Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Red pocket account suspended, then suspended again at cycle date

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Red pocket account suspended, then suspended again at cycle date

We have a family member on their ebay gsma plan (1K min/text/data) activated in February of this year.

Four days ago (7/13) service stopped working and the account indicated suspended status on my.redpocket.com site. There was plenty of air time remaining in all buckets. I called in and they reinstated the account.

This morning service stopped working again. This time the account didn't renew properly (16th was the last day of the cycle). Red pocket is calling it a glitch in both cases. Not really an acceptable answer.

It's been rather reliable up until now.

Thoughts?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    They were reliable while I used Red Pocket on the Vzw network for 14+ months (1year eBay Standard Plan + 2+ months bonus given for an activation issue). Service was never interrupted in that time.

If I was still using Red Pocket, based on past reliability, I would stay with them, hoping that they fixed the issue, and hoping that it won't happen again.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I certainly hope so. We'll see if there are any more glitches between now and a month from now. Part of the appeal of these annual plans was the set it and forget convenience.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I have one of my relatives on red pocket Verizon's $20 plan and 3 days before her next cycle her calls stopped. She could get text but not calls. Had to call in to get calling fixed. They definitely have something weird going on.

Carrier(s)
    back on US Mobile for the time being
    Feedback Score
    No problems so far with the Essential plan, but I also hope they get the glitch fixed soon. This is how you lose customers.
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Another month, another account suspension at renewal date. This isn't going very well.... Sure they reinstate it when I call it but this should not be necessary on an annual plan.

Edit: Appears regular customer service can't reinstate the account now. A ticket was created resulting in loss of service until they get this fixed.

What the url for the fcc cell phone service complaints?
    Last edited by GPz1100; 08-18-2017 at 11:51 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    Another month, another account suspension at renewal date. This isn't going very well.... Sure they reinstate it when I call it but this should not be necessary on an annual plan.

Edit: Appears regular customer service can't reinstate the account now. A ticket was created resulting in loss of service until they get this fixed.

What the url for the fcc cell phone service complaints?
    https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

At least they don't take your money and give you nothing in return like Tracfone.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the link. Same one I came up with earlier but it looked like it was for wireline accounts, not cell/wireless. There's a selection further on when entering the complaint as to the type of provider it is.

This was my initial concern going with an annual plan on an mvno. It's a great deal until it stops working. Sadly we have another 6 months with them (2/2018). Not sure where we'll go then.

Update: Spent over an hour on the phone. They got it to where it's reinstated, at least through the end of today. They're telling me it will work over the weekend, but the expiration date is today's date. Not sure what will happen to the extra minutes when it cycles. Still not too thrilled about likely loss of service over the weekend.

What a [email protected]#

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    That's a shame, GPz1100!

It seems like maybe there's something wrong with your particular account, since there are no other recent complaints here.

I sure hope they can get it figured out so you can get the service you paid for without interruption and/or that the FCC can motivate Red Pocket to get it done if you file a complaint!

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I would recommend online chat before calling in.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Online chat has access to things the call center reps don't?

This is earlier today.

And now:
    Account Status:Active
    Account Plan:eBay Standard Plan
    Plan Expiration Date :August 18th, 2017
    Available Voice Minutes:1130
    Available Text Messages:1000
    Available High Speed Data (MB):469.91
    Available Reduced Speed Data (MB):500.00
    The normal expiration date on this account used to be the 16th of each month. One of several things will happen tomorrow.

1) Service will be suspended again
    2) The account will cycle properly
    3) The account won't cycle but won't suspend either

My money is on #1.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As expected, account was suspended this morning. Used chat to reinstate. Flush rinse repeat tomorrow..

Feedback Score
    This is why I just ported out of RP. Every single month I would have to call in and "reset" both mine and hubbys phone because every single month they would shut off despite being on auto renewal. Such a huge pain, and forget about calling!! OMG I swear I've spent hours and hours of my life on the phone with them. I finally just had enough. No one could even explain what was happening, they just always had to reset the accounts.

Feedback Score
    If they don't fix it I'd just port out and claim for a refund from paypal if redpocket won't give one. Having to constantly refresh it would drive me mad.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Getting compensation from paypal will be difficult. The plan was purchased back in november of last year when they had the promo but wasn't activated until feb 2017. We'll see what they're able to accomplish over the next few week days - apparently the dept (person?) that handles billing issues is off on weekends.

I suppose if I only had to contact them monthly that would be semi acceptable until the plan term ended. Then port out else where.

Just checked the paypal and ebay order detail pages. No options to make any disputes. Credit card co won't help either as it's been more than 6 months.

Edit: Contacted the credit card anyway. They say I can file a dispute up to a year from the date of purchase. Hopefully RP will resolve the issue before it gets to this point. I don't look forward to forwarding the number someplace, restarting service, etc.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast