Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score

Question Free Phone from the Apple Store Unlocked?

I am taking my iPhone5S which I got unlocked from Boost Mobile a while ago, to use on my current carrier Tag Mobile. So tomorrow I am taking my phone in to get a new battery replacement, sadly it did not qualify for the $30 plan, only the iPhoneSE and up qualify for that deal. Any other device have to pay $80. Anyway when I made my appointment to get this set up, last week, to bring my phone in for this week, the guy who helped me, told me that if they cannot open the phone to put the new battery in, or something happens. I will get a new phone FREE. But will their NEW phone if they do give me one, if anything happens to my iPhone5S, will it be unlocked?

Phone
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    If your current phone is unlocked, a replacement will also be unlocked. I took my iPhone 5 to Apple for battery replacement. It was initially locked, but I had paid the carrier to unlock it. Apple was unable to get the battery out, so gave me a new phone. It was unlocked.

Just to be sure, if they do replace your phone, remind them that it should be unlocked.

Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm943 View Post
    If your current phone is unlocked, a replacement will also be unlocked. I took my iPhone 5 to Apple for battery replacement. It was initially locked, but I had paid the carrier to unlock it. Apple was unable to get the battery out, so gave me a new phone. It was unlocked.

Just to be sure, if they do replace your phone, remind them that it should be unlocked.
    Oh cool, I will keep that in mind then. Thanks for the tip, so did they give you a new iPhone5 or updated to a 6?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm943 View Post

Why would they not be able to get the battery out? Lots of small iPhone repair shops do this routinely.

Phone
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    Some batteries are glued so tight it’s impossible to take out without damaging the phone.
    Cheap calling cards now available! Click here!

Phone
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by napy666 View Post
    Oh cool, I will keep that in mind then. Thanks for the tip, so did they give you a new iPhone5 or updated to a 6?
    A new iPhone 5. Two months old according to the coconutBattery app. That was in December 2016. I don't think they handle the iPhone 5 anymore.