Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Volte / Wifi Calling Update

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Volte / Wifi Calling Update

Anyone ? Any news? Last update was November saying launch imminent.

Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Do a quick search on the Koodo forums. You'll find that VoLTE is coming soon and WiFi calling happens after that.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    ^@cayaguy question was if there have been any updates. What you said doesn't answer his question. It's been at the coming soon stage for a long time. I would also like a Definite answer as to when it's coming.

Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jattdesi View Post
    ^@cayaguy question was if there have been any updates. What you said doesn't answer his question. It's been at the coming soon stage for a long time. I would also like a Definite answer as to when it's coming.
    Pardon me? The last response from Koodo was not very long ago saying that it's a two stage roll out. How is this not answering the op's question?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    ^Its been at the coming soon stage for close to a year. OP is looking for a Definite answer not 'coming soon'

Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jattdesi View Post
    ^Its been at the coming soon stage for close to a year. OP is looking for a Definite answer not 'coming soon'
    Again, that's the update Koodo posted on their forum not long ago. They can't give one so why expect anything else here. Sheesh!

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianf74 View Post
    Again, that's the update Koodo posted on their forum not long ago. They can't give one so why expect anything else here. Sheesh!
    Because sometimes there are those that have info and aren't constrained by normal company communications policy.
    Unlocked iPhone XS Max 256GB, Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    $60/10GB Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited international messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ceredon View Post
    Because sometimes there are those that have info and aren't constrained by normal company communications policy.
    Nobody shared last time. Or the time before that. Or now.

Pretty safe to say nobody's got the 411. Or they're not allowed to say anything.

So... Back to my first comment. I'm out.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianf74 View Post
    Nobody shared last time. Or the time before that. Or now.

Pretty safe to say nobody's got the 411. Or they're not allowed to say anything.

So... Back to my first comment. I'm out.
    Somebody has info. Obviously there is communications policy that doesn't allow them to say anything. And hence why asking again might help. Someone that doesn't feel constrained might actually answer.

That's the nice thing about rolling out features like this...when there is progress, we call that change. When things change, they aren't the same. Perfectly normal to ask for any updates after a period of time.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 32GB (iOS 12.0b4)
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I doubt we'll get any updates until it's ready. I think it's clear that they're working on it but it isn't a priority otherwise they would've released it by now. The sooner, the better.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    "Koodo VoLTE Access" just showed up as an Add-On on my account, for what it's worth.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by CorSter View Post
    "Koodo VoLTE Access" just showed up as an Add-On on my account, for what it's worth.
    Interesting. I don't see it under Add-Ons in my Self Serve. What plan are you on?
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition - Huawei P20 Pro

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 32GB (iOS 12.0b4)
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by CorSter View Post
    To my knowledge, that's been showing up on some people's accounts as early as June 2017. Likely even earlier. I think they're testing back-end stuff for provisioning VoLTE. Official word so far is that it's being tested. That was back in September 2017 and it came after an official statement in December 2016 about VoLTE and WiFi calling coming "Sometime in the new year [...]"

We're already in February 2018 and hopefully this will be the year they launch VoLTE and WiFi calling. It took Telus over a year to launch VoLTE in Ontario. They first launched it in BC back in April 2016. Then Ontario in May 2017. And WiFi calling for the iPhone came with iOS 10.3 in December 2016. I wonder if Koodo will launch both services together.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by TadMorose View Post
    Interesting. I don't see it under Add-Ons in my Self Serve. What plan are you on?
    10gb/$60 + Medium Tab - phone is an LG G6 sold by Koodo, so I expect having the feature added to my account has more to do with that than the plan itself. In any case, there's still no way to activate VoLTE on the phone itself so nothing has changed.

Device(s)
    Essential PH-1, Pixel XL, Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Nexus S
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo & Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I noticed VoLTE on my new Essential phone today, and was a bit surprised when I looked at the screen, and it stated "4G" on a call.
    Un-Rogered, and getting better 'value'.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast