Thread: Pixel 2 Advanced Messaging

Device(s)
    Pixel 2 XL
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

Pixel 2 Advanced Messaging

Does anyone have a pixel 2 or any other android phone that supports advanced messaging? Virgin's website says they support it (exact same screenshot used on Bell's own site) as long as you have
    In order to get Advanced Messaging, you will need:

A post-paid Virgin Mobile rate plan with data and text messaging enabled.
    A Virgin LTE SIM card.
    VoLTE settings toggle on device must be turned on (Note: on by default)
    You'll also need to be in the ever growing area with network coverage (same coverage area as Voice and Video over LTE).
    which I have all those, i even called tech and they added the provisioning for VoLTE+RCS and the option just doesn't kick in (VoLTE is working tho). Then I called today and their saying that the network feature doesn't really work...but they're selling it on their website.

The option for enhanced/group messaging doesn't display in my messaging settings menu, but it used to; i'm just not sure if disappeared after updating to oreo 8.1 or getting the $60 10GB plan. Anyone else able to take advantage of the advanced messaging features?

is there anything else I should be asking/telling them?
    - BYOD $60 10GB -

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile Canada
    Feedback Score
    Were you able to get Advanced Messaging (RCS) working on the Pixel 2 XL? I'm on the same boat, I have VoLTE enabled, and working properly, and this should technically be enough for RCS to work, but it's not letting me access it through the messages app.

Feedback Score
    VoLTE and RCS have different SOC codes, so it's possible you only have VoLTE provisioned.
    Want to learn more about how LTE works?
    https://productioncommunity.publicmo...ls/td-p/130581

Feedback Score
    Didn't know Bell had RCS. Would RCS work in any phone as long as you're using google messaging app?

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Freedom
    Feedback Score
    I think you guys read over this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell
    Advanced Messaging is available automatically within the default messaging app on the following smartphones: Samsung Galaxy Note8, Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Galaxy S8+. More devices to be added in the future
    Source The default app mentioned appears to be the stock Samsung app, and not Android Messages.

As a side note, does VoLTE require both parties to use it, or just one? I have the "Enhanced 4G" toggle enabled on my 2XL with Bell, and I thought it wasn't working because my calls always drop to HSPA anyway, but I also don't think anyone I talk to has VoLTE on lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    VoLTE works fine if only one phone supports it, but highest codec rates are only available when both parties support them.