Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: How much data have you used on your Unlimited Plan?

Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BentleyBeard View Post
    My plan expires on the 18th of this month, after then I will only use them when I need it, or would like to, for instance when I travel.
    Understood. I just couldn't imagine carrying something around with me that works as badly as what you've got.

Sent from my SM-G935U using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by weskeene View Post
    Understood. I just couldn't imagine carrying something around with me that works as badly as what you've got.

What is the most data you have used

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone X🅂, Galaxy S20+ 5G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Oh for sure. I canít believe Iíve had them active since May 2017. Iíll give them until the end of this year, and if they still canít pull their head out from behind, I will just end up canceling my service.
    - Bentley

AT&T's commercial 4G network, with LAA-LTE.

Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dandn1321 View Post
    What is the most data you have used

Like 36GB or something like that.

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The most I ever used was 100 gigabytes

Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Oh for sure. I canít believe Iíve had them active since May 2017. Iíll give them until the end of this year, and if they still canít pull their head out from behind, I will just end up canceling my service.
    I'm very portable. I use unlocked devices and every service is in a continuous probationary period with me. They've got a few years to show me they mean business. AT&T had me for a while. But they can't hang in rural TN where I take road trips. So now I get that with Verizon. But in a couple years, even they won't be safe.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

How much data have you used on your Unlimited Plan?

I'm very portable. I use unlocked devices and every service is in a continuous probationary period with me. They've got a few years to show me they mean business. AT&T had me for a while. But they can't hang in rural TN where I take road trips. So now I get that with Verizon. But in a couple years, even they won't be safe.

Ah I see. I too use all Unlocked devices. Here in Oklahoma, itís a totally different story. Itís basically AT&T or nothing. US Cellular also has a decent presence in rural areas.

T-Mobile Iíve seen has also been gaining quite a bit of momentum. Still hard to beat AT&T having 35 MHz deployed on LTE in some parts of Northeastern OK.

But, so far the B13 situation has not changed at all. In fact, it has gotten even worse. Just after Verizon updated my home serving cell in September 2017, I could pull 55 Mbps, now I can barely get 20 Mbps while I am near it.

Verizon seems to be focusing a lot on 3XCA sites, which are only in the city and more populated areas. AT&T has launched 2XCA and 3XCA across the state, including in rural areas. So this plus their decent density is what gives them a significant edge over Verizon.

Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Ah I see. I too use all Unlocked devices. Here in Oklahoma, itís a totally different story. Itís basically AT&T or nothing. US Cellular also has a decent presence in rural areas.

T-Mobile Iíve seen has also been gaining quite a bit of momentum. Still hard to beat AT&T having 35 MHz deployed on LTE in some parts of Northeastern OK.

But, so far the B13 situation has not changed at all. In fact, it has gotten even worse. Just after Verizon updated my home serving cell in September 2017, I could pull 55 Mbps, now I can barely get 20 Mbps while I am near it.

Verizon seems to be focusing a lot on 3XCA sites, which are only in the city and more populated areas. AT&T has launched 2XCA and 3XCA across the state, including in rural areas. So this plus their decent density is what gives them a significant edge over Verizon.
    Here we have 13 and 4 on almost all rural sites. That's 60MHz total. In the metro, about 65% of sites also have band 2, so 70MHz total. If you care about coverage, AT&T and VZW are your only choices.

T-Mobile is gaining strength here, but in real weird ways. I found what I can only pray is a temporary TMO site in some dude's front yard up on the ridge. I kid you not. Some guy has a COW for them in his yard. It's like your drunk uncle built a network. Still, it's fun to play on an unloaded network. No one uses them here, so you've pretty much got it to yourself. They've got an uphill battle. The duopoly has about a 2.5:1 serving cell advantage on them, and it shows.

I really want only the best things for them. We need more competition.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Here we have 13 and 4 on almost all rural sites. That's 60MHz total. In the metro, about 65% of sites also have band 2, so 70MHz total. If you care about coverage, AT&T and VZW are your only choices.

T-Mobile is gaining strength here, but in real weird ways. I found what I can only pray is a temporary TMO site in some dude's front yard up on the ridge. I kid you not. Some guy has a COW for them in his yard. It's like your drunk uncle built a network. Still, it's fun to play on an unloaded network. No one uses them here, so you've pretty much got it to yourself. They've got an uphill battle. The duopoly has about a 2.5:1 serving cell advantage on them, and it shows.

I really want only the best things for them. We need more competition.

I would love to see Verizon finish their B4 rollout here. Fingers crossed lol! That is interesting about T-Mobile, I have seen them do similar things here too. There is a COW in what seems a person's backyard down in Norman. I must say though, they are doing an excellent job here and have overcome AT&T around Oklahoma City-proper in terms of speed, which RootMetrics reflects. But still like you mentioned, AT&T and/or VZW is the saving grace for rural America.

AT&T and T-Mobile have similar density in Oklahoma City.. I would say a 3:1 advantage over Verizon.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I would love to see Verizon finish their B4 rollout here. Fingers crossed lol! That is interesting about T-Mobile, I have seen them do similar things here too. There is a COW in what seems a person's backyard down in Norman. I must say though, they are doing an excellent job here and have overcome AT&T around Oklahoma City-proper in terms of speed, which RootMetrics reflects. But still like you mentioned, AT&T and/or VZW is the saving grace for rural America.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using HoFo mobile app
    Yeah they're definitely the UNcarrier in terms of properly locating a cell site. It's bizarre as hell.

Anyway, their speeds are insane if you can manage to get a good signal. And the duopoly should find out who they get their fiber through, because the pings are insanely low.

But until they figure out how to get mounted on actual sites, people will have two choices in my area. If they really care about rural coverage...they've got one.

Device(s)
    iPhones, Samsung, Motorola.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Something to think about

What does a thread such as this one accomplish?

Is there something good, useful or intelligent about posting usage?

Is there a potential downside of having lots of posts indicating a high utilization of an inherently shared and limited resource?

Now that net neutrality is gone, and competition will not be defended via the current FCC, what kinds of threats will we be seeing soon?

-Dan
    ---
    http://pages.uoregon.edu/dalbrich
    Eugene, OR -- Pacific Northwest

Feedback Score
    You people have a SERIOUS addiction to your phones .... I barely break 1 gig per month
    ------ No cell phone, No Tablet, No internet, No Computer, No Facebook ------
    -------------------- HOW LONG WILL YOU LAST -----------------------
    The Problem With Government:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2ZPvqkzqeg
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think for themselves to see the lies & deception brought to them for a false reality

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by -banned- View Post
    You people have a SERIOUS addiction to your phones .... I barely break 1 gig per month
    Iíll admit it...Iím a chain phone user (Like a chain smoker). Itís a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I know for sure that T-Mobile gets their fiber from AT&T and Level3 (recently purchased by CenturyLink) in Oklahoma and Kansas. Agreed -- site locations are VERY peculiar. Guess it will do for now, but they need to figure out some permanent locations, rather than someone's backyard.

Judging from T-Mobile's own coverage map, it doesn't seem they are all that dense in Chattanooga, or even TN as a whole. They are very dense in Oklahoma City, but as usual, rural areas are a mess.

Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I know for sure that T-Mobile gets their fiber from AT&T and Level3 (recently purchased by CenturyLink) in Oklahoma and Kansas. Agreed -- site locations are VERY peculiar. Guess it will do for now, but they need to figure out some permanent locations, rather than someone's backyard.

Judging from T-Mobile's own coverage map, it doesn't seem they are all that dense in Chattanooga, or even TN as a whole. They are very dense in Oklahoma City, but as usual, rural areas are a mess.
    Definitely not dense here at all. It works, don't get me wrong. But you can get "No Service" in suburbs. It would be more of a problem for them here if they had an increase in the number of customers. But it's a chicken and egg thing, I suppose.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast