Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you all stay with Verizon

Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by un0335 View Post
    Why would you pay Verizon twice as much?
    So that he can roam, have top data priority, access to device financing, and international travel options. Nothing wrong with prepaid, but postpaid still offers a number of perks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by weskeene View Post
    So that he can roam, have top data priority, access to device financing, and international travel options. Nothing wrong with prepaid, but postpaid still offers a number of perks.
    You forgot VoLTE

No doubt that postpaid offers perks, but the premium can be substantial. For me, the "perks" are not worth it. YMMV of course.

Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by un0335 View Post
    You forgot VoLTE

No doubt that postpaid offers perks, but the premium can be substantial. For me, the "perks" are not worth it. YMMV of course.
    And Wi-Fi calling, I think. Point is I'm happy prepaid is around. Those MVNOs weigh down low end prices in the industry, which keeps everyone in check. It's sort of mutually assured destruction. Nevertheless, for those that value what postpaid has to offer, it's a premium experience. Either way is fine by me. Just enjoy your phone and service!

Feedback Score

Why do you all stay with Verizon

This has been an interesting thread. Kudos to everyone for not allowing it to devolve into “your carrier sucks” rant.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by weskeene View Post
    Unfortunately, there's a little more to a good deployment than equipment selection. No doubt TMO has top notch gear like the other carriers.
    Clearly my subtlety is lost on you.

To educate you; carriers do not deploy or design their cell sites. They work with Nokia or Ericsson to perform this task for them. T-Mobile, for example, have very little technical input into how, for example, B12 would be rolled out. That's why Nokia & Ericsson exist.

Device(s)
    iPhones, Samsung, Motorola.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    One more post on this topic, sort of forgot to mention earlier. In my area, Verizon isn't the fastest data speed, but very consistently available. If you don't really look at speedtest for a few days and just use your phone, you find it works reliably everywhere one would care.

Also, I have traveled to places where Verizon is challenged by capacity (larger cities) and terrain that's hard to cover. I'm not someone that thinks Verizon is best for everyone and every situation. It all depends. In my little micro-world of central/western Oregon, Verizon is really a clear winner (and the only real competition is ATT) but even that varies by location.

Some years back I remember being in downtown Seattle and getting horrible audio-quality on Verizon which literally never happens at home. I forced my phone to roam on Sprint to make my calls.

In my travels in California, Sonoma comes to mind, very hilly, but even so Verizon isn't a real option for a lot of folks there.

Anyway, you end up being intimately familiar with what works best where you live. Also if you're like me, you're forgiving of a OK but not awesome experience when traveling. That phenomena basically accounts for why folks sort of visiting briefly in central Oregon with T-Mobile here find their service OK. If you actually live here, you end up having more 'what the....' moments than you care to deal with.
    (The entire SW corner of our state has almost no T-Mobile coverage, not even roaming). Anyway, you figure out what works for you.

-Dan
    ---
    http://pages.uoregon.edu/dalbrich
    Eugene, OR -- Pacific Northwest

Feedback Score
    I switched to Verizon from T-Mobile last September when my son started going to school in a place with no T-Mobile coverage. Although T-Mobile was $25-$30 cheaper for 4 unlimited lines, having to add a single Verizon line for my son would have made it more expensive to stick with T-Mobile. Been happy with Verizon. At first, coverage at work (business park in populated area) was pretty crappy, but it seems it must have been a tower issue that has been resolved, since I consistently get OK signal now at work.

In a couple of years, the area with my son's school is scheduled to get 600Mhz coverage from T-Mobile. I would consider switching back to T-Mobile if that happens. All our phones are unlocked phones not purchased from the Verizon or T-Mobile, so switching carriers is pretty painless in general.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The first day when iphone 6 came out, I went to VZ and they gave me a new iphone 7 and turn in the iphone 6. I then shipped the iphone 6 to them and they are paying for the iphone 7. So in a sense is a contract even that VZ is paying for it, but then I get the iphone 7 for free (minus the iphone 6 value which would have been worth way less when the 2 years contract is completed)

Feedback Score
    Stay with Verizon? No way. Only took two weeks to see how bad the network is. Verizon has so many people brainwashed it's pathetic

Feedback Score
    Thank you anthonyjones for your insightful, meaningful and significant contribution!!

Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1515691949.122942.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  18.8 KB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by albert1735 View Post
    Thank you anthonyjones for your insightful, meaningful and significant contribution!!

Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1515691949.122942.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  18.8 KB
    Speaking of brainwashed people.

Nothing wrong with me voicing my experience and how I see things

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyjones View Post
    Stay with Verizon? No way. Only took two weeks to see how bad the network is. Verizon has so many people brainwashed it's pathetic
    I agree , they’re terrible here in the NYC market. 1x everywhere I go. Since you’re a genius in wireless who should I switch to? Help a fellow Hofo member out I’m torn here

Feedback Score
    Me thinks Anthony is a TROLL.

Feedback Score

Why do you all stay with Verizon

Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek View Post
    Me thinks Anthony is a TROLL.
    Well according to the genius.....the markets where Verizon works customers are brainwashed. How is that trolling ? His posts are so informative

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Their speeds are fine, but their coverage is gold. I want my phone to be able to work almost anywhere and none of the other carriers can do this for me as well as Verizon.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast