Thread: Question for Cricket Group Admin w/strangers:

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score

Question for Cricket Group Admin w/strangers:

For someone that administers a Cricket group that may have some strangers.

I just came back to Cricket and hopefully for the long run this time. So I'm interested in joining a group to literally cut my Unlimited 2 plan bill in half. Keeping present phone number.

My concern is, I have $55 credit on hand and am also due to receive an additional $50 porting bonus credit in a month or so(text from Cricket confirmation).

If I join a group right now, does the above present any significant complications for admin? I mean as far as ensuring that "I" am the beneficiary of the credits.

Anyone ever dealt with such? Should I just wait until these credits are used up before joining group?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my Z982 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gwite View Post
    For someone that administers a Cricket group that may have some strangers.

I just came back to Cricket and hopefully for the long run this time. So I'm interested in joining a group to literally cut my Unlimited 2 plan bill in half. Keeping present phone number.

My concern is, I have $55 credit on hand and am also due to receive an additional $50 porting bonus credit in a month or so(text from Cricket confirmation).

If I join a group right now, does the above present any significant complications for admin? I mean as far as ensuring that "I" am the beneficiary of the credits.

Anyone ever dealt with such? Should I just wait until these credits are used up before joining group?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Fairly sure they don't transfer. If they do it'll be community and you'll need to tell the admin that you added those credits.

Don't you have any real friends? I personally wouldn't join a group of strangers. Especially not if I had any attachment to my number.

Feedback Score
    FWIW, I joined an anonymous 5-member group well over a year ago; everything runs great. The admin easily applied all my credits/rewards at the beginning, which covered several months at the discounted group rate for me. Before you sign up on any group, just ask the group admin (via PM or text) how they will handle your credits.
    Please enter password to view this signature.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
    Fairly sure they don't transfer. If they do it'll be community and you'll need to tell the admin that you added those credits.

Don't you have any real friends? I personally wouldn't join a group of strangers. Especially not if I had any attachment to my number.
    Thanks. Not at all attached to the number(after all credits come in and are used).

My permanent number is a $10/yr Tmo legacy prepaid.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgooter View Post
    FWIW, I joined an anonymous 5-member group well over a year ago; everything runs great. The admin easily applied all my credits/rewards at the beginning, which covered several months at the discounted group rate for me. Before you sign up on any group, just ask the group admin (via PM or text) how they will handle your credits.
    Thanks. Yeah, I checked with one respondent at Reddit and I guess he/she was inexperienced with incoming credit matters. Wasn't so sure about his answer about the credits. He wasn't sure if credit would transfer, so he said.

That's what led me to post for advice.

Feedback Score
    Your current $55 account credit and more line merge credit will show up in the group account, assuming you have a single line account right now. If the group admin can not handle your credits and your incoming $50 port-in bonus credit, it will be better to find another group admin. The group admin will create and share a google sheet which shows credits for every line. You don't have to pay monthly fees if your credit is more than $50. The admin will just deduct $25 every month from your credit until only $25 left which is your security deposit. I have seen groups with over $1000 credit added during big sales on refill cards. A group with lots of credit is a very stable group.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zubrin View Post
    Your current $55 account credit and more line merge credit will show up in the group account, assuming you have a single line account right now. If the group admin can not handle your credits and your incoming $50 port-in bonus credit, it will be better to find another group admin. The group admin will create and share a google sheet which shows credits for every line. You don't have to pay monthly fees if your credit is more than $50. The admin will just deduct $25 every month from your credit until only $25 left which is your security deposit. I have seen groups with over $1000 credit added during big sales on refill cards. A group with lots of credit is a very stable group.
    Yes, that's the kind of group/admin I'm hoping to join. Hope it's not too hard to find one.

Thanks.

Last edited by gwite; 01-19-2018 at 12:25 PM.

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-tmb rugby 3
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Jmo, but these "administrators" typically aren't making anything for putting these groups together, and are typically just trying to assemble a group so that each member and the administrator saves what $20 or so per month.
    So the concensious here is this unpaid administrator is expected to spend considerable time with customer care performing thankless tasks such as the above.

In reality, while the above can be done, it's been my experience this type of person is most of the time more trouble than members who simply want to share a plan, and pay on time and typically don't offer to compensate for the extra time necessary. This type of member will have you perform this task, and others, and then be the first one to leave the group when the next better potential deal comes alone.
    Last edited by plane; 01-19-2018 at 06:34 PM.

Feedback Score
    The admin should just apply your credits to your portion of the bill. You'd obviously need to verify that with them ahead of time.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kilcher2 View Post
    The admin should just apply your credits to your portion of the bill. You'd obviously need to verify that with them ahead of time.
    Yes of course, if the credits transfer easily, and that may be the present case, dunno, as the last one I did took about An hour, but that was an year ago. Individuals info about this could just call cs and ask instead of being critical of both those wanting to share, and members who give their time for no gain, to administer these groups.

Also, if you don't want to join a group, then don't do it, rather than give a thousand reasons why not to. Really the only real issue I've had were the guys who can't remember to pay on time(solution, refundable deposit) and the issues caused by the group price change a couple of months ago, which thankfully was resolved.
    Last edited by plane; 01-19-2018 at 06:27 PM.

Feedback Score
    Didn't want to alter what I previously said, I was not aware credits transferred.

Feedback Score
    Last time I put a group together was 11 days ago. 4 lines for $100 unlimited 2 plan. 4 lines activated independently on the same day of merge. One line used two $40 refill cards and 3 other lines purchased discounted phones with $55 plan. After the merge, a total of $245 credit came in, minus $100 monthly fee, there was $145 account credit in the account. So I can confirm that credit was transferred. If a line was moved from another multi-line account, no credit will be transferred. All credit will stay with the previous account.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Last time I put a group together was 11 days ago. 4 lines for $100 unlimited 2 plan. 4 lines activated independently on the same day of merge. One line used two $40 refill cards and 3 other lines purchased discounted phones with $55 plan. After the merge, a total of $245 credit came in, minus $100 monthly fee, there was $145 account credit in the account. So I can confirm that credit was transferred. If a line was moved from another multi-line account, no credit will be transferred. All credit will stay with the previous account.
    I believe the op's question had to do with existing account credits, which have numerous threads saying they would not transfer. This may or may not be true, but I've done it twice in the past. To the op it's beyond the control of an administrator to determine crickets current day policy, which imo, has gradually improved. One might also question the wisdom of accumulating credits without thinking as to whether transferring such credits would be allowed by cricket, and then blaming sometime someone else for their own actions. Again the op has sort of crashed created a conundrum, in that not only does his account have an existing credit, but a supposed future credit. So the most careful plan should would be to wait
    Which really won't take long, as he's paying $50/mt rather than $25.
    I would assume using current credits would be accepted for newly formed accounts, as this has nothing to do with a transfer credit.

Assuming credits are accurately transferred in an efficient manner by cricket, and the future credits are assigned to the op's number, which they are, then the credit for them is rather straightforward. Assuming!

You folks who are sitting around thinking, might also want to think about the rumor here that the ul2 offer will end soon, which persuaded me to change, and thus far it appears to be one of the best moves I've made, and I refer to black surfers comments, finding everything he wrote to be accurate.

You can argue about the group thing, and sky high credits,etc, but personally,I wouldn't take a chance about missing this deal.On the other hand, the 5/$100 plan apparently was introduced just as I joined cricket almost 3 years ago and was described as a temp offer . Who knows?
    Last edited by plane; 01-19-2018 at 08:00 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    It's up to cricket to make a credit transfer, the administrator can only request such.

Have you actually done one of these transfers?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    It's up to cricket to make a credit transfer, the administrator can only request such.

Have you actually done one of these transfers?
    Yes. I did this numerous times. I remember there was one guy abandoned by his team mates who jumped ship to Sprint 1 year free plan and he brought in $245 credit to the new group. Before chatting with online agent to merge the line, take a few minutes collecting data and do some homework and estimate how much will be the new bill amount and how much will be the account credit after the merge. If there is a big discrepancy and the agent just gives you vague answer, escalate to floor supervisor immediately and resolve the issue.