Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cricket just texted me a video telling me how to turn on WiFi WTF

Feedback Score

Cricket just texted me a video telling me how to turn on WiFi WTF

I just got a text with a 33 second attached video. "Get a great connection every time with your Samsung Galaxy S6" it said

I was anticipating some new setting or carrier update or something.

It was a personalized video because the narrator said my name at the start. All it did was tell me how to turn on WiFi by pulling down and clicking the wifi icon. I already always have wifi turned on.

Wtf

Feedback Score
    I got it too for my S7. Bizzare!

When people have unlimited data they cannot be bothered to turn on wifi. That means the load on the mobile network is that much more. Cricket/ATT suffers because of it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kadi1981 View Post

When people have unlimited data they cannot be bothered to turn on wifi. That means the load on the mobile network is that much more. Cricket/ATT suffers because of it.
    It was a cute little video but I was surprised at how stupidly basic the content was. But I see your point. I don't know why anyone wouldnt want to at least connect to their home wifi network when home. I can see the benefit of skipping all the random coffee shops etc especially where it requires a special sign in page each time and then it is slow as fuggg

Feedback Score
    One of the advantages of Unlimited is not having to connect to Public WiFi when you are not home. Public WiFi is a security nightmare. At home it would be preferable.

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Do you guys have common first names? We haven't gotten anything on any off or lines and I have a combined usage over 500GB.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
    Do you guys have common first names? We haven't gotten anything on any off or lines and I have a combined usage over 500GB.
    Is it possible we both have Cricket branded Samsung phones? Maybe they did the video for Samsungs?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
    Is it possible we both have Cricket branded Samsung phones? Maybe they did the video for Samsungs?
    You said it had your name. I have my wife's S8 with Cricket firmware and she got no such message. My name is uncommon and covers the whole account. Thus the question.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score

Cricket just texted me a video telling me how to turn on WiFi WTF

Yea, I did as well... for my iPhone 6s Plus.

Looks similar to what att did for my first two bills. Personalized video on how to read your bill. Except this is to use WiFi.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slagish View Post
    Yea, I did as well... for my iPhone 6s Plus.

Looks similar to what att did for my first two bills. Personalized video on how to read your bill. Except this is to use WiFi.
    The 2 lines that have used the most on my account are both BYOD. Note 12.2 Pro AT&T. S8+ Unlocked. My wives S8 technically started as a MetroPCS. Other line is a Verizon E4.. They haven't used more than 4GB this month though. Not that I need the video just found it odd.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score

Wi-Fi calling is for voice service. Use of Wi-Fi for data service requires no activation of features and works out of the box with any telephone capable of using Wi-Fi..
    Last edited by efparri; 01-14-2018 at 10:34 AM.
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    We got it on at least two lines. Very low data usage on each line. What surprised me is that they customized the video to say our first name. I'm surprised they even know my wife's name, since the lines were all merged into one account in my name.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I got it about an hour ago on a AT&T Samsung S8 being used on Cricket.

Feedback Score

Any facts to back up the claim Cricket/AT&T suffers since ULD subscribers reduce use of wifi? Deprioritization reduces demand for the AT&T network at congestion points.

Feedback Score
    Why do Cricket customers seem on edge all the time?!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CallmeJake View Post
    Any facts to back up the claim Cricket/AT&T suffers since ULD subscribers reduce use of wifi? Deprioritization reduces demand for the AT&T network at congestion points.
    No facts. But it is my opinion. If you have finite capacity on your mobile network. Before ULD plan it was say used 85% for example. Now with the unlimited plan users it is now at 95%. Now you have to plan for capital investments. It is a good problem to have. But capital investments are usually front loading making share holders less happy and share price not rising as quickly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast