January 4th I misunderstood I thought they meant devices bought before then could be eligible.

If anything I’ll just put it on the 30 plan and wait 6 months I don’t have plans on going anywhere. Plus the phone works on AT&T for now so that helps

Feedback Score
    Also the other reason I was waiting to activate the unlimited plan was to see if AT&T would unlock it first but their response time was very delayed so that wasn’t fully my fault

Feedback Score
    The wording was a little ambiguous for the UL plan activation date. The phone purchase date had to be before 01/04/2018 Buy not so clear the UL plan had to be active before the change date.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast