Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile live with 600 MHz in 586 cities and towns!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    I think John Legere and Neville Ray have a plan here using 600 Mhz with their regular spectrum to open up a major area that will go after USC's 5 Million customer base. US Cellular is sitting on their 600 Mhz and that is a bad idea with only 5 Million customers.

I doubt this will make it into the ads and stuff. It might look good for Legere, the magenta knight of T-Mobile, going after the giant two-headed duopoly dragon. But going after tiny weak USC? Let's keep this low-key
    "Government has three primary functions. It should provide for military defense of the nation. It should enforce contracts between individuals. It should protect citizens from crimes against themselves or their property." - Milton Friedman.

Feedback Score
    This is great and everything, but I've lived in WI for almost 30 years and I have only heard of 3 of these places:

WI
    Abbotsford
    Aniwa
    Athens
    Bayfield
    Colby
    Cornucopia
    Drummond
    Eagle River
    Eland
    Glidden
    Hurley
    Iron River
    Knowlton
    Mason
    Mellen
    New Odanah
    Park Falls
    Phillips
    Spencer
    Stratford
    Three Lakes
    Wabeno

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wow T-Mobile has added a lot more agreements with TV station to move faster. Looks like I am getting 600 Mhz spectrum in Miami. WJAN-CD, UHF digital channel 41 that I been told is the worst case channel # for T-Mobile B, C, D & Espectrum. Also, WAMI-DT, UHF digital channel 47, is moving. The rest of the Miami channels are in Phase 2.

Approved early relocations

Market Station(s) New date Original date
    NYC WWOR 02/15/2018 08/02/2019
    Springdale, AR KWOG 04/01/2018 04/12/2019
    Miami, FL WAMI-DT, WJAN-CD 06/01/2018 04/12/2019
    Lansing, MI WKAR-TV 06/01/2018 01/17/2020
    Charleston, SC WCSC-TV 06/01/2018 09/06/2019
    Savannah, GA WSAV-TV 06/01/2018 01/17/2020
    Jackson, TN WJKT 06/01/2018 03/13/2020
    Green Bay, WI WPNE-TV, WGBA-TV 07/01/2018 06/21/2019
    Sioux Falls, SD KDLT-TV 11/30/2018 03/13/2020
    Jackson, MS WDBD, WLOO 11/30/2018 06/21/2019

Also, T-Mobile is sponsoring relocation of another 6 stations in 4 markets: Portland, OR, St. Louis, MO, Biloxi, MS, and Baton Rouge, LA. The relocations are subject to FCC approval.
    Last edited by shilohcane; 01-04-2018 at 01:45 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    This is incredible. If B71 is live in almost 600 cities now, then I guess we can assume they are using the existing panels on many of these sites?
    Adding B71 is not possible with those existing panels as they don't support the frequencies. Any site getting it would need new panels and radios.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 edge, Note 5, Galaxy Tab S2
    Carrier(s)
    T,T-Mo,VZ.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JimMcGraff View Post
    Adding B71 is not possible with those existing panels as they don't support the frequencies. Any site getting it would need new panels and radios.
    Wow. With 600 equipment being so new then I wonder how they were able to upgrade so many sites in such a short period of time? I remember you mentioning a while back when they were talking about deploying the spectrum that there wasn't any equipment certified for 600 at that time.

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    Millions of people travel annually to the Upper Peninsula. Of course it makes great sense for TMobile to cover this area as part of their expansion for success and profits. Good for them!

I been looking at T-Mobile that owns 600 Mhz Block D, E, F & G (20x20 Mhz) in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. That Block G is the only place in the USA that T-Mobile owns Block G that is next to T-Mobile's 700 Mhz Block A ( Only on East half of UP ). Now does that allow T-Mobile to have 25x25 Mhz of continuous spectrum in that half of the UP?

BTW, only one TV station WJMN-TV Ch 48 moving to Ch 32 in Phase 1 located in ESCANABA, MI is blocking that area in UP. There is one TV station in Canada CHCH-TV-5 Ch 38 moving 18 in Phase 10 located in SAULT STE MARIE, ON but I don't think that Ch 38 will be a problem.

Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Now does that allow T-Mobile to have 25x25 Mhz of continuous spectrum in that half of the UP?
    No. The widest LTE FDD channel bandwidth is 20x20. Also, band 12 can only be 10x10 max.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    Wow. With 600 equipment being so new then I wonder how they were able to upgrade so many sites in such a short period of time? I remember you mentioning a while back when they were talking about deploying the spectrum that there wasn't any equipment certified for 600 at that time.
    Things move fast in the tech world. I haven't seen the RRUs yet but I know that a number of antennas have been approved. As far as being able to upgrade that fast they've either got really lenient municipalities, they're cowboying sites up without permits, or they're exaggerating coverage.

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    More 600 Mhz news on T-Mobile from the Spectrumgateway.com author.

600 MHz TV repack status: the FCC approves early relocation of two TV stations in Miami, FL and more.

Feedback Score
    Good news, but don't see any KS coverage where KTKA is. Guessing that means they need to move their TV channel?

If that's the case, that's a shame. Many spots still not covered with 700Mhz.

At least they seem to be making some progress with this spectrum. Not a bad thing.

Device(s)
    Iphone 6s, Ipad Mini 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by derkaiser View Post
    This is great and everything, but I've lived in WI for almost 30 years and I have only heard of 3 of these places:

WI
    Abbotsford
    Aniwa
    Athens
    Bayfield
    Colby
    Cornucopia
    Drummond
    Eagle River
    Eland
    Glidden
    Hurley
    Iron River
    Knowlton
    Mason
    Mellen
    New Odanah
    Park Falls
    Phillips
    Spencer
    Stratford
    Three Lakes
    Wabeno
    Funny thing is the 3 cities in PA I have never heard of, and travel all throughout the state often lol.

Feedback Score
    Isn't that the point though; adding coverage to places that previously didn't have any? As long as the places actually exist it seems like a good thing. I'm sure that as TV channels get cleared, they'll move Band 71 into more populated areas.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by erikkarma808 View Post
    Isn't that the point though; adding coverage to places that previously didn't have any? As long as the places actually exist it seems like a good thing. I'm sure that as TV channels get cleared, they'll move Band 71 into more populated areas.
    Yes, but there are much bigger places in WI that have little or no T-Mobile coverage such as Wausau, Steven's Point, Marshfield, Minocqua, Rhinelander, all of Door County (big tourist area) etc. I don't know what the status is of conflicting TV channels in those areas though.

Feedback Score
    Yes, but there are much bigger places in WI that have little or no T-Mobile coverage such as Wausau, Steven's Point, Marshfield, Minocqua, Rhinelander, all of Door County (big tourist area) etc. I don't know what the status is of conflicting TV channels in those areas though.
    The Western edge, around the Hiawatha Valley /. Coulee Country doesn't look too good for coverage, either

(Maiden Rock, La Crosse, Fountain City, Bluff Siding, Lake Pepin, Alma, Trempealeau, etc)

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Wausau, Stevens Pt., Marshfield: They could deploy D & E blocks
    Minocqua & Rhinelander: Clear
    Donald Newcomb

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast