Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 30 of 30

Thread: iPhone 6S now on Cricket

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    576
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    I have found 49.99 Androids to be sub-par junk and far, far from solid. But, maybe your standards are lower. There is absolutely more value and choice in an Android without question.

    Do you think the Samsung Galaxy Flagships are too expensive as well? I do but they cost what they cost.

    iPhones are expensive for what you get, thatís irrefutable but 300.00 isnít highway robbery if you really want an iPhone that isnít all that inferior to the iPhone 8 which cost 400.00 more. T-Mobile still sells it for 449.00, no thanks.

    The nice thing is you donít have to buy one and there are plenty of people that will.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Verizon Moto E4 is damn nice for $40.
    I have owned Samsung flagship phones for years (used to own HTC and before that Treo). I upgrade at each iteration. I just sold my factory unlocked S8+ for more than I paid for my Note 8. There is a guy trying to sell an iPhone 5 locally. He's down to $30 and still people are giving him hell over the price. A Note 3 still has the specs of a nice phone and are at least $100. Point being I loved my Note 3, but I've given 2 E4 as gifts instead and saved the money because $50 buys you a solid android.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Patriots Nation
    Posts
    9,498
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Droid Turbo 2, Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Changes often
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
    Verizon Moto E4 is damn nice for $40.
    I have owned Samsung flagship phones for years (used to own HTC and before that Treo). I upgrade at each iteration. I just sold my factory unlocked S8+ for more than I paid for my Note 8. There is a guy trying to sell an iPhone 5 locally. He's down to $30 and still people are giving him hell over the price. A Note 3 still has the specs of a nice phone and are at least $100. Point being I loved my Note 3, but I've given 2 E4 as gifts instead and saved the money because $50 buys you a solid android.
    Point taken and I'm not trying to argue but I disagree 50.00 buys you a solid phone.

    It buys you a phone, sure but nothing I'd use as a daily driver.

    I paid 300.00 for my Honor 8 which is superior to my iPhone 6s that it replaced.

    Heck, take a look at the Honor 7x for 200.00 and you'd be crazy to buy the 6s. However, if you want an iPhone you want an iPhone.

    Any announcement or price reduction on an iPhone brings out the haters or nay sayers for some reason.

    Sent from my Honor 8 using the HoFo app.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    576
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    Point taken and I'm not trying to argue but I disagree 50.00 buys you a solid phone.

    It buys you a phone, sure but nothing I'd use as a daily driver.

    I paid 300.00 for my Honor 8 which is superior to my iPhone 6s that it replaced.

    Heck, take a look at the Honor 7x for 200.00 and you'd be crazy to buy the 6s. However, if you want an iPhone you want an iPhone.

    Any announcement or price reduction on an iPhone brings out the haters or nay sayers for some reason.

    Sent from my Honor 8 using the HoFo app.
    I didn't even know it was a good price. Every price I've ever seen Cricket offer is garbage. I wouldnt buy old tech for a premium regardless of brand. People can buy whatever. The E4 is quite decent for $40 though.
    I'm not likely to ever use the brand you're touting either. Though they do seem to be putting out a bang for buck. Considered giving my daughter the Honor 6 when Best Buy was running that deal. Ended up keeping the extra cash and when she breaks the E4 I'll get her another.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,199
    Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
    I don't know why you'd want to buy it from them. An unlocked version flashes itself to Cricket bloatware doesn't it? There prices are always out of sight. It's a 3 year old phone.
    $300 for an iPhone 6s 32GB is a great deal ($150 less than retail). Used and unlocked they still sell for $250 on eBay.

    Apple has never allowed 3rd party bloatware. Not sure where you got that idea from.

    I purchased a couple of iPhones from Cricket last month and was able to unlock them via the AT&T unlock request. YMMV

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    504
    Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 12thman View Post
    $300 for an iPhone 6s 32GB is a great deal ($150 less than retail). Used and unlocked they still sell for $250 on eBay.
    This is a great deal, and despite the device's age, still hangs with many other "current" Apple devices (the A9 SoC is the same in the iPhone SE, and very similar to the variants found in the 2017 iPad, 9.7" iPad Pro, and the first-gen 12.9" iPad Pro). Apple should support these devices for quite awhile, so unless a user needs features found on the 8/8 Plus/X, it's a pretty compelling buy as a new product, especially at a price lower than Apple. We bought a few $130-$150 iPhone SEs last year, which was a bargain.

    Avoiding the Android/iPhone debate, as there are excellent devices at lower price points if you're interested in Motorola, Honor, and the various other usual suspects. Judging this on its own merits, the SE is a better deal, but if you want a larger screen, better front camera, better modem, or Touch ID 2, the 6s is still a good deal. Plus, the 6s, if unlocked, will work on all four carriers.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,636
    Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aokusman View Post
    Rather take the se for $160 than a $300 6s.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    i got the SE for $99 over the holidays...the SE is the SAME phone as the 6s just smaller screen and a few less features...apple is to over price but the SE at $99 was a very good deal, got it unlock and rocking it on t-mobile

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    665
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    i got the SE for $99 over the holidays...the SE is the SAME phone as the 6s just smaller screen and a few less features...apple is to over price but the SE at $99 was a very good deal, got it unlock and rocking it on t-mobile
    The SE is a good phone and you purchased at a good price but differences other screen size exist for the SE and 6S. My wife has an SE and I have purchased the SE for others on our plan. The SE has 1st generation touch ID and 6S has 2nd generation touch ID. The 6S screen has higher resolution. The 6S has a better facetime camera.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Patriots Nation
    Posts
    9,498
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Droid Turbo 2, Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Changes often
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    i got the SE for $99 over the holidays...the SE is the SAME phone as the 6s just smaller screen and a few less features...apple is to over price but the SE at $99 was a very good deal, got it unlock and rocking it on t-mobile
    If you can deal with a 4" screen the SE is a good phone. Especially for the price you paid.

    Sent from my Honor 8 using the HoFo app.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    310
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    Point taken and I'm not trying to argue but I disagree 50.00 buys you a solid phone.

    It buys you a phone, sure but nothing I'd use as a daily driver.
    Completely disagree. The Huawei Ascent XT2 (the $65 Cricket Elate's twin on AT&T Prepaid) was $50 on Black Friday. That $50 bought you:

    Snapdragon 435 octa-core CPU
    2GB/16GB memory
    5.5" 720p screen that looks better than its specs
    4000 mAh battery
    Dual-band WiFi

    As for being a daily driver, I gave it to a friend who needed a phone that can go at least a day, preferably a day and a half without a charge, and they absolutely love the phone. It's $89 now, but its brother the Cricket Elate is only $15 above your limit and is one of the few Android phone to support HD Voice on Cricket.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    762
    Feedback Score
    0
    There are some decent deals for $50 from time to time, like the E4 and XT2 mentioned above. I bought three new in box US Cellular LG G4 phones 11 months ago for $51+$3 each shipping. That has been the best deal I've gotten in a while. They work on USCC, Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile (we only have Bands 2, 4, 5, 12/17, and 13 here so my bases are covered).

    I prefer the 6s over the SE, personally. I've been wanting to get another iPhone to piddle with. The 6s would be fine by me if Cricket will unlock it.

    Sent from my LGUS991 using HoFo mobile app

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,636
    Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CallmeJake View Post
    The SE is a good phone and you purchased at a good price but differences other screen size exist for the SE and 6S. My wife has an SE and I have purchased the SE for others on our plan. The SE has 1st generation touch ID and 6S has 2nd generation touch ID. The 6S screen has higher resolution. The 6S has a better facetime camera.
    yes thats why i said with "less features"

    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    If you can deal with a 4" screen the SE is a good phone. Especially for the price you paid.

    Sent from my Honor 8 using the HoFo app.
    im missing my 5.5in screen!!!! only thing i cant stand bout this phone, pretty damn small..thinking about selling it lol..

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Patriots Nation
    Posts
    9,498
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Droid Turbo 2, Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Changes often
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornos View Post
    Completely disagree. The Huawei Ascent XT2 (the $65 Cricket Elate's twin on AT&T Prepaid) was $50 on Black Friday. That $50 bought you:

    Snapdragon 435 octa-core CPU
    2GB/16GB memory
    5.5" 720p screen that looks better than its specs
    4000 mAh battery
    Dual-band WiFi

    As for being a daily driver, I gave it to a friend who needed a phone that can go at least a day, preferably a day and a half without a charge, and they absolutely love the phone. It's $89 now, but its brother the Cricket Elate is only $15 above your limit and is one of the few Android phone to support HD Voice on Cricket.
    Reports Iíve read indicated the screen was weak and 2GB of RAM is the new 1GB. Poor quality low light camera as well. Yes, itís cheap and if thatís all you got then thatís fine. If it gets you excited, good for you. Still not daily driver worthy in my book. We all have a different barometer.

    I got a free (thatís zero cost) LG K20 Plus when I ported a number to Metro PCS. I picked up another for my wife. Unlocked it and put it on T-Mobile where they sell it for 175.00.

    3 days later I ordered my Honor 8. The K20 plus is resting in its box and will be used if I break, lose or sell my Honor 8.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    310
    Feedback Score
    0
    I know we're probably OT here, but ...

    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    Reports Iíve read indicated the screen was weak
    Having actually used the Ascent XT2, I don't have any need to rely on reports. Considering it's a 720p screen it compares better than you'd think with the full HD screen on my Honor 6X.

    2GB of RAM is the new 1GB
    In terms of spec creep, yes. In terms of performance, no. Try a phone with 2GB RAM then go try one with 1GB RAM; I had to do this yesterday. App switching difference was obvious. Huawei's somewhat aggressive memory management also goes a long way.

    Poor quality low light camera as well.
    This is a general Huawei issue. Even the $800 Mate 10 Pro with its dual Leica lenses - both with a f/1.6 aperture - has occasional low light issues. However, the Ascend XT2 has the virtually the same Huawei camera app that's on the 6X, so you can do a lot to tweak pics.

    Yes, itís cheap and if thatís all you got then thatís fine. If it gets you excited, good for you.
    Price of the XT2 may be cheap but it doesn't feel cheap, mostly thanks to its metal back. No one who's held it has thought it felt like a $50 phone. Personally, I've got an Honor 6X that I'm very happy with, but I was able to spend $50 instead of $100 or $150 and buy a phone that totally meets my friend's needs.

    So having an extra $50-100 in my pocket? Yup, that falls under "excited". And, yes, good for me.

    I got a free (thatís zero cost) LG K20 Plus when I ported a number to Metro PCS. I picked up another for my wife. Unlocked it and put it on T-Mobile where they sell it for 175.00.
    Had one briefly when I tried to upgrade an old G Stylo. Zero cost is the appropriate price ballpark for that phone. Having used the K20 Plus and the Ascend XT2, I'd take the Huawei any day - better display, better camera app, better performance, way, way better battery life. And you're right, T-Mobile actually has the balls to charge $175 for that phone.

    We all have a different barometer.
    Bingo! On one level I understand where you're coming from. I've gotten accustomed to the (excellent) fingerprint sensor on the Honor 6X and would have some adjustment having a daily driver without it. However, my friend didn't have a fingerprint sensor on her old phone and doesn't miss one at all on the sensor-less XT2. In short, if one needs a Mate 10 Pro with 6GB RAM, 128GB storage and dual Leica cameras as their daily driver then they should rightfully ignore $50 phones for themselves. But they also shouldn't look down their nose at the worth of a $50 Ascend or $40 Moto E4 to people who can't afford or don't need an $800 phone.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,636
    Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markdiesel View Post
    There are some decent deals for $50 from time to time, like the E4 and XT2 mentioned above. I bought three new in box US Cellular LG G4 phones 11 months ago for $51+$3 each shipping. That has been the best deal I've gotten in a while. They work on USCC, Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile (we only have Bands 2, 4, 5, 12/17, and 13 here so my bases are covered).

    I prefer the 6s over the SE, personally. I've been wanting to get another iPhone to piddle with. The 6s would be fine by me if Cricket will unlock it.

    Sent from my LGUS991 using HoFo mobile app

    from what apple told me..Apple cant unlock phones only the carriers can,even tho cricket had to send out "a request" to get the unlock code..and for cricket to unlock the phone it has to be on their network for 6 straight months with no missed payments..so on that note if the phone isnt bought from cricket then theres no way for cricket to unlock it cause it has to be on their network first in which u cant do cause its carrier lock

    or u buy a phone thats already unlock then u can throw it on cricket

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,709
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    A 300.00 new iPhone 6s isnít out of sight by any means.
    And BTW, itís still a good, capable phone. I actually donít see major improvements between the 6s, 7, or 8 that justify the price difference. An iPhone 8 is 400.00 more!

    You canít look at it through an Android lens where 49.99 will get you a phone.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Apple has stated that they have fixed the power & battery issues that are present in the 6, 6s, and 7; the 8 and the X reportedly will not suffer the unexpected shutdowns when the battery is not new. With the 6, 6s, and 7, you will have to replace the battery much more often.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-21-2016, 07:50 AM
  2. Iphone 6S soon on Cricket Wireless
    By ROLLTIDE in forum Cricket/AIO
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-26-2015, 08:40 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-24-2012, 12:46 PM
  4. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 02-02-2011, 01:35 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-25-2011, 01:49 PM

Bookmarks