Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is HD Voice Not Availalbe For Grandfathered Plans?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    If anything like At&t, it is enabled at the account level and the user cannot merely add or remove the feature.
    Well it is nothing like AT&T, the user can enable it on Verizon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WiredGuy View Post
    Is there a way to enable HD voice on a non-Verizon iPhone 6? I don't see anything in verizonwireless.com

Sent from my Galaxy S8+ using the HoFo app
    You have to get the IMEI whitelisted by filing a DMD form.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sims View Post
    The option to add it is only shown online for devices they deem compatible with it a rep may be able to add it anyway or you could find a device that is compatible swap the sim add the feature and then swap back.

However if you change any line features while the iphone is on the line afterwards it will silently strip any incompatible features.
    You can get the IMEI of the iP6 whitelisted by filing a DMD form.

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO G, Iphone 6 On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VerizonNoMore View Post
    Is she retarded? Why are you treating her like a child? I mean, wtf. YOU decide when to turn on HD Voice for her? JFC, what a controlling a-hole.
    Oh Barbara, what it must be like to look at the world through your hate filled glasses. No she isn't retarded, far from it. She has a masters degree, unlike you who posts here day & night which makes it obvious you live off the system & spend your days attacking people on the internet.

She asked me if I would mind setting up the new phone for her because it's not something she likes to do. I was happy to help, just like she's happy to help me with things I prefer not to do, it's what people in relationships do. Since we all know you're a lonely person who's never been in a relationship you wouldn't understand that. I guess that's probably part of the reason why you're such an angry bitter person.

I don't even know why I'm even defending this last part other than your comment just being funny. As far as the the HD voice, I didn't point my finger in her face & tell her I was turning it on. I explained what it was & she said to do whatever I think is best. She had never even heard of HD voice, much like most people I know who don't frequent message boards. She just wants her phone to work for the things she mostly uses it for, anything else is an afterthought.

So you go back to spending your days attacking people & spewing hate while living off the system, clearly that's working out well for you.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    As a side note I used her phone a little while ago to see how the HD voice sounded & I have to say I wasn't really impressed. It definitely sounds better than CDMA calls but it's still not that great IMO. I was expecting it to be landline like quality.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust N Bones View Post
    Oh Barbara, what it must be like to look at the world through your hate filled glasses. No she isn't retarded, far from it. She has a masters degree, unlike you who posts here day & night which makes it obvious you live off the system & spend your days attacking people on the internet.

She asked me if I would mind setting up the new phone for her because it's not something she likes to do. I was happy to help, just like she's happy to help me with things I prefer not to do, it's what people in relationships do. Since we all know you're a lonely person who's never been in a relationship you wouldn't understand that. I guess that's probably part of the reason why you're such an angry bitter person.

I don't even know why I'm even defending this last part other than your comment just being funny. As far as the the HD voice, I didn't point my finger in her face & tell her I was turning it on. I explained what it was & she said to do whatever I think is best. She had never even heard of HD voice, much like most people I know who don't frequent message boards. She just wants her phone to work for the things she mostly uses it for, anything else is an afterthought.

So you go back to spending your days attacking people & spewing hate while living off the system, clearly that's working out well for you.
    Good response.

It's not just Barbara. Many people who participate on these forums don't understand that they are not the norm. I would wager that 98% of the people who buy and use cellular products don't have a clue of the technical aspects of their device. They just pick it up and use it, and expect it to do what they need it to do. HD Voice, VOLTE, wifi calling, etc. are not phrases and acronyms they are familiar with or care to be.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    Good response.

It's not just Barbara. Many people who participate on these forums don't understand that they are not the norm. I would wager that 98% of the people who buy and use cellular products don't have a clue of the technical aspects of their device. They just pick it up and use it, and expect it to do what they need it to do. HD Voice, VOLTE, wifi calling, etc. are not phrases and acronyms they are familiar with or care to be.
    Exactly. On any given day one can come to these forums & leave with the impression that Verizon is the worst carrier due to all the negative posts about speeds & dead spots. But like you said most people don't frequent message boards & they evaluate their carrier on their own real world usage. I don't know a single person who runs speed tests, their speed test is how well their web pages load & media streams on a daily basis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust N Bones View Post

It's obvious that you are the bitter angry person and are projecting all of your bitterness and anger at me. But then I suppose most people would be bitter and angry if they had to live with a mentally challenged person.
    Last edited by VerizonNoMore; 01-08-2018 at 11:14 PM.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Closed for now due to name calling.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2