Thread: Cheap plan for only Calling and messaging

Feedback Score

Cheap plan for only Calling and messaging

I am looking for a cheap cheap plan only for calling and texting, will be getting 3 lines, no data is needed

Does anyone know of a really cheap plan, be it grandfathered, through retentions, not offered anymore etc

Thanks

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Didn't mention how much calling/texting. But prepaid sounds like what you need.
    iPhone X on ATT Prepaid. Backup iPhone 7+ on inexpensive Verizon MVNO plan. Hopefully covers me in the continental US for phone usage. Cheaper than a single unlimited plan on ATT or Verizon or T-Mobile.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    Didn't mention how much calling/texting. But prepaid sounds like what you need.
    unlimited calling and texting.
    my concern with prepaid is they cut you off after certain number of minutes, 3000, albeit unlimited plan
    and not to mention, att prepaid does not have volte

Device(s)
    SGS 7, Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T MSV 10+10GB, Sprint Free for a year
    Feedback Score
    One of the Wal-Mart MVNOs has a talk/text plan for $25/mo. However, ones with data start at $35/mo, and they might even have one with a gig for $25/mo so if your expectations of cellular service in the year 2018 are that low, it barely costs any more to have some data. If it's just for very high usage conference calls or something, just use a prepaid line if/until it gets shut down, and try a different one and use your real phone in the mean time.

Feedback Score
    Cheapest AT&T branded plan is the prepaid $35 or $30 with autopay plan for unlimited talk & text with 1GB data.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6 Active
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ahg View Post
    unlimited calling and texting.
    my concern with prepaid is they cut you off after certain number of minutes, 3000, albeit unlimited plan
    I believe Cricket has some VoLTE approved phone's.

Sent from my SM-G892A using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I am looking for a cheap cheap plan only for calling and texting, will be getting 3 lines, no data is needed

Does anyone know of a really cheap plan, be it grandfathered, through retentions, not offered anymore etc
    If you can use Sprint, Unlim talk and text with no data is $15 a month at Tello.

I have no idea if they will cancel you for excessive "unlimited" use. I would ask them. My experience with their customer support has been very good.

Device(s)
    LG G3/G2/XCharge, Moto E4/E2/G/G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, PagePlus, TracFone, Tello, TMO, Xfinity
    Feedback Score
    Cricket has a $25 unlimited talk/text only plan (no MMS). Since it is owned by AT&T (not exactly a MVNO), it probably doesn't limit the minutes and texts. Also, if you got one of their phones, you could have VoLTE. For an extra $5 per line, you would get 2GB data (and MMS).

For $100 total, you could have 4 lines on Cricket, each with unlimited everything.
    Last edited by mframe; 01-10-2018 at 05:28 PM.

Feedback Score

Thanks
    Here's what you do.

1. Get a number on AT&T Prepaid ($30) and sign up for Google Voice using that number.
    2. Pick a virtual number for Google Voice, download Hangouts and the Hangouts Dialer.
    3. Open an AT&T postpaid account and transfer the prepaid number to it, selecting the $10 1 GB iPad Plan

1 GB is good for 2,750 minutes, after which you will get charged overages in 1 GB increments. I believe it's $10/GB.
    I've done this before, but I took the sim card out and only used the Google Voice line over wifi, so I didn't deal with using LTE or failing an IMEI check.

Feedback Score
    Consumer cellular would be $55/mo. plus tax for 3 lines unl talk & text + 250 MB. 5% discount if AARP might help offset some of the taxes

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Bounds View Post
    Here's what you do.

1. Get a number on AT&T Prepaid ($30) and sign up for Google Voice using that number.
    2. Pick a virtual number for Google Voice, download Hangouts and the Hangouts Dialer.
    3. Open an AT&T postpaid account and transfer the prepaid number to it, selecting the $10 1 GB iPad Plan

1 GB is good for 2,750 minutes, after which you will get charged overages in 1 GB increments. I believe it's $10/GB.
    I've done this before, but I took the sim card out and only used the Google Voice line over wifi, so I didn't deal with using LTE or failing an IMEI check.
    Thank you for taking the time to respond and mentioning it in steps. really appreciate it. sounds not a bad idea, stick the sim in a hotspot and then broadcast

I might consider it too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMPhonePhreak View Post
    Consumer cellular would be $55/mo. plus tax for 3 lines unl talk & text + 250 MB. 5% discount if AARP might help offset some of the taxes
    Thank you for mentioning the plan.

Would you know if they have unlimited international calling plan, like ATT does, world plan

Feedback Score
    Thank you for mentioning the plan.

Would you know if they have unlimited international calling plan, like ATT does, world plan
    Why don't you just go to their website and read about their plans?