Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Rogers Now Has 20mhz lte B43 and B42 In Vancouver

https://imgur.com/a/Cq9KD

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceclutch View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/Cq9KD
    Sorry, I'm such a noobie, but what does this mean for us? I'm really interested and if it's a good thing, how do I take advantage of it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The reason I ask is that where I am in Vancouver, I have pretty crappy signal and I'm pretty close to jumping ship and head to Telus because everyone I know who have signal in his building has Telus.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Rogers Now Has 20mhz lte B43 and B42 In Vancouver

Quote Originally Posted by Coliveros View Post
    The reason I ask is that where I am in Vancouver, I have pretty crappy signal and I'm pretty close to jumping ship and head to Telus because everyone I know who have signal in his building has Telus.

Will be useless for you if your signal is already weak/non-existent. B42/43 are in the 3500-3700 MHz space which has limited range and poor penetration capability. Plus your device has to support it. Not sure how many currently do.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, OnePlus One, Moto E 2nd gen.
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for copying my images without any credits whatsoever and not even a link to the original thread on the Bell forum.

You can't register on it with any Rogers consumer cellular account. Only a subset of Bell accounts can.

This also isn't 20MHz nor Rogers exclusive spectrum. Its at least 4-5 20MHz B43 and 42 carriers that broadcast both a Rogers and Bell PLMN.

Feedback Score
    Not only what zivan said, but none of this is new. It's been deployed for years.
    Want to learn more about how LTE works?
    https://productioncommunity.publicmo...ls/td-p/130581

Feedback Score
    I’m not too much into this tech stuff, but what does this mean exactly? What’s b42
    And b43 even mean? Also how do I check what bands my phone uses iPhone X?

Feedback Score
    Band 42 and 43 are used for TDD LTE by Inukshuk (Bell + Rogers) and it's basically useless for now on phones in Canada.

There's a possibility of 5G being deployed on these bands in the future.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I wonder how much Rogers are paying the OP to shill them. Ever since he appeared on this forum, it's been nothing but praise for Rogers and their network. Sadly, this forum has been in bed with carriers for a long time and won't do anything about it. They are getting paid too.
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition

Feedback Score
    I used to be with Rogers from 2001 up until June 2017 and they're network had significantly dropped around North York area. I live and work around yonge and sheppard area and their reception both for call and data is just horrible. I'm so happy I've switched to another network.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk