Thread: Can this be waived?

Carrier(s)
    $60 Fido 10gb plan (Canada)
    Feedback Score

Can this be waived?

Just curious but I am hoping someone can help me with this situation. It also may be too late but here goes:

Before I upgraded to the $60/10gb plan I knew I had to spend my FidoDollars as the new plan would essentially wipe them out. As a result I burned my FidoDollars on a cheap $60 flip phone figuring that if I couldn’t sell it for a reasonable amount then at the very least I would have an emergency backup phone (all phones even without a SIM card can still call 9-1-1). The issue I had was that as I redeemed the FidoDollars at a Fido Corporate store, I was charged a $25 Hardware Upgrade Fee, which equates to an almost 40% “tax” on the phone. I was told I could call in and have the fee waived but I never could get through because of the deal. I contacted Fido through Facebook Messenger and after a bizarre exchange which took over 2 weeks of a very slow back and forth I was told that Fido was unable to waive the fee. The question is, is that true that they cannot waive the fee? Or should I call in and try to speak to a rep instead?

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Contact live chat, call in again, tweet at them on social media, message them on Facebook. If all fails do this https://www.fido.ca/consumer/contact/ombudsman and normally the store waives the $25 transaction fee. If you were told that it would be waived contact the store too

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by caveman924 View Post
    Just curious but I am hoping someone can help me with this situation. It also may be too late but here goes:

Before I upgraded to the $60/10gb plan I knew I had to spend my FidoDollars as the new plan would essentially wipe them out. As a result I burned my FidoDollars on a cheap $60 flip phone figuring that if I couldn’t sell it for a reasonable amount then at the very least I would have an emergency backup phone (all phones even without a SIM card can still call 9-1-1). The issue I had was that as I redeemed the FidoDollars at a Fido Corporate store, I was charged a $25 Hardware Upgrade Fee, which equates to an almost 40% “tax” on the phone. I was told I could call in and have the fee waived but I never could get through because of the deal. I contacted Fido through Facebook Messenger and after a bizarre exchange which took over 2 weeks of a very slow back and forth I was told that Fido was unable to waive the fee. The question is, is that true that they cannot waive the fee? Or should I call in and try to speak to a rep instead?
    Normally they are very Firm on the HUP Fee & the $25 transaction fee. But you could try calling but keep your expectation low.

Carrier(s)
    $60 Fido 10gb plan (Canada)
    Feedback Score
    I called, we shmoozed, they waived the fee. It was actually a lot easier than I thought.

Device(s)
    iPhone8
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Freedom, Public
    Feedback Score
    I had my last fee waived as well
    I wonder why stores tell people to call in and get this cancelled out
    Koodo $40 Canada Wide + 8GB + 1000 Intl LD
    Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $12 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $19 per Month
    Freedom $35 ($37-BTS) North America Wide + 8GB + 1GB Roaming

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, iPad Mini 2, MacBook Pro 2013 13”, Apple TV 4.
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    I had my last fee waived as well
    I wonder why stores tell people to call in and get this cancelled out
    Because we can call and have it cancelled

Sent from my iPhone X on Fido’s network using Tapatalk Pro.