Thread: Help with J700P Recovery (VMU) flashing Marshmallow 6.0.1

Device(s)
    SM-J700PZWAVMU
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

Help with J700P Recovery (VMU) flashing Marshmallow 6.0.1

I recently enabled updates on my Galaxy SM-J700PZWAVMU (Virgin Mobile Galazy J7) and was hit with the Nougat 7.1.1 H-bomb.
    I am looking to downgrade to Marshallow 6.0.1 Security Update -WITHOUT- using Microsoft Windows.

I spent several days trying to locate the stock ROM image (SPR-J700PVPS1AQF3)?? and after beating open a suspicious zip file, there were a bunch of sketchy files inside with no instructions as to which partition the images belonged in, what they were for, or what order they were to be flashed. There was also a boot image and other files included (no readme). I am finding that ALL flashing guides skip this part, and fail to mention wether or not the device must be rooted, and wether the root must be a system root.

I have installed Heimdall, along with Heimdall-Frontend, after much work on my Debian 8 (Jessie) OS. It does not indicate which file type it requires, or which partition it is to be written to. It will not accept any of the img files in the stock ROM package I downloaded. My phone is not rooted (after a dozen attempts). All root software asked for temporary root, yet no software could deliver temp root. Apps like King Root have my phone on the list, but they dont work. TWRP creates a boot loop. I installed "Odin" for Linux haha, and to my absolute dismay.. I now have an MRI imaging computer (ODIN is for MRI magnetic resonance imaging machines) If I purchase Mobil Odin (I dont see my OS on the list) does it require root, and if so, are there detailed instructions available on how to root without a PC, and what type of root is?

My main problem here is a complete lack of information, and elusive firmware.

Can anyone link me to a factory ROM image which is not corrupt, and a guide which explains the flashing process in detail? or perhaps a legit ROM image which can be used with Heimdall, along with some partition help? I am familiar with drive geometry, boot sectors, and ext4 partitions. I would like the device with or without root, running Marshmallow (modified copy is ok)

Phone: SM-J700PZWAVMU (Virgin Mobile Galazy J7)
    Desired ROM: SPR-J700PVPS1AQF3
    Carrier: VMU

Current ROM update: NMF26X.J700PVPU2BQJ2
    Current Radio: J700PVPU2BQJ2
    Qcom Chipset
    Processor: 1.4GHz Octa-Core
    Ram: 2 GB

Thank you!!

Device(s)
    SM-J700PZWAVMU
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Name:  snapshot15.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  209.1 KB

This is the ROM image I downloaded. It has a system, cache and boot image along with several mdn files
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Device(s)
    MOTO X PLAY
    Carrier(s)
    USA
    Feedback Score
    Hey don't you find on samsung official website ? go to official site, and click on "Firmware" tab, and then enter your device model, and download STOCK ROM, and then flash with Odin software