Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Best Buy no longer charging MTS fee, $60 refill now 13% off

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    Just ordered - $60 (and SIM) for $52.34. Keep in mind that you should apply the refill immediately as Best Buy has a bad habit of not activating/scanning everything before it ships. I had two SIMs that were useless and a refill (they were able to replace the refill).
    This happened to me. I entered the code and Cricket said it was invalid. Needed to call BestBuy customer service 800 number and the nice girl said "oh, we need to activate it first"

duhhh

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-410
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thefisch View Post
    The issues I have had with activation have been the sim kits - only a few of the dozen or so I got could be activated. Easy to check by going to activation page and entered sim info. Good news is you can return the sim cards later if they don't work for you and it should not affect the bundle price.
    Funny you should mention this...my SIM kit and refill arrived today. The refill worked, and checking the SIM kit at http://cricketwireless.com/join yielded an error that it couldn't be used, so I'll have to either call to see if they can "scan" it or return it to my local store.

I went back and checked some of the other Best Buy ones I've gotten in the past...all have the error:

"We can't set up the SIM card associated with that ICCID number. Please try a different SIM card. Note: If you purchased your SIM kit on the Cricket Wireless website, please visit http://www.cricketwireless.com/activate to activate."

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    There needs to be some kind of class action vs BB for being so incompetent with these activations.

For some reason I get so disgusted just thinking about it.

Wonder how many of their labor man/hours they could save just by doing this simple thing correctly. Not to mention people's personal time.

Sent from my Z982 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-410
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gwite View Post
    There needs to be some kind of class action vs BB for being so incompetent with these activations.

For some reason I get so disgusted just thinking about it.

Wonder how many of their labor man/hours they could save just by doing this simple thing correctly. Not to mention people's personal time.
    I doubt much would come of it...I'm more annoyed that I didn't check the others when I got them and set them aside—could've returned those and recouped the 99¢-$3.99 for each of those. But seriously, stuff like this is disappointing and I guess the best we can do is let others know it may happen?

Feedback Score
    I hope mine doesn't work and I get a refund. $4 plus tax off brings my discount from 12.7% back to 20%. Assuming I don't have to drive to the store.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-410
    Feedback Score
    Well, just an FYI - I went to return/exchange and they didn't seem very interested in that and swore it was something on my end - got sent over to BB Mobile by customer service and thought I could do the return there, but instead they insisted we go through the whole diagnostic process (the guy even grabbed another iPhone 8 Plus off the shelf and tried that IMEI number). They concluded that I needed to go to a Cricket store (one guy thought Cricket ran on Sprint), so I asked if they issued me a new SIM there if I could return this kit and they said I could. I played along only because I wasn't getting anywhere otherwise.

I have a friend that works at a Best Buy in another state and asked if I was just not saying the right things and he told me that they just weren't listening and also that he's seen a lot of "bad" Cricket SIM kits come through.

Truth be told, the discount even with the SIM kit into consideration is darn good and dealing with Best Buy on the SIM kit issues may not be worth the $4 in time/hassles if you have any.

Feedback Score
    Cricket and BB must be getting desperate for business that they have to keep cutting back on prices. Healthy businesses don't do that. Discount carrier, discount service. You get what you pay for, which isn't much.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    Cricket and BB must be getting desperate for business that they have to keep cutting back on prices. Healthy businesses don't do that. Discount carrier, discount service. You get what you pay for, which isn't much.
    The physical Best buy stores probably won't be around for too many more years.

Device(s)
    Lumia 830
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Best Buy no longer charging MTS fee, $60 refill now 13% off

You get what you pay for, which isn't much.
    I think this is difficult to quantify.
    For instance, coverage depends on where you work and live, which is different for all of us.
    Price is different for all of us depending on what plan you chose.
    The good thing about MVNO’s is you are not married to them and thus there is no reason to have an allegiance towards one or the other. Go where the best deal is for you.

Feedback Score
    The reverse Cricket Fanboy is back in action!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyjones View Post
    The physical Best buy stores probably won't be around for too many more years.
    I don't know. Circuit City is looking to open up showroom stores this year from a news report I heard.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
    I don't know. Circuit City is looking to open up showroom stores this year from a news report I heard.
    Circuit city went out of business in Illinois and closed all of its stores here. Didn’t think they were still in business.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-410
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slagish View Post
    Circuit city went out of business in Illinois and closed all of its stores here. Didn’t think they were still in business.
    They went out of business everywhere and someone else (Systemax) bought the brand to re-use (sort of like "new" HHGregg showing up online a few months after the company closed).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    Well, just an FYI - I went to return/exchange and they didn't seem very interested in that and swore it was something on my end - got sent over to BB Mobile by customer service and thought I could do the return there, but instead they insisted we go through the whole diagnostic process (the guy even grabbed another iPhone 8 Plus off the shelf and tried that IMEI number). They concluded that I needed to go to a Cricket store (one guy thought Cricket ran on Sprint), so I asked if they issued me a new SIM there if I could return this kit and they said I could. I played along only because I wasn't getting anywhere otherwise.

I have a friend that works at a Best Buy in another state and asked if I was just not saying the right things and he told me that they just weren't listening and also that he's seen a lot of "bad" Cricket SIM kits come through.

Truth be told, the discount even with the SIM kit into consideration is darn good and dealing with Best Buy on the SIM kit issues may not be worth the $4 in time/hassles if you have any.
    Yeah, I am not sure trying to get BB to properly activate the sims is worth the hassle. The sim kit I just got this weekend from this recent order was not activated either. I just took it back to the store while I was nearby for my $4 back. Didn't mention the activation issue - just said I didn't need it.

In the past, I have tried to get them to activate sims they shipped unactivated and they couldn't help me in store or over the phone. They did say that BB mobile technical support could help me. I still have several left that are outside the return period. I am just hanging onto them since they won't take them back. Apparently, BB will help you activate it even if you are outside the return period.

Feedback Score
    Wish I'd have bought 2 or 3 of these. Any other deals going? Still need to check my SIM kit.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast