Thread: My Android keeps sending me the same text message

Feedback Score

My Android keeps sending me the same text message

I have an Android phone. Several months ago I ordered something from a company, and when the product shipped, they sent me a text. I read it and then deleted it as usual, but then I got the same message again, and again, and again. I contacted the company and asked them to please stop sending me that same message, but they said they only sent it once, and never again. It then became apparent that my phone was sending me this old message, as if the message got stuck in the MMS system somehow, and it keeps sending it, I keep deleting it, and it then resends it, like a broken record. This has never happened with any other text message. Is this a virus that is causing this? Can this be fixed?

Feedback Score
    If you don't delete it, does it still get resent to your phone ? Maybe try that after waiting 60 days hopefully it will expire from the MMS server and not get resent to your phone. Just an idea to try unless someone has a better suggestion.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Try clearing the cache of your SMS/MMS app
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition - Huawei P20 Pro

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by controlvoice View Post
    I have an Android phone. Several months ago I ordered something from a company, and when the product shipped, they sent me a text. I read it and then deleted it as usual, but then I got the same message again, and again, and again. I contacted the company and asked them to please stop sending me that same message, but they said they only sent it once, and never again. It then became apparent that my phone was sending me this old message, as if the message got stuck in the MMS system somehow, and it keeps sending it, I keep deleting it, and it then resends it, like a broken record. This has never happened with any other text message. Is this a virus that is causing this? Can this be fixed?
    That sounds more like an issue with your provider than with the phone, who is your carrier?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Just add it the reject list.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a hypersensitive psychopathic dictator having complete power, obsessively suppressing criticism, regimenting industry & commerce. Emboldening racism & aggressive nationalism.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 01.23.19
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.20.19
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 12.15.18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TadMorose View Post
    Try clearing the cache of your SMS/MMS app
    I checked that app, and there's no data in the cache. Should I try clearing the actual MMS app data? I'm a little hesitant to try that, I've done that before with apps, to create more storage space, and I think that made my phone go sort of haywire for a while.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No, don't delete the data as that will delete all of your messages. I think the issue is not with the phone, but with your carrier. Have you tried asking them to look into it?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Have you tried re-inserting your sim card? If the problem is with your carrier then the best course of action is just get in touch with them directly.