Thread: Looking for some insight

Feedback Score

Looking for some insight

Need a new phone, and I have 2 options. Should I get an new S6 or go with a factory refurbished S7(customer return after 3 days)? On Verizon network, and looking at a few options on eBay. Is that recommended?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxx View Post
    Need a new phone, and I have 2 options. Should I get an new S6 or go with a factory refurbished S7(customer return after 3 days)? On Verizon network, and looking at a few options on eBay. Is that recommended?
    Depends on how you feel about even slightly used phones. Personally I don't have a problem with them.

I have bought my ex-flagship phones from eBay sellers - a S3 and a S4. They were $130 in nearly new condition. I don't care about scratches on anything except for the screen. A case covers all of that.

The S4 was not a totally clean transaction. The first one was listed as "New Other". That means like a showroom model. The seller sent one that had been bashed with the volume rocker bent into an arc. They took it back as "not as listed" with a full refund and they paid return shipping. I bought another one from a different seller and it has been fine.

For eBay, I select from sellers with 99.5%+ satisfaction rating that allow returns and select US Locations Only. For something in that price range I don't want to deal with any problems with sellers outside the US.

Good luck

Feedback Score
    OK, I pulled the trigger on a s7 Edge. To me, it's a brand new phone, not a blemsh on it. Anyway, is it normal for androids to update almost everyday? It has updated everyday but one so far. Less than a week old.

Feedback Score
    OK, I pulled the trigger on a s7 Edge. To me, it's a brand new phone, not a blemsh on it. Anyway, is it normal for androids to update almost everyday? It has updated everyday but one so far. Less than a week old.
    It is normal for Android phones to have app updates frequently - almost daily at times.

I set my Play Store app to not automatically update apps and just update the apps that I actually use monthly. At least you probably want to set the Play Store app to update over Wifi only.

There are system apps that you want to update even if you don't know you are using them. Androd System Webview and the Play Store app itself are ones that I know of.

Feedback Score
    s7 edge is nice,
    for the update, system update is not everyday. But if you talking about apps update it depends on your installed apps. You can turn off apps autoupdate on your google play if you want.
    Last edited by avaking; 01-10-2018 at 03:15 AM.

Feedback Score
    and again today I got "system update ready to install" I mean it quick >15min, but everyday? So weird.