Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you all stay with Verizon

Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WiredGuy View Post
    I pay a premium to have piece of mind. I don't have to worry about not having service indoors, basements and everywhere I travel. What good is it without a network to back it up?
    Agreed. Now I know I will have service where ever my travels take me, and I can stop thinking about it.

Sent from my SM-G935U using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I came over seeking service where I live work and play. I stay because I get service where I live work and play. They've added many sites in my area in the last few years plus they are second to none with signal optimization so it really makes a good combo. T-Mobile has the site density going for them but the optimization they do not. They're also the first carrier I've ever had that's worked flawlessly 99% of my time.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    I'm carrying both a prepaid Verizon line and a postpaid T-Mobile line. I enjoy both and generally have great coverage from both.

I'd give Verizon the rural coverage advantage although tmobile is getting better in that area and should continue to do so. If immediate rural is important then Verizon seems to be the way to go. I do get impressed with T-Mobile as time goes by which should become more and more an alternative for people.

Feedback Score
    In SW Florida they have the most consistent coverage.

Plus (unlike T-Maybe, even with their crappy Band 12) it actually works in buildings.

I recently switched back to Verizon after a 3 year stint with T-Mobile and haven't looked back.
    Last edited by james4209; 01-09-2018 at 09:11 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I like/stay with Verizon because they are the only carrier that really pay attention to the smallest details in my opinion. Like showing the exact imagine of what my apple watch looks like on their website and app. Neither T-Mobile nor AT&T do this. Everything with Verizon just works and that makes my experience, at least in my head, the best possible.

Sometimes i make the parallel that if Verizon dedicates so much attention to minuscule details as the ones i described, that their focus on coverage and the network are bar-none the best. And i can trust it.

I do have to confess i have a soft spot for AT&T. Particularly because they offer native coverage in Puerto Rico and the U.S Virgin Islands which i love to visit. I can't fathom why Verizon has sub-par coverage in PR (extended LTE but mostly unusable 3G) and 1X in the Virgin Islands. I hold them to such high standard that in my head they must beat the competition every single time. They market themselves as the best, and so aren't we paying for the best? I tend to think.

I wish AT&T would just get it together and take the top spot. I would make them my daily driver.

Device(s)
    Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dcgore View Post
    I can't fathom why Verizon has sub-par coverage in PR (extended LTE but mostly unusable 3G) and 1X in the Virgin Islands.
    Verizon has no native coverage in PR or Virgin Islands so it's all roaming. (Not even sure if any roaming is even CDMA??)

Verizon sold all of their interests in those 2 locations to a division of Tracfones Claro division. Verizon is probably glad they did now that some much of the infrastructure was destroyed with this summers hurricanes.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    Verizon has no native coverage in PR or Virgin Islands so it's all roaming. (Not even sure if any roaming is even CDMA??)

Verizon sold all of their interests in those 2 locations to a division of Tracfones Claro division. Verizon is probably glad they did now that some much of the infrastructure was destroyed with this summers hurricanes.
    Yes, I am aware. But if AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint can offer native coverage, why is VZ the outlier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I stay with Verizon for the Coverage, and the 5GB single line plan that I’m on fits my needs perfectly at this time. My Hospital provides a 22% discount as well with Verizon. Verizon’s Customer Service has been very good so far at resolving my issues on the first call which is nice.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by james4209 View Post
    Plus (unlike T-Maybe, even with their crappy Band 12) it actually works in buildings.
    Interesting. Is Band 13 somehow superior to Band 12?

Can I help you out? It isn't.

Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SueZ_1 View Post

Not in terms of its frequency, itself. No. But Verizon band 13 is 10MHz wide, whereas T-Mobile band 12 is 5Mhz.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeInPa View Post
    I also travel into WV on occasion for work as well but the service for Verizon (signal wise but didn’t really check speeds) seemed ok but I never really went far off I-79 which has pretty good coverage and into Charleston which also has good coverage....
    Verizon is probably ok in the populated areas of WV and major highways.

I go to the central rural resort part of WV like Canaan Valley and Whitetail. Verizon does not even claim to cover that area.

Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile
    Feedback Score

Eh.. T-mobile's band 12 licenses are mostly lower 700 A block licenses, which are 6x6 mhz. They have some Block B licenses in montana, texas and elsewhere, but they've mostly focused on Block A. Verizon's upper 700 C block is an 11x11 license. So technically VZW has much more bandwidth. But in terms of transmission power and building penetration, you're right, they're similar.

In fact, because the upper 700 C block has uplink at a higher frequency than downlink, it theoretically has slightly worse transmission characteristics than the lower 700 block licenses (which have uplink at a lower frequency). But the frequency spread is so low that it can likely be dealt with at the network planning level. (Contrast band 4/AWS, which has uplink at 1700mhz and downlink at 2100mhz. Reverse those frequencies and you'd have serious issues!)
    renew orleans

Feedback Score

It is T-Mobile’s haphazard deployment of band 12, not its physical characteristics that make it crappy.

Device(s)
    Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dcgore View Post
    Yes, I am aware. But if AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint can offer native coverage, why is VZ the outlier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hard to say. Maybe Claro made them a deal too good to pass up. Maybe the bean counters decided those islands weren't profitable enough.

Feedback Score
    https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...orate-tax-rate

They continue to be defiant on buying more spectrum . The beat goes on....

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast