Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Text Message problem

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    94
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    0

    Question Text Message problem

    For some unknown my parents are not receiving my text messages... I am on VM and they are on AT&T... They have received text messages from me in the past but all of a sudden they now don't receive my texts... I receive text messages from them and I can ring there phone for voice, but they do not receive my texts... I can send and receive texts OK to all others on my contact list... Any clue if the problem is on my end or theirs?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,665
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gemstone View Post
    For some unknown my parents are not receiving my text messages... I am on VM and they are on AT&T... They have received text messages from me in the past but all of a sudden they now don't receive my texts... I receive text messages from them and I can ring there phone for voice, but they do not receive my texts... I can send and receive texts OK to all others on my contact list... Any clue if the problem is on my end or theirs?
    Can you send texts to yourself? Try to restart all your phones, often this is the easiest fix. Make sure nobody accidentally "blocked" your number in the SMS apps. Contact VM or ATT to see if there is an SMS outage in your areas.

    SMS is very unreliable on all carriers, most people use apps like WhatsApp, Hangouts, Allo, Facebook Messenger etc. for reliable data-based messaging. I'd switch to one of them.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    94
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    0
    Did all of the above... No change... My mother went to an ATT store but they seemed to be clueless... One clue is a week ago I sent my mother about 11 pictures via text message... She only received 4 and that's when this problem seemed to start...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,665
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gemstone View Post
    Did all of the above... No change... My mother went to an ATT store but they seemed to be clueless... One clue is a week ago I sent my mother about 11 pictures via text message... She only received 4 and that's when this problem seemed to start...
    You might need to get in touch with higher level tech support at Virgin Mobile and ATT so they can diagnose the issue. Its possible ATT or Sprint flagged the number as spam and blocked the messages. The store reps can't diagnose anything, you're gonna need to make some phone calls.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    94
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    You might need to get in touch with higher level tech support at Virgin Mobile and ATT so they can diagnose the issue. Its possible ATT or Sprint flagged the number as spam and blocked the messages. The store reps can't diagnose anything, you're gonna need to make some phone calls.
    It was the AT&T phone. Somehow I was in her phone as spam. Weird. maybe she clicked on something wrong.

Similar Threads

  1. Message Waiting Indicator/Text Messaging Problems
    By Xirc in forum TELUS Mobility
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-31-2002, 11:26 AM
  2. v60c and v120c text message problems
    By one028 in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-13-2002, 11:03 PM
  3. v60c and v120c text message problems
    By one028 in forum Motorola
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2002, 11:46 AM
  4. Text Messaging Problem
    By Cantley in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-21-2001, 04:31 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks