Thread: Text Message problem

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score

Question Text Message problem

For some unknown my parents are not receiving my text messages... I am on VM and they are on AT&T... They have received text messages from me in the past but all of a sudden they now don't receive my texts... I receive text messages from them and I can ring there phone for voice, but they do not receive my texts... I can send and receive texts OK to all others on my contact list... Any clue if the problem is on my end or theirs?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gemstone View Post
    For some unknown my parents are not receiving my text messages... I am on VM and they are on AT&T... They have received text messages from me in the past but all of a sudden they now don't receive my texts... I receive text messages from them and I can ring there phone for voice, but they do not receive my texts... I can send and receive texts OK to all others on my contact list... Any clue if the problem is on my end or theirs?
    Can you send texts to yourself? Try to restart all your phones, often this is the easiest fix. Make sure nobody accidentally "blocked" your number in the SMS apps. Contact VM or ATT to see if there is an SMS outage in your areas.

SMS is very unreliable on all carriers, most people use apps like WhatsApp, Hangouts, Allo, Facebook Messenger etc. for reliable data-based messaging. I'd switch to one of them.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Did all of the above... No change... My mother went to an ATT store but they seemed to be clueless... One clue is a week ago I sent my mother about 11 pictures via text message... She only received 4 and that's when this problem seemed to start...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gemstone View Post
    Did all of the above... No change... My mother went to an ATT store but they seemed to be clueless... One clue is a week ago I sent my mother about 11 pictures via text message... She only received 4 and that's when this problem seemed to start...
    You might need to get in touch with higher level tech support at Virgin Mobile and ATT so they can diagnose the issue. Its possible ATT or Sprint flagged the number as spam and blocked the messages. The store reps can't diagnose anything, you're gonna need to make some phone calls.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    You might need to get in touch with higher level tech support at Virgin Mobile and ATT so they can diagnose the issue. Its possible ATT or Sprint flagged the number as spam and blocked the messages. The store reps can't diagnose anything, you're gonna need to make some phone calls.
    It was the AT&T phone. Somehow I was in her phone as spam. Weird. maybe she clicked on something wrong.