Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New AT&T Site

Device(s)
    iPhone (Silver) Xs Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    (Dual Sim) T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!! Xfinity Mobile (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EricB294 View Post
    This site has come a long way since my first post on 1/11. I can not wait until it's up and running. Ported in from Bluegrass Cellular about 6 weeks ago knowing this site was going up. I'm relying completely on wifi calling until this site goes live, I just couldn't deal with Bluegrass any longer. Attachment 159171
    Any updates pictures!?
    Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wide_opeN View Post
    Any updates pictures!?
    This picture is from today. It took them about 6-7 weeks to build it. Also heard that there is a third new tower going up in another part of the county but I've not confirmed if it's true.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EricB294 View Post
    This picture is from today. It took them about 6-7 weeks to build it. Also heard that there is a third new tower going up in another part of the county but I've not confirmed if it's true.
    AT&T has been granted the following Butler County tower build permits by the KY PSC, from most recent (1/18/18) to oldest (9/8/17)....

835 Flat Rock Rd
    Between Richland Church Rd and Orange Cemetery Rd off of R’ville Rd

494 Barren River Rd
    Downtown Woodbury

5545 Caneyville Rd/Welcome Rd

27 Hub Phelps Rd at the 3000 block of R’ville Rd

Which one is the one you photographed? How is service elsewhere in the county?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TitansFan View Post
    AT&T has been granted the following Butler County tower build permits by the KY PSC, from most recent (1/18/18) to oldest (9/8/17)....

835 Flat Rock Rd

494 Barren River Rd
    Downtown Woodbury

The picture is from 27 Hub Phelps Rd. It should be the one you said you had driven by on Russellvillle Rd. The one in Woodbury is the one I had heard about. I think I might drive to the one on Flat Rock Rd and see if there is any work being done there. It's only about 6 or 7 miles from the tower in the pic though. Seems really close together to me.

AT&T service in the county is really poor unless you are in Morgantown or live fairly close to the towers along the Natcher Parkway. These additional towers out in the county will make AT&T number 1 here as long as all bands are added to the new towers. Bluegrass (Verizon) has great coverage but the rural towers are band 13 only and congested all the time.

Feedback Score

835 Flat Rock Rd

494 Barren River Rd
    Downtown Woodbury

The picture is from 27 Hub Phelps Rd. It should be the one you said you had driven by on Russellvillle Rd. The one in Woodbury is the one I had heard about. I think I might drive to the one on Flat Rock Rd and see if there is any work being done there. It's only about 6 or 7 miles from the tower in the pic though. Seems really close together to me.

AT&T service in the county is really poor unless you are in Morgantown or live fairly close to the towers along the Natcher Parkway. These additional towers out in the county will make AT&T number 1 here as long as all bands are added to the new towers. Bluegrass (Verizon) has great coverage but the rural towers are band 13 only and congested all the time.

Feedback Score

835 Flat Rock Rd

494 Barren River Rd
    Downtown Woodbury

These are pics from the tower in Woodbury. They are working on it right now. The site at Flat Rock Rd hasnt been touched yet. Great coverage is getting closer by the day!!Name:  20180804_130213.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  50.5 KBName:  20180804_130331.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  40.8 KB

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info! I’m guessing the FirstNet deal is super lucrative because AT&T isn’t messing around. In addition to the 3 new Butler County towers, they just finished one south of BG in the woefully underserved Drake community, and the Warren County planning commission approved construction of a new tower near exit 7 of the Natcher Parkway in BG.

Add to that the approvals for 3 towers in Ohio County: Horse Branch, Beaver Dam, and Hartford.

Those are just the ones that I know about. I hope they keep plugging the holes. VZW/BC has the best coverage but it does little good when it’s congested beyond all reason.

Feedback Score
    Any update on the Mo’town sites? The new tower on the border of Warren/Simpson counties south of BG is now active according to a coworker. Wondering if they’ve fired up any of the new ones in your area.

Feedback Score
    Any update on the Mo’town sites? The new tower on the border of Warren/Simpson counties south of BG is now active according to a coworker. Wondering if they’ve fired up any of the new ones in your area.
    They are still working on them. I cant see that they've done any work at the Woodbury site in 4 weeks. I kinda get the feeling that they may wait until all three sites are ready before turning them on. Hope I'm wrong because the one I need looks to be close to completion.

Feedback Score
    I just checked cellmapper.com and it shows the Phelps Rd and Caneyville Rd towers as active. Have you noticed any improvements with coverage and/or performance?

Feedback Score
    I just checked cellmapper.com and it shows the Phelps Rd and Caneyville Rd towers as active. Have you noticed any improvements with coverage and/or performance?
    All the mapping in Butler County is from me. The tower at Phelps Rd was online last Thursday when I got home from work but it's at very low power. Just drove by it and couldn't connect to it. They are onsite right now working on it. The tower on caneyville rd that you see on the map is an incorrectly mapped tower, not sure why the mapping placed it there. The closest active site is probably 8-10 miles away. The new site doesnt have antennas installed yet.

Feedback Score
    Hey Eric, what's it like in the boonies of Butler County now?

I just switched our three lines from Bluegrass to AT&T prepaid unlimited. Bluegrass has signal all over the place but as you know, it's ridiculously congested. My job takes me into all of the counties that surround Warren County. Edmonson County is usually my baseline when it comes to these things (if the service is good in Edmonson, it's probably as good and probably better everywhere else) and I had no issues.

The difference in coverage compared to Bluegrass is negligible at worst and the speeds are incredible. Is consistent with what you're seeing in Butler County?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Here's a new AT&T site just built in Bullitt county between Mt Washington and Shepherdsville. The tower itself was built 4-5 years ago and has sat empty until now. Still not live yet. Not sure why one sector has 3 antennas but the other two only have 2. Bluegrass doesn't offer service up here but their PCS license is between AT&Ts 2 blocks. Their 20x20 block in Louisville is divided into a 10x10 and 5x5 south of Louisville thanks to Bluegrass. Name:  PemloP1.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  38.0 KBName:  AC6BVwU.jpg
Size:  29.0 KB

Sent from my SM-G965U using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mdob07 View Post
    Here's a new AT&T site just built in Bullitt county between Mt Washington and Shepherdsville. The tower itself was built 4-5 years ago and has sat empty until now. Still not live yet. Not sure why one sector has 3 antennas but the other two only have 2. Bluegrass doesn't offer service up here but their PCS license is between AT&Ts 2 blocks. Their 20x20 block in Louisville is divided into a 10x10 and 5x5 south of Louisville thanks to Bluegrass. Name:  PemloP1.jpg
Size:  38.0 KBName:  AC6BVwU.jpg
Size:  29.0 KB

Also found a couple more new sites out by my aunts house near Taylorsville KY. Looks like they're really ramping up rural coverage in KY. Sprint and T-Mobile are non existent here, and Verizon/BC is fringe B13 that's unusable. Looks like this site is LTE only. When I force my phone to HSPA it's much worse signal. Name:  Screenshot_20191128-125625_Service%20mode%20RIL.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  51.5 KBName:  Screenshot_20191128-125651_Speedtest.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  26.6 KBName:  Screenshot_20191128-130522_SignalCheck%20Pro.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  72.0 KBName:  Screenshot_20191128-130425_SignalCheck%20Pro.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  58.1 KB

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max (Intel), iPhone 6S, Galaxy S9, iPad 9.7, iPad Mini 3, Netgear Nighthawk Hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, FirstNet
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mdob07 View Post
    Also found a couple more new sites out by my aunts house near Taylorsville KY. Looks like they're really ramping up rural coverage in KY. Sprint and T-Mobile are non existent here, and Verizon/BC is fringe B13 that's unusable. Looks like this site is LTE only. When I force my phone to HSPA it's much worse signal. Name:  Screenshot_20191128-125625_Service%20mode%20RIL.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  51.5 KBName:  Screenshot_20191128-125651_Speedtest.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  26.6 KBName:  Screenshot_20191128-130522_SignalCheck%20Pro.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  72.0 KBName:  Screenshot_20191128-130425_SignalCheck%20Pro.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  58.1 KB

All new sites will be LTE-only. No sense investing in hardware that is going away in two years. It’s also next to impossible to get new UMTS equipment these days, as well.
    I do not represent any company or other entity. Anything I post in these forums or write on this site are my thoughts and opinions only. I make every attempt to be 100% accurate, but I am human and do make mistakes from time to time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast