Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cricket just texted me a video telling me how to turn on WiFi WTF

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kadi1981 View Post
    No facts. But it is my opinion. If you have finite capacity on your mobile network. Before ULD plan it was say used 85% for example. Now with the unlimited plan users it is now at 95%. Now you have to plan for capital investments. It is a good problem to have. But capital investments are usually front loading making share holders less happy and share price not rising as quickly.

I have heard the exact opposite from an AT&T engineer who told me the capacity is not constrained in most markets. The markets with constraints was already constrained before ULD. The capacity for AT&T is expanding nationwide because of FirstNet.

AT&T will have to make major investments in new equipment with or without unlimited plans because 5G deployment requires the investment. All cell providers will have to make the investment in 5G deployment.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CallmeJake View Post
    Any facts to back up the claim Cricket/AT&T suffers since ULD subscribers reduce use of wifi? Deprioritization reduces demand for the AT&T network at congestion points.
    Well the obvious one, AT&T dropped below Sprint on Ooklas speedtest rankings. Right now ATT is the only network forcing their customers down to 3mbit on prepaid AND postpaid. They can't handle the traffic. In fact, they just brought back bucket plans (flex plans) to shift customer off unlimited plans. Expect within the next year AT&T will end unlimited data as they bring "5G" buckets.

Feedback Score
    Wish I had graduated in financial engineering. Sounds like lots of fun and very profitable

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    Well the obvious one, AT&T dropped below Sprint on Ooklas speedtest rankings. Right now ATT is the only network forcing their customers down to 3mbit on prepaid AND postpaid. They can't handle the traffic. In fact, they just brought back bucket plans (flex plans) to shift customer off unlimited plans. Expect within the next year AT&T will end unlimited data as they bring "5G" buckets.
    Most of your post is false. My plan is not limited to 3 mbs.. Why are you making is sound as if all plans are limited to 3 mbs?

Any site which has Sprint ranked other than last is an absolute joke.

Feedback Score
    Most of your post is false. My plan is not limited to 3 mbs.. Why are you making is sound as if all plans are limited to 3 mbs?

Any site which has Sprint ranked other than last is an absolute joke.
    He is an idiot, but I have seen some ridiculous Sprint speed test. Doesn't mean anything to me though as you have to have and maintain service to realize these speeds. I am considering snagging one of their free unlimited lines before it ends. Would love to cut out my huge Cox bill every month by making them a hotspot.

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

Cricket just texted me a video telling me how to turn on WiFi WTF

or you could look at the latest rootmetrics data. In my city (Seattle) AT&T did well. Sprint was dead last, as it always has been for the last few years.

I wonder to what degree AT&T’s poor showing here with Ookla has to do with people running speed tests on 3Mbps capped plans.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-410
    Feedback Score
    I have heard the exact opposite from an AT&T engineer who told me the capacity is not constrained in most markets. The markets with constraints was already constrained before ULD. The capacity for AT&T is expanding nationwide because of FirstNet.

AT&T will have to make major investments in new equipment with or without unlimited plans because 5G deployment requires the investment. All cell providers will have to make the investment in 5G deployment.
    Everything I've seen is that AT&T has the most available licensed spectrum available per person on average among the big four. Obviously, they haven't built everything everywhere, and there's still the consideration of congestion in some urban areas versus most rural towers that are completely clear. We've seen things like Band 30 deployed and Band 5 refarmed (but not everywhere, as that capacity isn't needed). All carriers are facing these kind of challenges, and dealing with them in slightly different ways and time frames. Still, I suspect the Speedtest numbers being skewed by 3Mbps plans on both AT&T postpaid, AT&T Prepaid, and Cricket are possible.

My view has always been for everyone to use whatever provider that provides the best service for your needs and location. As easy as it is to crack jokes about Sprint's mismanagement, I know people in some markets that have amazing Sprint service and are getting it for a great price. It sounds like our resident Cricket-hater actually has service through Xfinity Mobile, and if that's working for him/her, great. Although ripping on AT&T from a pro-Comcast viewpoint sort of takes the sting out of it, no?

There's plenty to rip on AT&T about, especially in the area of some plans, home internet services, being difficult about BYOD VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling, but wireless infrastructure as a whole is an area that they seem pretty competent.

Device(s)
    boost warp 4g
    Carrier(s)
    virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    I got the same message too. I'm using a att s7 edge on cricket

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    is this the message everyone is getting ?? - https://www.cricketwireless.com/supp...i-manager.html

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    Everything I've seen is that AT&T has the most available licensed spectrum available per person on average among the big four. Obviously, they haven't built everything everywhere, and there's still the consideration of congestion in some urban areas versus most rural towers that are completely clear. We've seen things like Band 30 deployed and Band 5 refarmed (but not everywhere, as that capacity isn't needed). All carriers are facing these kind of challenges, and dealing with them in slightly different ways and time frames. Still, I suspect the Speedtest numbers being skewed by 3Mbps plans on both AT&T postpaid, AT&T Prepaid, and Cricket are possible.

My view has always been for everyone to use whatever provider that provides the best service for your needs and location. As easy as it is to crack jokes about Sprint's mismanagement, I know people in some markets that have amazing Sprint service and are getting it for a great price. It sounds like our resident Cricket-hater actually has service through Xfinity Mobile, and if that's working for him/her, great. Although ripping on AT&T from a pro-Comcast viewpoint sort of takes the sting out of it, no?

There's plenty to rip on AT&T about, especially in the area of some plans, home internet services, being difficult about BYOD VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling, but wireless infrastructure as a whole is an area that they seem pretty competent.
    Agreed. A valid complaint would be AT&T not deploying their spectrum in congested markets. I have always used cell service which covers the areas I travel. I am not one to use a 2nd phone except when I buy a local SIM when traveling internationally.

I have relatives who use Sprint because they do not travel frequently and they mostly use wifi.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2