Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Why do you all stay with Verizon

Feedback Score
    I never thought I would be writing this. Today at lunch in Irvine, CA corner of Michelson and Jamboree in the shopping center in a major industrial center I had to borrow my friends T-Mobile phone to make a call. I walked over to the Verizon store about 100 ft away on the other side of the parking lot and had full signal. Obviously they had deployed repeaters. They had a store full of people so I couldn’t take the time to complain but I was really disappointed because this is in the heart of an industrial center at a major shopping center. Completely unacceptable. This is my first experience like this in a highly populated area.

Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek View Post
    I never thought I would be writing this. Today at lunch in Irvine, CA corner of Michelson and Jamboree in the shopping center in a major industrial center I had to borrow my friends T-Mobile phone to make a call. I walked over to the Verizon store about 100 ft away on the other side of the parking lot and had full signal. Obviously they had deployed repeaters. They had a store full of people so I couldn’t take the time to complain but I was really disappointed because this is in the heart of an industrial center at a major shopping center. Completely unacceptable. This is my first experience like this in a highly populated area.
    You found a deadspot. It's unfortunate, but they do happen. Call (not chat) and complain. It's all you can do.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Lightbulb

As with many of those who have posted in this thread, I have stuck with VZW since 2001 (when I switched from a year of lousy Cingular coverage). Granted, AT&T has improved its coverage and service to a reasonably good level, but in my home area and the areas to which I travel, VZW still has the best coverage. None of the carriers are cheap, but coverage does matter to me. When out in the remote areas (camping) with friends who have AT&T, we have found coverage to be similar in some areas, and "one or the other" in some other areas.

Maybe the other alternative is not such a bad idea... Name:  when_all_else_fails_600.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  56.0 KB
    "Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis"

Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Overland1 View Post
    As with many of those who have posted in this thread, I have stuck with VZW since 2001 (when I switched from a year of lousy Cingular coverage). Granted, AT&T has improved its coverage and service to a reasonably good level, but in my home area and the areas to which I travel, VZW still has the best coverage. None of the carriers are cheap, but coverage does matter to me. When out in the remote areas (camping) with friends who have AT&T, we have found coverage to be similar in some areas, and "one or the other" in some other areas.

Maybe the other alternative is not such a bad idea... Name:  when_all_else_fails_600.jpg
    I'm a ham, too.

I agree with your other point. At this point VZW and AT&T are very close in their geographic coverage. In one area, one will possibly be better than the other. But they're nearly identical in many places as well. I have no trouble recommending AT&T to anyone who has trouble with Verizon in an area.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
    I ported my TMobile line into Verizon mostly for one reason, price. I was finding each month for the most part I was only using a few gb(3 or 4) of data so paying for unlimited wasn't my best option

I called TMobile and they stated there wasn't any other plan with lower data and the one plan was the option. They recommended I go to TMobile prepaid or metro pcs but that wasn't an option I wanted. No way would I switch and accommodate them if it wasn't what I was looking for. I felt like my magenta buddy was telling me too much about what plan I needed by having very limited options

Now my red buddy down the street said come on in we have what you want. Since you are a low data user we have this perfect plan for you. It's 5gb of data which gives you more than the 3gb or 4gb you mentioned so you'll have a little extra if needed. On top of that we will give it to you for $55 with autopay and paperless billing. Plus, if your work offers a discount we can throw that on their too

Talk about a no brainer. This time Verizon felt more like the uncarrier. Approx $20 cheaper, maybe $18 after tax so it works well for me. I still like TMobile but I made a business decision and it was the right one
    One of TMobile's weak spots is individual lines. The sweetest spot on their One plan happens at 8 paid lines which come out to an average $30/line incl tax. Their current 4 lines for $140 promo ($35/line average) is pretty close though.

IMO, they are getting close to VZ and ATT coverage levels though. Coverage, not network density mind you.

Feedback Score
    Grandfathered Unlimited Data Plan with unlimited Hotspot and allowed now to upgrade without losing this legend plan using DPP. No other reasons needed. Best plan there is ever.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    I have had my license for years. My son recently received his license since it is required to operate some drones.

Quote Originally Posted by Overland1 View Post

Feedback Score

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    It happens man. Every carrier has these here and there.

I went with my friend to the Krikorian Theaters in Redlands to watch a movie and his Verizon phone had no service at the concession stand either.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    It happens man. Every carrier has these here and there.

I went with my friend to the Krikorian Theaters in Redlands to watch a movie and his Verizon phone had no service at the concession stand either.
    Yes, it happens everywhere, but it doesn’t make sense for it to happen in a parking lot several hundred feet from Western Digital that employs several thousand+.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Where I live there are many drop spots on the other carriers that only Verizon can cover, so I guess I value coverage more than speed. We switched from AT&T about a year ago and noticed a huge difference in coverage and speed, so we’re pretty happy with Verizon. T-mobile isn’t quite there yet in my area with still a lot of places in my neighborhood where it drops to 4G, but they’re getting better so In a few years maybe we’ll consider switching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yes, it happens everywhere, but it doesn’t make sense for it to happen in a parking lot several hundred feet from Western Digital that employs several thousand+.
    Has it happened there in the past, ever think maybe Tower problems, or maintenance? I have lots of dead/poor signal spots around me that Verizon hasn't addressed in years NIMBY is my guess in my area.
    Paul Thurrott:
    Not now mom, somebody's wrong on the Internet

Device(s)
    iPhones, Samsung, Motorola.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Short of 'it happens' - I can give one practical example. I used to live just SW of the University of Oregon in Eugene. Historically the UO made it difficult for carriers to build on campus (we now have a DAS, and they just sign up for it or not as they choose). Anyway, Verizon was one of the better options because they had macro-sites both east and west of campus. My house was covered by a macro site for west campus.

Unbeknownst to anyone (including the UO and Verizon), a new high-rise student dwelling was constructed directly adjacent to Verizon's west-campus tower, depriving a huge swath of folks South and West of campus from having signal.

I don't know to what extent this has been addressed (I since moved to another part of Eugene and no this wasn't the reason). But it can explain how stuff happens and sometimes things that are very unexpected.

-Dan
    ---
    http://pages.uoregon.edu/dalbrich
    Eugene, OR -- Pacific Northwest

Feedback Score
    Agreed, this is unacceptable given Verizon's claim of having superior coverage. Switching carriers fixes things faster than angry phone calls. My town police station has no service on ATT or Verizon, but Sprint and T-Mobile have a tower across the street. I guess they don't care about public safety in my area.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast