Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Are the unlimited plans changing in the near future?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigb82 View Post
    Can you give me locations for example?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Terminals 1-10 at LAX. Terminals 1-3 at SFO. International terminal at SFO. Half of the Chicago airport. TMO is a joke.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bella94128 View Post
    Terminals 1-10 at LAX. Terminals 1-3 at SFO. International terminal at SFO. Half of the Chicago airport. TMO is a joke.
    I don't know if calling Tmobile a joke is the right thing lol clearly they all have service issues in some places. I can certainly say in Orlando its gotten a lot better. Competition is healthy and if they didn't do what they did we wouldn't have what we have

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    Last time I tried tmobile it was horrible in doors at work, Costco and some highways. And this is Los Angeles! I hope they’ve improved.
    Get $25 Cricket referral credit! Same AT&T signal for a lot less! Click here!

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    In some spots recently T-Mobile on my iPad was better than Verizon on my cell phone. So there!

But they are now both on ATT. ATT better at work than Verizon was, and I can get the $20 plan on my iPad this way.

ATT a little worse on a recent road trip than Verizon. But better than T-Mobile was 2 years ago on the same route.
    Overly complicated cell phone service. Unlimited with iPhone X. Low cost plan on other national network with iPhone 7+. And a real cheap pay per use plan for "home number" with Moto E4. Combination of best chance for coverage when traveling, and a home replacement number to give out when I don't want to give out my primary cell phone.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    My sister has been with T-Mobile ever since she got her first cell phone in her own name. It was Voicestream at the time. The irony is she could save money and get better service going to either Verizon prepaid or ATT Prepaid.

On the other hand, she had "free" international coverage last year in Australia, and will again this September in England. I paid over $10/day for coverage in Australia on Verizon (full speed LTE, though), and her husband on Straighttalk didn't have coverage at all.

Feedback Score
    So are the AT&T unlimited plans changing in the near future?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VerizonNoMore View Post
    So are the AT&T unlimited plans changing in the near future?
    Do you think by change you think they will offer international or prices matching that of Tmobile

Feedback Score
    Do you think by change you think they will offer international or prices matching that of Tmobile
    No because TMobile sucks, we have already established that. Let's talk about AT&T.

Feedback Score
    No because TMobile sucks, we have already established that. Let's talk about AT&T.
    Welcome back Barbara.

Feedback Score
    The unlimited plans have changed each of the last 2 years. The first was a surprise was in 2016 with DTV unlimited which was the year after AT&T acquired DTV. The second and third changes in 2017 happened within months of the unlimited plan by Verizon. What will be the driving force for AT&T UL plan changes?

Feedback Score
    To those saying Tmobile is a joke, one thing I'll credit them and have since the beginning is if it weren't for them introducing some of the UnCarrier moves. Please don't think for a second these companies like Verizon or AT&T would ever introduce or offer any of the current plan features you truly enjoy.

As I told my wife the cell industry is becoming one where loyalty is not necessary. No contacts. If come next year Att has better offerings and I can save money I'll leave and switch.
    T-Mobile deserves part of the credit as well as the new customers T Mobile gained who were satisfied with the T Mobile coverage. The upsurge caused AT&T, Verizon and many MVNO's to adjust and add plans. The lack of T Mobile coverage in some rural parts of Texas is a deal breaker for me.

AT&T after acquiring DTV with declining subscribers made an attempt to stop the decline at DTV with bundled unlimited data. This probably caused Verizon to finally add unlimited plans.

Sprint has offered an aggressive unlimited plan without attracting any customer surge so AT&T, Verizon and T Mobile have not reacted to Sprint,

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyjones View Post
    Welcome back Barbara.
    DustNBones, you are a psycho and are obsessed with me. We know you have multiple screen names, what a psycho.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CallmeJake View Post
    The unlimited plans have changed each of the last 2 years. The first was a surprise was in 2016 with DTV unlimited which was the year after AT&T acquired DTV. The second and third changes in 2017 happened within months of the unlimited plan by Verizon. What will be the driving force for AT&T UL plan changes?
    The driving force is that Verizon changed their February UDP to the Go Unlimited and Beyond Unlimited plans, which are worse than the Feb UDP. And Verizon now throttles video and won't unthrottle it unless you pay $10 more per phone or tablet line. So the GUDP and BUDP plans are significantly worse than AT&T's Unlimited Choice and Plus plans.

For instance, 4 lines on AT&T UDP+ is $185 with autopay discount. You get 10GB of hotspot per line and deprioritization after 22GB but if you have a dedicated hotspot line, it is not throttled after 10GB, just deprioritized. Streamsaver is free to turn off and the consumer can do this themselves online.

With Verizon's BUDP, 4 lines are $200 with autopay discount. You get 15GB of hotspot per line and deprioritization after 22GB but if you have a dedicated hotspot line, it is throttled after 15GB and no way to pay more to change that. All lines have their video throttled at 720p except for tablets which are throttled at 1080p. The only way to turn off the video throttle is to pay $10/mo/line more but you can't get that feature on a dedicated hotspot line.

The biggest difference is if you have more than 4 lines, with AT&T it is $20/line for each additional phone/tablet/hotspot. With Verizon's BUDP, it is $50/line for each additional phone/tablet/hotspot.

You can still get Verizon to give you the Feb UDP if you know the feature code and you get a chat rep who is willing. The Verizon FUDP was $180 for 4 lines with 15GB hotspot per line and each additional line is $20/mo but you still have to pay an extra $10/line to get rid of the video throttle and hotspot lines are capped at 15GB.

Given Verizon's changes, I am surprised that AT&T hasn't downgraded their plans too since they always seem to do whatever Verizon does and vice-versa.

Feedback Score
    The driving force is that Verizon changed their February UDP to the Go Unlimited and Beyond Unlimited plans, which are worse than the Feb UDP. And Verizon now throttles video and won't unthrottle it unless you pay $10 more per phone or tablet line. So the GUDP and BUDP plans are significantly worse than AT&T's Unlimited Choice and Plus plans.

For instance, 4 lines on AT&T UDP+ is $185 with autopay discount. You get 10GB of hotspot per line and deprioritization after 22GB but if you have a dedicated hotspot line, it is not throttled after 10GB, just deprioritized. Streamsaver is free to turn off and the consumer can do this themselves online.

With Verizon's BUDP, 4 lines are $200 with autopay discount. You get 15GB of hotspot per line and deprioritization after 22GB but if you have a dedicated hotspot line, it is throttled after 15GB and no way to pay more to change that. All lines have their video throttled at 720p except for tablets which are throttled at 1080p. The only way to turn off the video throttle is to pay $10/mo/line more but you can't get that feature on a dedicated hotspot line.

The biggest difference is if you have more than 4 lines, with AT&T it is $20/line for each additional phone/tablet/hotspot. With Verizon's BUDP, it is $50/line for each additional phone/tablet/hotspot.

You can still get Verizon to give you the Feb UDP if you know the feature code and you get a chat rep who is willing. The Verizon FUDP was $180 for 4 lines with 15GB hotspot per line and each additional line is $20/mo but you still have to pay an extra $10/line to get rid of the video throttle and hotspot lines are capped at 15GB.

Given Verizon's changes, I am surprised that AT&T hasn't downgraded their plans too since they always seem to do whatever Verizon does and vice-versa.
    I feel like AT&T has temporarily learned their lesson when it comes to downgrading plans. They saw the outrage that happened when they threatened to not allow hotspots on Unlimited plans anymore. I believe they were going to slowly take the same approach as Verizon and take away features and then charge more for them but after the accidental leak thanks to notices on bills and employees confirming they backed off. For now being pretty much the only carrier to offer Hotspot usage on unlimited plans is helping their bottom line. (Standalone hotspot). I mean they have already discontinued Plenti support (so most of us don't have any type of loyalty program anymore since the movie tickets Tuesday is supported by limited theaters) and lowered the loyalty discount to $15. Most people already feel like AT&T is lacking in the loyalty rewards compared to the other carriers. Nonetheless none of the other carriers have revealed any major changes yet so I don't think things will change this year. AT&T had just released Mobile share advantage in August of 16 then the unlimited wars happened. I could be wrong but I don't see them changing anything. They are adding subs, churn has gone even lower and they got all 50 states signed up for firstnet. And they are promising to be the only carrier to release 5g this year. So hopefully they are too focused on building out their network and improving it to change their plans up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jjennings2510 View Post
    I feel like AT&T has temporarily learned their lesson when it comes to downgrading plans. They saw the outrage that happened when they threatened to not allow hotspots on Unlimited plans anymore. I believe they were going to slowly take the same approach as Verizon and take away features and then charge more for them but after the accidental leak thanks to notices on bills and employees confirming they backed off. For now being pretty much the only carrier to offer Hotspot usage on unlimited plans is helping their bottom line. (Standalone hotspot). I mean they have already discontinued Plenti support (so most of us don't have any type of loyalty program anymore since the movie tickets Tuesday is supported by limited theaters) and lowered the loyalty discount to $15. Most people already feel like AT&T is lacking in the loyalty rewards compared to the other carriers. Nonetheless none of the other carriers have revealed any major changes yet so I don't think things will change this year. AT&T had just released Mobile share advantage in August of 16 then the unlimited wars happened. I could be wrong but I don't see them changing anything. They are adding subs, churn has gone even lower and they got all 50 states signed up for firstnet. And they are promising to be the only carrier to release 5g this year. So hopefully they are too focused on building out their network and improving it to change their plans up.
    The hotspot outrage has nothing to do with them changing or not changing their plans. It’s going to happen soon.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast