Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile live with 600 MHz in 586 cities and towns!!

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile live with 600 MHz in 586 cities and towns!!

Last edited by shilohcane; 01-03-2018 at 12:43 PM.

Feedback Score
    Very impressive. Yeah I’m glad I didn’t get the iPhone X without 600.

Device(s)
    Samsung GS9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    This is great to hear. In related news T-Mobile now covers 322 million POPS with LTE (surpassing its original plans) and plans to close the gap with Verizon with their Band 71 rollout. https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...-plans-vendors

The speed that T-Mobile has expanded their network reach over the past 3 years is truly impressive.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Samsung GS9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by erikkarma808 View Post
    Very impressive. Yeah I’m glad I didn’t get the iPhone X without 600.
    I know it's a hard decision. That's why I do JOD. I can just jump to a new Band 71 capable device down the road. No Band 71 in my area this year anyways.

Feedback Score
    Tmobile service in the Keweenaw and Western UP! We’ve been locked into either Verizon or ATT for years! Can’t sign up and port my number though yet. Here’s hoping that will come soon. Thought it would never come! Please tmobile don’t use the towers just for roaming and extended service like Cellcom does!!

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Very impressive. I don't have b71 yet in my home area but it's in a few travel spots I frequently fairly regularly so I'm wanting a b71 phone now

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I would bet their are a dozen new 600 Mhz phones by the end of June with more on the way in the 2nd half. Since Apple isn't going to use Qualcomm I would like to know where they are getting their Band 71 and 600 Mhz antennas technology. Qualcomm has patented their 600 Mhz RF Front-End (RFFE) that makes it easy to add 600 Mhz support.

In 2018, T-Mobile will launch more than a dozen new 600 MHz capable smartphones, ranging from budget-friendly phones to superphones.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by netrammgc View Post
    Tmobile service in the Keweenaw and Western UP! We’ve been locked into either Verizon or ATT for years! Can’t sign up and port my number though yet. Here’s hoping that will come soon. Thought it would never come! Please tmobile don’t use the towers just for roaming and extended service like Cellcom does!!
    Millions of people travel annually to the Upper Peninsula. Of course it makes great sense for TMobile to cover this area as part of their expansion for success and profits. Good for them!

Yay Yoopers!!

And yes I look forward to going up there soon, and hopefully to have a good band 71 phone to do this.

(Just watch out for that guy who keeps claiming that people streaming data in Houghton or Marquette will bring the T-Mobile network to its knees in big cities like Los Angeles. Because the T-Mobile network is so ridiculously fragile or something. Haha)
    "There is never a need to bash people with disabilities, or racial groups, or ethnic groups, or engage in any other sort of bigoted attacks in Howard Forums. Refrain from doing so not just to keep moderators happy, but in order to be a decent human being."

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    I would bet their are a dozen new 600 Mhz phones by the end of June with more on the way in the 2nd half. Since Apple isn't going to use Qualcomm I would like to know where they are getting their Band 71 and 600 Mhz antennas technology. Qualcomm has patented their 600 Mhz RF Front-End (RFFE) that makes it easy to add 600 Mhz support.

In 2018, T-Mobile will launch more than a dozen new 600 MHz capable smartphones, ranging from budget-friendly phones to superphones.
    More than 12 is nice. Should have a few that are entry level prices (hopefully).

Either way nice to have options coming

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile is getting competitive.... great. Guess I'll leave them & go to Sprint. I need something to complain about. 😄

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by caqz View Post
    T-Mobile is getting competitive.... great. Guess I'll leave them & go to Sprint. I need something to complain about. ��
    Going to Sprint? Well I guess we won't hear from you any more!

Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score
    Friends don't let friends go to sprint

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile painted Kansas with some 600 Mhz love... Also, looks like Oklahoma and Missouri is starting a similar build out to Kansas.

Finally we got a 600 Mhz Map on Spectrumgateway.

I still think at this point that T-Mobile is targeting areas where they don't own 700 Mhz. Like in the Mid-West where US Cellular owns 700 Mhz Block A. I am sure that will change as they build out those areas first and then start adding 600 Mhz to rural areas that also has 700 Mhz.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8, S8+, and S9+
    Carrier(s)
    "The Big 3"
    Feedback Score
    This is incredible. If B71 is live in almost 600 cities now, then I guess we can assume they are using the existing panels on many of these sites?

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    With T-Mobile closing the deal to buy the remaining 50% of Iowa Wireless and all the 600 Mhz build out in Kansas, Oklahoma and Missouri it looks like US Cellular is going to have some new competition for their customers in USC's largest customer base in the Mid-West states. Add in that T-Mobile is rolling out 600 Mhz to other USC's markets like Northern CA, Oregon, Washington state, West Vir, North Carolina, Vermont and Maine. I think John Legere and Neville Ray have a plan here using 600 Mhz with their regular spectrum to open up a major area that will go after USC's 5 Million customer base. US Cellular is sitting on their 600 Mhz and that is a bad idea with only 5 Million customers.

"T-Mobile also closed on its agreement to purchase the remaining interest of Iowa Wireless from Aureon on January 2. This agreement enables T-Mobile to further broaden its LTE footprint in Iowa and western Illinois and will eventually give Iowa Wireless customers access to Un-carrier benefits and America’s Best Unlimited Network. "

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast