Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 28 of 28

Thread: T-Mobile vows to use renewable electricity to cover 100% of energy needs

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Topeka
    Posts
    1,808
    Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Hey John, how many birds do you expect to kill during those 15 years??
    Fewer than the common house cat, windows and so on.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    14,745
    Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by macuser09 View Post
    Fewer than the common house cat, windows and so on.


    Donald Newcomb

  3. #18
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,506
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by macuser09 View Post
    Fewer than the common house cat, windows and so on.
    Windows kills birds? It must date back to the Ballmer era.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Norton, Ohio
    Posts
    2,937
    Device(s)
    HTC Amaze 4G
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Hey John, how many birds do you expect to kill during those 15 years??
    Because coal doesn't kill birds🙄

    Sent from my LG-H918 using HoFo mobile app
    Speeds from my HTC Sensation The last one is Roadrunner-Way to impress, Time Warner


  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,041
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MasonDoctorJT View Post
    Because coal doesn't kill birds
    Maybe if you threw chunks of coal at birds, it would. But I don't think that happens very often.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,506
    Feedback Score
    0
    There goes my preferred hunting method.

    Guess I won't be having coal-felled cormorant tonight!

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Norton, Ohio
    Posts
    2,937
    Device(s)
    HTC Amaze 4G
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Maybe if you threw chunks of coal at birds, it would. But I don't think that happens very often.


    Sent from my LG-V521 using HoFo mobile app

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,041
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MasonDoctorJT View Post

    The Sovacool paper on which that chart is based for "how many birds are killed" by coal, includes birds that aren't actually killed at all. 98% of the "deaths" are actually assumed population reductions over the next 38 years due to climate change which the report admits in its footnote: "This estimate is a very crude approximation".

    But when you're trying to spin the facts your way to get large government grants to pay for renewable energy sources, a few very crude approximations can come in quite helpful.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    14,745
    Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    The Sovacool paper on which that chart is based for "how many birds are killed" by coal, includes birds that aren't actually killed at all. 98% of the "deaths" are actually assumed population reductions over the next 38 years due to climate change which the report admits in its footnote: "This estimate is a very crude approximation".

    But when you're trying to spin the facts your way to get large government grants to pay for renewable energy sources, a few very crude approximations can come in quite helpful.
    "Liars, damned liars and statisticians."

    That and the numbers are not adjusted for the percentage of power supplied by a particular source. For instance, solar power only accounts for 0.005% of US electric production. I think all the birds killed in the cited estimates are due to just one solar plant in California.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,565
    Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    0
    Lmao... you guys. Anyways, solar power is actually more enviromentally friendly than kids.
    Kids kill more birds with their bb-guns than the whole entire sun power industry combined... and just the kids in Utah... lol whats in their food?

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Norton, Ohio
    Posts
    2,937
    Device(s)
    HTC Amaze 4G
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    The Sovacool paper on which that chart is based for "how many birds are killed" by coal, includes birds that aren't actually killed at all. 98% of the "deaths" are actually assumed population reductions over the next 38 years due to climate change which the report admits in its footnote: "This estimate is a very crude approximation".

    But when you're trying to spin the facts your way to get large government grants to pay for renewable energy sources, a few very crude approximations can come in quite helpful.
    Haha, spinning facts. You are the one that said coal only killed birds of you threw it at them. Who is spinning what? Even if you get rid of that 98% that you say really aren't deaths, your still sitting at 158, 000 bird deaths due to coal. That is not zero No matter how you spin it!

    Sent from my LG-V521 using HoFo mobile app

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    14,745
    Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Regardless of the number of birds killed by various ways of creating electricity, T-Mobile's announcement is nothing but hollow virtue signaling. Why? Well you can't separate and sort out electricity on the grid by source any more than you can sort out water in a city's system by which well it comes from. It's all commingled. It's totally ridiculous. Can you see an electric meter at a T-Mobile tower marker "Renewable sources only"? All T-Mobile can do is buy X MWH from a renewable source (e.g. Hydro Quebec) then resell it back to the market and actually pay the local electric utility for whatever power they produce, while claiming they're using the power the bought from Hydro Quebec. If they do it right, they can probably buy and resell the same block of "renewable sourced" electric power over and over. The fact that anyone falls for this gag, saying "Oh! Isn't it wonderful that T-Mobile is so environmentally responsible." only serves to demonstrate how brain-dead they really are.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,506
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Does nothing for me since Wind and Solar energy cause more long term issues on the environment than natural gas. But, T-Mobile wants the young customers that believe in Al Gore's Global Warming Fraud.
    Wise statements....

    I am recalling the recent time on a nearby Great Lake when they had to hail a giant electricity-generating windmill from one state to the other. The hauled it on a coal-burning lakes freighter. Oh, the irony...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Bell Mobility Goes Lean: Using Performance Monitoring to Cut Waste
    By TelecomZombie in forum Canadian Wireless Industry Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-19-2014, 12:18 AM
  2. PDAs to use 3650 BT to connect to the internet?
    By cancer623 in forum Symbian/S60
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-15-2003, 02:54 PM
  3. Possible To Use T720i Firmware to Flash T720?
    By Shadowz in forum Motorola
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-07-2003, 05:24 AM
  4. How To Use Anvil Studio...to Make Your Own Rings
    By Nextelover421 in forum General Nextel Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-24-2003, 10:18 PM
  5. Does Anyone Know A Way To Use My Isp To Access Wap?
    By samogonshick in forum Samsung
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-12-2002, 01:27 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks