Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: iPhone 6S and 6S Plus hit AT&T Prepaid!

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score

iPhone 6S and 6S Plus hit AT&T Prepaid!

Now available on AT&T's Prepaid website, the iPhone 6S and 6S plus.

iPhone 6S Price: $299.99 + $45 Account credit = $344.99. Link: https://www.att.com/cellphones/iphon...sku=sku8700285

iPhone 6S plus: $399.99 + $45 Account Credit = $444.99. Link: https://www.att.com/cellphones/iphon...sku=sku8700323

*Note 1: 6 Months of Active AT&T Prepaid or Postpaid service required before both iPhone's can be unlocked.

*Note 2: Currently only Available on AT&T's Prepaid website at this time.

*Note 3: This phone is locked to AT&T out of the box but can work without an unlock required on AT&T Prepaid/Postpaid, H2O, Cricket, Red Pocket(GSMA), Straight Talk(AT&T), Tracfone(AT&T).
    Last edited by Vicpdx17; 01-24-2018 at 05:10 AM.
    Home Entertainment: Xfinity Extreme Pro Internet with up to 400 Megs Per Second Download speed and Xfinity TV with 160+ Channels on a Xfinity Double Play.

Landline: Google Voice

Mobile Entertainment: AT&T Prepaid as primary, Sprint Free One Year Promo as Secondary.

Device(s)
    Samsung GS7, LG Volt, Nokia 6350
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM, Tello, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Can the phone be on ANY AT&T Prepaid plan for 6 months to unlock, or does it have to be on one of the monthly plans? (Can I put the phone on $2/day or PAYGO for the entire 6 months, which would cost $25 * 2 to unlock?)

Also, that bundle $45 credit doesn't have to be initially applied to $45 monthly plan, right? It looks like it is just an account credit, which means it can be applied to whichever plan you want.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 Duos
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoose View Post
    Can the phone be on ANY AT&T Prepaid plan for 6 months to unlock, or does it have to be on one of the monthly plans? (Can I put the phone on $2/day or PAYGO for the entire 6 months, which would cost $25 * 2 to unlock?)

Also, that bundle $45 credit doesn't have to be initially applied to $45 monthly plan, right? It looks like it is just an account credit, which means it can be applied to whichever plan you want.

If it's like other prepaid phones I've purchased from AT&T, six months elapsed time of continuous service is all that is required for the unlock. So technically the $2/day plan should be fine. However, you may want to call in to ask.

Feedback Score
    So whats the news here? Old phones that are overpriced?

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoose View Post

Yes, the $2 plan works for an unlock. But you'll probably need 2 x $25 + $10 to meet the full 6 months instead of 180 days.

Feedback Score
    I thought you could unlock a gophone by not activating it and submitting for an unlock right away

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boitoy1996 View Post
    I thought you could unlock a gophone by not activating it and submitting for an unlock right away
    That stopped working sometime in early 2017

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosaic55 View Post
    That stopped working sometime in early 2017
    Aww, well it was only a matter of time before at&t figured it out. But there are eBay services that will unlock an iPhone for you no matter what the IMEI status.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Aww, well it was only a matter of time before at&t figured it out. But there are eBay services that will unlock an iPhone for you no matter what the IMEI status.
    At least the first 3 I looked up on eBay can't unlock if prepaid (without 6 months service), under contract, in use on another account, etc.
    Overly complicated cell phone service. Unlimited with iPhone X. Low cost plan on other national network with iPhone 7+. And a real cheap pay per use plan for "home number" with Moto E4. Combination of best chance for coverage when traveling, and a home replacement number to give out when I don't want to give out my primary cell phone.

Feedback Score
    the request to unlock is sent to apple servers, there are no codes to punch in.
    the ebay unlocking services are mostly scams.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    the request to unlock is sent to apple servers, there are no codes to punch in.
    the ebay unlocking services are mostly scams.
    Essentially, if you can unlock the ATT iPhone yourself, the third party service can do it too.

Feedback Score
    Your post is completely false which is typical of Apple fan bashing.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrygeorge View Post
    what about the new apple phones like iPhone X
    You can buy them full retail and then insert the AT&T Prepaid sim.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Pay Apple full price to avoid the flexible locking policy at several retailers such as Best Buy.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Droid Turbo 2, Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Changes often
    Feedback Score
    So whats the news here? Old phones that are overpriced?
    If it’s more than you can afford that’s understood but 299.99 for an iPhone 6s isn’t a horrible deal.

There will never be an iPhone that will compete price wise with a 49.00 Android

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast