Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How badly does VZW prepaid [email protected]?! I can't even begin to tell you!!

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    And we'll never hear from the OP again. Why anyone doesn't just do this stuff themselves, I'll never understand. Especially with Verizon, the stores could care less about prepaid customers. If you can't do it yourself, better get postpaid.

Feedback Score
    I'm impressed the OP could even get anything done with prepaid at a Verizon store. When I went into a VZW store, as soon as I mentioned prepaid, the sales rep said "sorry, we don't deal with prepaid, call this number." Even a DM thru Twitter... "we don't help people on prepaid, call this number." OP is lucky they didn't sucker him into 3 new phones and a contract.

Device(s)
    Gold iPhone 7 Plus (Verizon variant)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by caqz View Post
    I'm impressed the OP could even get anything done with prepaid at a Verizon store. When I went into a VZW store, as soon as I mentioned prepaid, the sales rep said "sorry, we don't deal with prepaid, call this number." Even a DM thru Twitter... "we don't help people on prepaid, call this number." OP is lucky they didn't sucker him into 3 new phones and a contract.
    Lol you aren’t alone on that matter, it’s been like that for years and years. Verizon stores and staff are typically cocky always.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtr999 View Post
    Lol you aren’t alone on that matter, it’s been like that for years and years. Verizon stores and staff are typically cocky always.
    Verizon stores are not all the same. Some are “authorized” meaning they are not Verizon. Others are full Verizon stores. Best to find the full corporate owned store and go there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Gold iPhone 7 Plus (Verizon variant)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offroad1994 View Post
    Verizon stores are not all the same. Some are “authorized” meaning they are not Verizon. Others are full Verizon stores. Best to find the full corporate owned store and go there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any store that has Verizon name on it typically and usually act like $1000 bottle of wine-selling restaurant treating lowly Macdonald eaters (prepaid customers) stepping into that store. Tone of conversation abruptly change once they know you are prepaid...YMMW. but it’s always cocky service

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtr999 View Post
    Any store that has Verizon name on it typically and usually act like $1000 bottle of wine-selling restaurant treating lowly Macdonald eaters (prepaid customers) stepping into that store. Tone of conversation abruptly change once they know you are prepaid...YMMW. but it’s always cocky service
    I agree Verizon's middle name is cocky
    Last edited by anthonyjones; 01-18-2018 at 07:38 AM.

Feedback Score
    I walked into a Verizon corp store this past Dec to see what they could do with 4 lines of pre paid on price and phones for my business. Walked in and saw about 6 reps, 2 busy with customers, around 4 people waiting and guy with a tablet says he could add me to the list. Ok and when I asked how long it would take, he replied 10 minutes. I waited 20 minutes and told tablet guy I needed to go. He said since it's prepaid, he suggested I go online or call c/s. What? I challenge anyone to try to reach V prepaid c/s. It's the phone tree run around. So V is off my list and happily on Metro with much faster data, lower cost plans, Volte, and phones that a very reasonably priced (Samsung S6). Everything went butter smooth and numbers transferred in under 15 minutes. Bonus is when I take my phone to Mexico, it's works for calls coming in and going out while there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    And we'll never hear from the OP again. Why anyone doesn't just do this stuff themselves, I'll never understand. Especially with Verizon, the stores could care less about prepaid customers. If you can't do it yourself, better get postpaid.
    Sorry, just been busy. It actually got more interesting before I got my issues resolved. A day after the porting was done, I still could not get service on one line because they claimed I only paid $40 toward my account. Even though I had a receipt in hand saying I paid over $100, it took me another hour on the phone to sort it out. Crazy...

Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    i don't know why the OP didn't do a BYOD or just out right buy a device at full cost and start service. iv'e seen people with crap credit get a postpaid acct with verizon as along as they did a BYOD or bought the phone out right. i asked about that and the telesales rep told me that if one does a BYOD or buys the phone out right then there's no deposit

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    Blame Verizon, not the store sales people. If prepaid lines gave them some type of commission they would be better. Do you work for free, that is what they get from prepaid, nothing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2