Thread: iphone unlocking

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zubrin View Post
    Staying with Cricket for another 6 months is not bad at all. Just make sure you don't take out SIM for 6 months or the clock will be reset.

depends on ur location...ATT sucks around my area and their VoLTE is junk!...

dont take the SIM out at all for any reason AND you cant miss a payment, if u do ull have to start all back over

Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Also the other reason I was waiting to activate the unlimited plan was to see if AT&T would unlock it first but their response time was very delayed so that wasn’t fully my fault
    pretty sure ATT will only unlock ATT branded cell phone (prepaid and postpaid)

Quote Originally Posted by CallmeJake View Post
    The wording was a little ambiguous for the UL plan activation date. The phone purchase date had to be before 01/04/2018 Buy not so clear the UL plan had to be active before the change date.

the print said that starting on the 4th cricket will no longer unlock phones that are on unlimited plans/hasnt had 6 months of active service, it will now only unlock phones after 6 months of service...the wording was there its just that u didnt understand it just like the OP....u gotta read the fine print over and over till u understand and if u dont understand then just ask questions

Device(s)
    Lumia 830
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zubrin View Post
    Staying with Cricket for another 6 months is not bad at all. Just make sure you don't take out SIM for 6 months or the clock will be reset.
    I have a Cricket iPhone SE. I switch between phones often. After 6 months they unlocked it without issue so I’m not sure taking the sim out affects anything.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tgeekb View Post
    I have a Cricket iPhone SE. I switch between phones often. After 6 months they unlocked it without issue so I’m not sure taking the sim out affects anything.
    not 100% sure but i wouldnt risk it if u really want ur phone unlock...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    the print said that starting on the 4th cricket will no longer unlock phones that are on unlimited plans/hasnt had 6 months of active service, it will now only unlock phones after 6 months of service...the wording was there its just that u didnt understand it just like the OP....u gotta read the fine print over and over till u understand and if u dont understand then just ask questions
    The print did state the plan had to be active by Jan 4th just the phone had to be purchased by Jan 4th.

There is no need for you to insult. I pointed out the wording was not clear when Cricket announced the change and people assumed the phone had to be purchased by Jan 4th.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The print did state the plan had to be active by Jan 4th just the phone had to be purchased by Jan 4th.

There is no need for you to insult. I pointed out the wording was not clear when Cricket announced the change and people assumed the phone had to be purchased by Jan 4th.

i didnt?....but the print did say what i said before in the post

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    i didnt?....but the print did say what i said before in the post
    The original press release posted in this forum did not mention a specific UL plan activation by date which is why people thought the phone only had to be purchased by Jan 4th.

Feedback Score
    The original press release posted in this forum did not mention a specific UL plan activation by date which is why people thought the phone only had to be purchased by Jan 4th.
    This is what I read about as well and of course since I just activated the plan/device they won’t let me.

I went through AT&T site at first hoping to get it unlocked that way but it’s all good either I’ll wait out the 6 months or try again sometime soon through their site. Idk if I put the screws to myself or just misunderstood something

Feedback Score
    Ok so some shocking thing happened is after I put my request in to get it unlocked again (not on unlimited plan) I got a email today saying they unlocked my device so my 6 is unlocked now and didn’t have to go through cricket (even after arguing with them a few times) but I’m in luck now and SIM cards from other carriers work fine in it. So all good now!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2