Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: T-Mobile vows to use renewable electricity to cover 100% of energy needs

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Hey John, how many birds do you expect to kill during those 15 years??
    Fewer than the common house cat, windows and so on.

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by macuser09 View Post

Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by macuser09 View Post
    Windows kills birds? It must date back to the Ballmer era.

Device(s)
    HTC Amaze 4G
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Hey John, how many birds do you expect to kill during those 15 years??
    Because coal doesn't kill birds🙄

Sent from my LG-H918 using HoFo mobile app
    Speeds from my HTC Sensation The last one is Roadrunner-Way to impress, Time Warner

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MasonDoctorJT View Post
    Because coal doesn't kill birds
    Maybe if you threw chunks of coal at birds, it would. But I don't think that happens very often.

Feedback Score
    There goes my preferred hunting method.

Guess I won't be having coal-felled cormorant tonight!

Device(s)
    HTC Amaze 4G
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Maybe if you threw chunks of coal at birds, it would. But I don't think that happens very often.

Sent from my LG-V521 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MasonDoctorJT View Post

The Sovacool paper on which that chart is based for "how many birds are killed" by coal, includes birds that aren't actually killed at all. 98% of the "deaths" are actually assumed population reductions over the next 38 years due to climate change which the report admits in its footnote: "This estimate is a very crude approximation".

But when you're trying to spin the facts your way to get large government grants to pay for renewable energy sources, a few very crude approximations can come in quite helpful.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    The Sovacool paper on which that chart is based for "how many birds are killed" by coal, includes birds that aren't actually killed at all. 98% of the "deaths" are actually assumed population reductions over the next 38 years due to climate change which the report admits in its footnote: "This estimate is a very crude approximation".

But when you're trying to spin the facts your way to get large government grants to pay for renewable energy sources, a few very crude approximations can come in quite helpful.
    "Liars, damned liars and statisticians."

That and the numbers are not adjusted for the percentage of power supplied by a particular source. For instance, solar power only accounts for 0.005% of US electric production. I think all the birds killed in the cited estimates are due to just one solar plant in California.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Lmao... you guys. Anyways, solar power is actually more enviromentally friendly than kids.
    Kids kill more birds with their bb-guns than the whole entire sun power industry combined... and just the kids in Utah... lol whats in their food?

Device(s)
    HTC Amaze 4G
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score

Haha, spinning facts. You are the one that said coal only killed birds of you threw it at them. Who is spinning what? Even if you get rid of that 98% that you say really aren't deaths, your still sitting at 158, 000 bird deaths due to coal. That is not zero No matter how you spin it!

Sent from my LG-V521 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Regardless of the number of birds killed by various ways of creating electricity, T-Mobile's announcement is nothing but hollow virtue signaling. Why? Well you can't separate and sort out electricity on the grid by source any more than you can sort out water in a city's system by which well it comes from. It's all commingled. It's totally ridiculous. Can you see an electric meter at a T-Mobile tower marker "Renewable sources only"? All T-Mobile can do is buy X MWH from a renewable source (e.g. Hydro Quebec) then resell it back to the market and actually pay the local electric utility for whatever power they produce, while claiming they're using the power the bought from Hydro Quebec. If they do it right, they can probably buy and resell the same block of "renewable sourced" electric power over and over. The fact that anyone falls for this gag, saying "Oh! Isn't it wonderful that T-Mobile is so environmentally responsible." only serves to demonstrate how brain-dead they really are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Does nothing for me since Wind and Solar energy cause more long term issues on the environment than natural gas. But, T-Mobile wants the young customers that believe in Al Gore's Global Warming Fraud.
    Wise statements....

I am recalling the recent time on a nearby Great Lake when they had to hail a giant electricity-generating windmill from one state to the other. The hauled it on a coal-burning lakes freighter. Oh, the irony...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2