Phone
    Iphone 3G
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

iPhone X. Calls sound muffled to person I am calling, unless I use speaker

phone or blue tooth

I already had one phone replaced when I went to the Apple store and was able to demonstrate it their, even though their diagnostics didn’t detect any issues. It is now occurring on my replacement phone. Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Feedback Score
    what network do you have ?? and does it do it on VOLTE or WIFI calling or regular calls and is the phone software up to date.

Carrier
    AT&T or compatible
    Feedback Score
    My friend said he had the same problem. He took his X to the Apple store and they scolded him for not taking off the plastic wrap film.
    Q: Would you patronize a streetwalker?

A: No, I would treat her as an equal.

Phone
    Iphone 3G
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    what network do you have ?? and does it do it on VOLTE or WIFI calling or regular calls and is the phone software up to date.
    I turned off voice over LTE, same issue. AT&T is the carrier, but my wife’s iPhone 6 same network, no issues

Phone
    Iphone 3G
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doolie View Post
    My friend said he had the same problem. He took his X to the Apple store and they scolded him for not taking off the plastic wrap film.
    Not my issue, there are different speakers, and the speaker phone speaker has no problem, only when talking without the speaker phone on does it have an issue

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jeslevine View Post
    phone or blue tooth

I already had one phone replaced when I went to the Apple store and was able to demonstrate it their, even though their diagnostics didn’t detect any issues. It is now occurring on my replacement phone. Anyone else experiencing similar issues?
    I've had this issue for quite some time. It's definitely something with he network, not the device. I'll call people and they'll say they can barely hear me. It happened on my 7 Plus, and now it's happening on my X. I even exchanged my X hoping it was a fluke. Nope.

I just read through this forum and saw some people talk about turning off VoLTE, I'm going to try that. I also wonder if maybe it has to do with the WiFi Calling. I hardly make voice calls anymore, so I really haven't narrowed down when it's happening precisely, but will mess around with the settings.

Glad to know it's not just me... was wondering about that when the issue persisted after going through 2 models and 3 different phones.

Phone
    Iphone 3G
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bella94128 View Post
    I've had this issue for quite some time. It's definitely something with he network, not the device. I'll call people and they'll say they can barely hear me. It happened on my 7 Plus, and now it's happening on my X. I even exchanged my X hoping it was a fluke. Nope.

I just read through this forum and saw some people talk about turning off VoLTE, I'm going to try that. I also wonder if maybe it has to do with the WiFi Calling. I hardly make voice calls anymore, so I really haven't narrowed down when it's happening precisely, but will mess around with the settings.

Glad to know it's not just me... was wondering about that when the issue persisted after going through 2 models and 3 different phones.
    It isn't just you Bella, just google it and you will see others are experiencing this issue, and it isn't just At&T.

I have turned off VoLTE, and still the same issue. It isn't happening on the iPhone 6 or 6+. I have also turned off noise cancellation, restored the phone, and other suggestions, and still occurring. The thing is there are two different speakers, and I think the clue to what is happening is there

Phone
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    It is not the speaker which picks up your voice. The microphones do that.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203792
    Earl F. Parrish

Phone
    Iphone 3G
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    It is not the speaker which picks up your voice. The microphones do that.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203792
    Yes, you are correct. Thank you. There are at least two microphones, and when I use the speaker or the blue tooth there is no problem, when I just use the phone to use the "normal" microphone, I sound muffled to the person I am calling

I have gone through the suggestions in the link. My first iPhone x I took to Apple they ran diagnostics and found nothing wrong, but when I made a call to them in the store, they heard that my voice sounded muffled, they replaced the phone. With iPhone 6+s I have in my family, same carrier they have absolutely no issues.

I will take it to the store again, but I am not to optimistic on a resolution

Carrier
    AT&T or compatible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jeslevine View Post
    It isn't just you Bella, just google it and you will see others are experiencing this issue, and it isn't just At&T.

I have turned off VoLTE, and still the same issue. It isn't happening on the iPhone 6 or 6+. I have also turned off noise cancellation, restored the phone, and other suggestions, and still occurring. The thing is there are two different speakers, and I think the clue to what is happening is there
    How do you turn off noise cancellation?

Phone
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    It is under Settings>General>Accessibility>Hearing>Phone Noise Cancellation.

Phone
    Iphone 3G
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I called called Apple Technical support a couple of hours ago, and the customer support representative acknowledged this as a know issue that Apple is looking at. Couldn't provide any timeline, or what was the cause, that is software or hardware, but at least they acknowledged that it is an issue they are looking at