Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Can someone else confirm Verizon to stop activation of non HD voice devices 7/1/18 ?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    We haven't heard word one from PPC about their intentions for the Standard Plan with these network changes in mind. I would speculate though and say it'd be highly unusual for VZW to finally announce a hard date for the shutdown of the old networks, then PPC waiting until close to that date and announce to their customers that, sorry, your plans are ending, your balances will now go away, no more Standard Plan, no service for you. Unusual and generating very bad business vibes, but you know, I wouldn't put it past them. It's a bridge that I don't think has ever been encountered in the cell phone business, so it remains to be seen how it'll be dealt with.
    I'd guess that there's little chance that PPC will say "sorry, your plans are ending, your balances will now go away". It seems more likely to me, IF the Standard plan is going away, they will say you will keep your cash balance, but will need to move to a monthly plan with an LTE phone, the least of which is currently $12/mo on PPC.

IF PPC doesn't update the Standard Plan to include LTE devices, I would also be surprised if PPC would do anything until 12/2019, except close the Standard Plan to new activations IF Vzw follows the announced timeline of preventing any new non-VoLTE devices from being activated after the previously announced date of 06/2018.

I also won't blame PPC for delaying any kind of announcement, until they are 100% sure that Vzw will actually be following it's previously announced timeline regarding the use on non-VoLTE devices on its network.

That's all just my opinion/guess...

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Yes, the time between 06/2018 and the end of 2019 will be a serious period of 'withering on the vine' for the Standard Plan, if nothing else changes. And the VZW statement in the 2016 Fierce Wireless article still makes the end date wishy-washy, saying they'll go into 2020 for any of their customers that need to (although this article is almost two years old; there may have been updated statements). I can't see PPC not making an announcement in June this year. Otherwise (if they're keeping their house tidy) they'll need to clear all the Standard Plan verbiage/pages off their website, as they won't be taking any new customers there. There has to be some communication to existing users of that service level.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE, LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b, ZTE 222
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    TF Inc. has been mum on this issue in regard to all their Subsidiaries that offer VZW service.
    Unlike many TF Inc. Subs in recent weeks and now months, TF Inc. not showing much love to their TF service customers.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    IF PPC doesn't update the Standard Plan to include LTE devices, I would also be surprised if PPC would do anything until 12/2019, except close the Standard Plan to new activations IF Vzw follows the announced timeline of preventing any new non-VoLTE devices from being activated after the previously announced date of 06/2018.
    I think this would be the most logical step for them. Why piss off the existing customer base that still uses the paygo plans. Those still on 3g plans next year will have to decide to either forfeit their balance and take service elsewhere or migrate to a 4g plan. Given PP hasn't offered a paygo lte plan yet, I doubt they will in the future. They want profitable customers....

Feedback Score

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    There are Verizon LTE flip phones.
    (Exalt, DuraXV, and Cadence are all available in LTE versions)

The PPC annual plan is a different matter.
    They might add an LTE annual plan and other Pay-Go options or you may have to look elsewhere (Selectel? Boom? Puppy? Red Pocket?)
    Never heard of those 4 wireless companies, a treasure trove! Great rates! Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Motorola G no longer supported.Name:  Screenshot_20180701-235006.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  75.2 KB

Carrier(s)
    BOOM! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    My S4 still shows as compatible... LTE non VoLTE device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTE4G View Post
    Motorola G no longer supported.
    On Vzw directly, yes. That was expected, based on the Vzw announcements. But if the ESN was clear for activation on 6/30/18, it should remain clear for activation on Vzw MVNOs until 12/31/18.

Was that Moto G originally a Vzw device? It wasn't originally a Boost (or other) phone, was it?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pclover View Post
    My S4 still shows as compatible... LTE non VoLTE device.
    Hmmm...that was NOT expected! Did you check that S4 on the Vzw website directly? If yes, I wonder if Vzw has some way to update that S4 to have VoLTE compatibility if you go to activate it? Just thinking out loud...

Carrier(s)
    BOOM! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Hmmm...that was NOT expected! Did you check that S4 on the Vzw website directly? If yes, I wonder if Vzw has some way to update that S4 to have VoLTE compatibility if you go to activate it? Just thinking out loud...
    Yes directly on their site...

It's not going to see an update for VoLTE.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pclover View Post
    Yes directly on their site...

It's not going to see an update for VoLTE.
    Conflicting info compared to what LTE4G posted. UNLESS LTE4G really was talking about a Boost or other NON-Vzw Moto G.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Checked a gusto2 flip phone on vzw (verizonwireless.com/activate) came back good. Will check again in a week.

Feedback Score
    On Vzw directly, yes. That was expected, based on the Vzw announcements. But if the ESN was clear for activation on 6/30/18, it should remain clear for activation on Vzw MVNOs until 12/31/18.

Was that Moto G originally a Vzw device? It wasn't originally a Boost (or other) phone, was it?
    VZW original bright red boot logo and all....Name:  IMG_20180702_083638.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  33.6 KB

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ^^In the same screen, what's the XT number?

Edit: Actually, that may not be accurate as it's pulling it from the build.prop. The only way to know for sure is to get in to the bootloader screen. That will reveal the actual device model #.

I just ran 2 xt1028's (vzw moto g's) successfully through the vzw activate site.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE, LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b, ZTE 222
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Moto G is 3G only right? Verizon no longer allowing new 3G and non-VoLTE phone activations on its own branded services.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast