Thread: Truly Uncapped on Verizon?

Feedback Score

Truly Uncapped on Verizon?

I've read that Tracfone MVNOs have uncapped Verizon service here but I've read other places that they just increased the cap. I'm deciding between Verizon Prepaid and ST. I had ST a few years ago with a Verizon phone and service was great but it was slower than Sprint. I just want to make sure I'm not missing out if I sign up again instead of Verizon Prepaid.

Feedback Score
    stay with verizon prepaid because straight talk doesn't have roaming or hotspot use.

Feedback Score
    I'm on Tracfone's Page Plus (Verizon) and got 73 Mbps down on my latest speedtest yesterday. If that's considered capped, I have no problem with it!

Feedback Score
    And this is Total Wireless today:
    Name:  Screenshot_20180102-162324.png
Views: 593
Size:  492.8 KB

I have hotspot on my unlocked Moto G4Plus, but no VoLTE or roaming (that you have on prepaid). I don't need roaming and paying $95 for 25GB/4 phones is good enough to me...

Feedback Score
    Thanks everyone. I think I'll go with Verizon Prepaid. I hook up to wifi most of the day so I only use around 5gb of data a month and they offer 7gb for $50 with the ability to carry over unused data. It's a little more expensive but if i run into any issues i'll just flip to Page Plus or Straight Talk.

The only thing that scares me about Total Wireless is that they cut off your data if you run out instead of massively throttling you, so their 5gb plan is cutting it a little close.

Feedback Score
    you can buy a 5GB data add-on for $10 that never expires with active service. If you run out of your 5GB allowance in your plan, it starts using the add-on data.

Quote Originally Posted by retag View Post
    Thanks everyone. I think I'll go with Verizon Prepaid. I hook up to wifi most of the day so I only use around 5gb of data a month and they offer 7gb for $50 with the ability to carry over unused data. It's a little more expensive but if i run into any issues i'll just flip to Page Plus or Straight Talk.

The only thing that scares me about Total Wireless is that they cut off your data if you run out instead of massively throttling you, so their 5gb plan is cutting it a little close.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    stay with verizon prepaid because straight talk doesn't have roaming or hotspot use.
    I'm on ST verizon and I use my phone as a hotspot quite often with no problem, using it right now. Haven't roamed yet so I can't wiegh in on that.

Sent from my Chromebook 14 (CB3-431) using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gbsa850 View Post
    I'm on ST verizon and I use my phone as a hotspot quite often with no problem, using it right now. Haven't roamed yet so I can't wiegh in on that. Sent from my Chromebook 14 (CB3-431) using Tapatalk
    what phone do you have that hotspot works ?? your verizon phone will not roam, however if you go outside your calling area your phone will say Extended LTE which you will not be able to make or receive calls without using a credit / debit card.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    what phone do you have that hotspot works ?? your verizon phone will not roam, however if you go outside your calling area your phone will say Extended LTE which you will not be able to make or receive calls without using a credit / debit card.
    I'm using lg stylo 3, it's the straight talk one. Maybe that's why I can make a hotspot because I'm using a straight talk phone.

Sent from my Chromebook 14 (CB3-431) using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    There are hotspot plans (for dedicated hotspot). Confusing enough that I can't tell if it is supposed to be blocked or not on phone plans. ST has changed their policies through the years. At one time, streaming audio wasn't an authorized usage, but now it is. Video can be reduced in quality depending on the network, so obviously it is allowed now.

And, depending on the phone firmware, even if allowed it can be blocked if the firmware tries to "dial home" to, say, Verizon and since you aren't a direct Verizon customer it may be blocked.
    iPhone X on ATT Prepaid. Backup iPhone 7+ on inexpensive Verizon MVNO plan. Hopefully covers me in the continental US for phone usage. Cheaper than a single unlimited plan on ATT or Verizon or T-Mobile.